I'm Leaving You Tonight

The truth is out.

‘The girl’s’ P.O.V.

This is just too weird…seriously. I mean Mikey Way, who by the way was supposedly injured last night, in my living room? Yeah right. Either I’m still asleep and dreaming, or the food poisoning was worse than I thought and I’m hallucinating. But what I don’t get, is why ‘Mikey’ is just as clueless as me.

As soon as my computer has started up, I open up my internet and log onto INO, which is a My Chem fansite for those not ‘in the know’. Going straight to my usual hangout, I find much to my delight, that a few of my friends are already there.

[I’m just gonna do the following as an MSN type conversation.]

Me: Hey guys…
Ellie: Em! *hugs*
Tink: Em…omg have you heard?!
Me: Is this about Mikey?
Tink: Yeah. Do you know already?
Me: I heard about it briefly from Jess, so in other words, I know nothing.
Ellie: Oh Em it’s so bad. It’s probably a good thing that you were too ill to go.
Tink: God I hate being the one to tell you of all people this. But basically Mikey got hit over the head by Gee’s mic, fell off the stage and got rushed to hospital.
Me: *starts welling up* What?! Does anyone know how he is now?
Tink: We found out earlier…he’s in a coma Em. It’s all over the MTV…and probably your local news.
Ellie: *hugs* I’m sorry Em. I know it’s hard for you to hear.

No, that can’t be possible. He has to be ok. Oh god. My vision starts to get blurred by my tears and just as they’re threatening to spill over and run down my cheeks, I remember about the ‘Mikey’ sat just behind me on my sofa.

Me: I…err…I’m gonna go guys. Don’t worry, I’m not gonna do anything stupid. I just need to…think. ILY. <3

Logging off, I get up and face ‘Mikey’. Looking me in the eye, he notices my tears and his confused look turns to a worried, yet questioning one.

Not giving him a chance to speak, I voice, “Don’t move. I’ll be back in a minute.”

I run back into the kitchen, the kettle long since abandoned, and grab a tissue. Hastily dabbing at my eyes in an attempt to stop the tears, I hear footsteps approaching. Spinning around on my heels, I come face to face with a concerned looking ‘Mikey’.

“Are you ok? You can talk to me.” He warily asks.

“I’m fine. Leave me be.” I snap without meaning to. Momentarily he looks shocked but seconds later, he daringly steps even closer and puts a caring hand on my upper arm.

“Is this to do with last night? What happened? Please I’d like…no I need to know.” Feeling more tears start to well up, I quickly blink them away. However, not quickly enough for them to go unnoticed by the attentive ‘Mikey’, who starts rubbing up and down my arm in a calming manner. In doing so, I get butterflies but almost immediately push them away again.

“Err…I don’t know how to explain it...oh I know. Follow me.” Glad to have an excuse for getting his hand off me, I lead him back into the living room where I sit on the sofa and turn on the TV, switching it to MTV and we both sit in silence watching.



“…and right now, the rest of the band have just left the hospital to check into a nearby hotel. However Gerard seems to have stayed behind, most likely keeping a vigil by his brother’s bedside. We’ll keep you posted as we find out more” The surprisingly non-plastic MTV presenter closes.

Turning to look at a very shocked ‘Mikey’ who also has tears in his eyes after watching the whole segment on ‘him’, I start to wonder what is actually going on. The ‘Mikey’ sat next to me has to be the one in the coma. I know his every feature by heart and there is not one difference between the two men. But it’s not possible for one man to physically be in two places at once…especially when the man in question is comatose.

Finally finding his voice, I’m brought out of my thoughts by a, “Woah. So I’m in a coma!? So how the hell am I here?”

“I was actually just wondering that myself…oooh isn’t true that when some people fall into a coma they go into some sort of dream world except they know they are and they’re in control of their actions and stuff?” I’m sure I’ve heard that a few times.

“Hmm…I think I’ve heard something like that before. Why? Do you think that this is my ‘dream world’?”

“Well no because this is reality. But I do think that for some reason you were brought here instead.” For some reason that last sentence made me think of my constant dream of getting a day with him. No…that can’t be the reason why. It just can’t….can it?!

“But why though? I mean if you can see me, what’s stopping everyone else seeing me too?! To them I should be comatose.”

“Good point. Hmm…well we’ll have to find out now won’t we…” Trailing off, I pull my mobile out of my dressing gown pocket and take a risk in texting Jess, inwardly cringing as I finally remember I’ve been in the presence of one of my idols in pj’s and with no make-up on.