I'm Leaving You Tonight

The stranger in the living room.

Mikey’s P.O.V

Slowly opening my eyes, I blink a couple of times and then quickly close them again as I’m hit by the brightness of the room. Where am I? What happened? The last thing I remember is playing the gig, and that definitely wasn’t in the middle of the day, so why was I just blinded by sunlight?!

When I finally get my eyes adjusted to the light, I scan the room. Hmm…armchair, coffee table, TV, fireplace, computer, funky purple wallpaper, dark brown (painfully close to being black) floorboards…ok so I’m not in a hospital. Where the hell am I then? This is actually quite worrying. That and the fact I can’t remember anything. I don’t even know what time it is and what day. Looking around again, I spot a clock. Ok 10am, but I still don’t know what day it is.

Just as I contemplate turning the TV on to find out the date, I hear footsteps coming down some stairs. Now considering I have no idea what happened to me and I have no idea where I am, I’d say I’m pretty entitled to be feeling shit scared right now don’t you!? I listen carefully as the footsteps come to a stop and I hear a kettle begin to boil. Mmm I could just drink a cup of coffee right now...Mikey shut up! Now is not the time to be thinking about caffeine. I’m brought out of my daydreams about coffee by a woman’s voice. A beautiful voice might I add. Oh god I’ve been kidnapped by a crazed fan. Aaand there goes more paranoia…I hope. Despite being deeply fascinated by this mysterious voice and who the owner of it is, when I hear the voice, obviously talking to someone on the phone, come nearer to wherever I am, I start panicking. And just when I’m on the verge of a panic attack, she appears in the doorway and any air that’s left in my lungs is gone. Wow.

“I err…I’m gonna have to ring you back Jess…” And the sound of something hitting the floor reminds me to breathe again and I take a big gulp of air as our eyes meet.

...

“I…err…erm…what…why…are you here? Am I imagining you? I know I’m ill but this is crazy.” She rambles recovering from a similar shock to the one I’m in before me. Ok so she’s just as clueless as to the reason I’m here, in what must be her home, as I am. We can rule out the ‘crazed fan kidnapping’ idea then.

Finally finding my voice, I utter, “I was actually hoping you could tell me but it seems you know just as much as I do. And no I don’t think you’re imagining me…I mean if I was your imagination, I’d tell you right!?”

“You can’t be real though. You’re Mikey Way. I mean last night…y-you just can’t possibly be here in my living room. N-no I won’t believe it.” There she goes with the rambling again. Wait…what happened last night? Was last night the night of the gig? It must have been.

“Last night? What happened last night exactly?”

Ignoring me completely, she turns abruptly and sits at her computer, turning it on. Not knowing what to do or say next I stay sat down on the sofa and watch helplessly as ‘the girl’ waits, rather impatiently, for her computer to start up.