I'm Leaving You Tonight

The morning after the night before.

Mystery person’s P.O.V.

*beep beep beep*

“Urgh shut uuup.” I whine, rolling over and slamming my hand on the ‘off’ button on my alarm clock.

Ahh much better. I guess I must have fallen asleep last night during the film because my TV is still on and the main menu for Hitch is playing over and over again. Yeah I know what you’re thinking, I thought she was gonna watch chick flicks all night not comedy’s, and I was, well I did but I just felt myself sinking further and further into depression from watching films where girls meets guy, girl falls in love with guy, bad shit happens, but girl gets guy in the end and lives happily ever after. I mean come on like that shit ever happens. I’ve been waiting for my ‘happily ever after’ practically all of my adult life and so far I’ve seen nothing close to it. So yeah I started watching Hitch because I needed a laugh before I got too depressed.

I contemplate going back to sleep but I’m nearly wide awake now so it’s not gonna happen. I sit up and try to find the remote to turn the TV off but as I do my head starts to pound and I start feeling dizzy, although the dizziness is a regular occurrence lately so I’m used to it, even though it sucks. Flopping back down onto my pillows, I scan the room looking at all my posters, my eyes stopping on one of many My Chem ones momentarily. Yes I’m 21 and still act like a 16 year old in the sense of having posters covering every inch of my bedroom walls. But do I care? No, I like how I live my life. Well actually that’s a lie, most of the time I hate it but I don’t think I could see myself living life any differently. I’m set in my ways I guess.

When I feel the pain in my head start to fade I decide to get up and get some painkillers before I start feeling shit again. With all that said and done, I head downstairs not bothering to get changed out of my pj’s. While the kettle boils I check my phone for any messages, mainly message about last night’s gig, but instead I find about 10 or so missed calls…all from Jess. Woah I wonder what’s up. Intrigued, I abandon the boiling kettle and pick up the house phone that’s handily lying on the worktop and dial Jess’s number.

“Hey!” I hear her say rather perkily down the line.

“Hey, it’s me. What’s all the commotion? I have about 10 missed calls from you.” I ask immediately trying to avoid her rambling about how ‘freaking awesome last night’s gig like totally was’. Although I get the feeling that’s what the missed calls were about – her rubbing it in.

“Oh my god. You’d like never believe it. That idiot, what’s his name? You know, he’s the one you drool over.” She giggles.

“You mean Mikey and I do not drool over him. He’s not an idiot either” I object while wandering around the downstairs of my house.

“Mickey yeah. Anyway, he totally like fell off the stage and they just stopped the gig. I mean like how rude. I didn’t even get to meet up with my baby.” She said the first half giggling and the second with faux annoyance. The fucking cheek of her!
“What!?” I practically scream at her completely forgetting about being ill and in pain, “He fell off the stage? How? Is he ok? Why the hell didn’t you tell me this earlier?”

“Woah like calm down. Yes the idiot fell off the stage. Err the lead singer guy did it, haha. I don’t know or care if he’s ok. And I like tried to ring you so like shut up.” I hate her. I actually hate her.

“Don’t you dare call him an idiot. Quit being so heartless Jess.”

“Yeah so anyway…” I tune out as she starts rambling about the rest of her night. As I wander into the living room towards where my computer is, I stop as I see an unexpected ‘guest’ on my couch.

“I err…I’m gonna have to ring you back Jess…” I interrupt in shock.

“Oh, are you o…” I hang up on her and the phone falls to the floor as my eyes meet a pair of scared yet beautiful hazels.