I'm Leaving You Tonight

What's it feel like to be a ghost?

Mikey’s P.O.V

Once again sitting in silence, I attempt to let all this sink in properly. I still can’t believe it. I’m in an coma!? Boy is Gerard gonna hear about this when I wake up. Shit. I will wake up won’t I?!

“I knew I was right to have a bad feeling about yesterday.” I mumble mainly to myself but I think…huh I still don’t know her name. I must remember to ask. But anyway ‘she’ heard.

“Huh? You what?” She asks obviously confused.

So I recall my last day of consciousness to her, including all my thoughts and feelings I had about that night. Basically I told her everything. And ‘she’ nodded along, taking everything I was saying in, listening so intently. Not just because I was some rockstar in a band she likes, but because she was genuinely interested in what I had to say. She just sat there watching & listening, her face lighting up as she giggled her cute little giggle whenever I got to a funny point of the day, and her eyes showing genuine sympathy as she gave a caring smile whenever I got to a low point of the day (mainly to do with what I was feeling about the night ahead). There and then, I knew we had some sort of connection and I could definitely see myself staying in touch with her. I mean not even Alicia is like that when I have something on my mind and wanna get it off my chest. Woah, am I really comparing my fiancée to a girl I just met?!



Not long after I finish filling her in, the doorbell goes.

“Ok I’m warning you now, this…supposed friend of mine is pretty much a teenie. But if this plan goes horribly wrong, I’m not afraid to hurt her!” She grins while doing some ‘kung-fu’ moves with her hands making me laugh which in turn makes her giggle.

As she gets up to answer the door, I prepare myself for the worst.

“Hey Jess…” She greets putting on a (obviously) fake smile.

“Hi Em! What’s up?” Well now I know her name. Em…hmm it suits her. I wonder what it’s short for…

“I just thought you could tell me about last night properly. Come in.”

A disgustingly stick thin blonde struts in, wearing such a slutty outfit & way too much make-up for a Friday morning. She obviously thinks she’s God’s greatest gift and quite frankly…she’s not. Take Em – she’s still wearing her pyjamas, she has no make-up on and her hair has been quickly put up in a clip, yet she looks 10 times more beautiful than this Jess.

“Ugh I’m still like totally pissed with that Mickey for like dying and ruining my chances with Franklin.” Upon hearing that, I can’t help but burst out laughing. But only Em looks at me, with a smirk on her face at the fact that ‘Mickey’ actually heard Jess’s rant and she was totally oblivious to it, as she unknowingly sat down inches away from me.

I quickly scoot along the sofa away from the teenie germs and tune her out as she starts her rant to Em, who I get the feeling, is also tuning her out.

So I’m like invisible to everyone but Em now? This is…weird. But maybe our ‘connection’ is the reason I’m here instead of a dream world, and why only she can see me. I must be some sort of ‘astral projection’ me (yes I watch Charmed. There is nothing wrong with a guy who watches Charmed). This is actually starting to sound quite cool now, despite that fact that I’m actually in a coma right now but still.

“Hey dreamer.” Coming back to ‘reality’ with a nudge, I see Em sat giggling at me (boy is she a giggler), “Jess left about 5 minutes ago. You’ve been sat there away with the fairies for about 20 minutes.”

“I was thinking about this situation.” And then I tell her everything I was thinking about those past 20 minutes.

“You watch Charmed too?! That’s so awesome!” She says while bouncing on the sofa.

“Hell yeah I do. Anyway Em right?”

“Well Emily, but yeah people call me Em.”

“Ahh ok. So why are you friends with her?” I daringly ask.

The smile slips from her face as she sighs, “It’s complicated. Actually it’s not. Basically I don’t have any true friends around here so I associate with people like her. My only true friends are online and they live miles away. It sucks but I deal.”

“I’m so sorry. You shouldn’t have to live like that. You’re a great person and you don’t deserve that.” I pull her into a hug noticing her eyes well up at my words, “Hey, hey don’t cry. I get crying over me going into a coma but don’t cry over me complimenting you.”

She pulls out of the hug blushing slightly and faux scowls at me, “I wasn’t crying over you! Ok maybe I was a little, but don’t you get cocky Mister Way.” She giggles.



“Thank you.” I hear after a few minutes of silence.

Despite hearing that so many times from fans, I’m confused as to why she’s thanking me, “Thank you? What for?”

“I’ve been really ill and you’ve taken my mind off it. I feel much better actually. So thank you. Plus in a way, this makes up for having to miss the gig last night. But then again I’m grateful for being ill because otherwise I’d have been at that gig, and seeing that would have made my night way worse than it was. Anyway I’m rambling now so I'll thank you again and go and make myself look decent, because I’ve been in the same room as Mikey Way looking like utter shit for too long. Make yourself at home!” Then she gets up and heads towards the kitchen again leaving me giggling quietly at her rambling and getting starstruck again.

“You don’t look like shit! You look absolutely fine.” I protest and the last thing I see before she turns the corner is her blushing like mad.