Status: Completed. Drabble.

Innocence

031. Innocence

The innocence of the situation was the situation had no innocence. Neither did the boy who was the main reason there was a situation in the first place. Both sets of innocence had been stolen away a long time ago, both around the time the boy was seven.

Seven because that's when the voices started.

Seven because that's when he decided to kill his father.

And if innocence could be stolen more then once, it would have been stolen again at the age of seventeen.

Seventeen because that's when he gave in to the voices.

Seventeen because that's when he killed his father.

But, innocence could only be stolen from a certain situation once. Of course, there had been the accumulation of a different situation all together, but maybe not, since the voices had nothing to do with the other situation(or at least that's what Dalton told himself).

Eight.

That's when he had, had enough of his infant brothers cries.

That's when he sneaked into his brothers room and smothered him with his batman covered pillow.

Or maybe the fact stayed as Dalton had always remembered it being it stated.

Maybe there had never been any innocence in his blood at all.

Either way Dalton didn't want to keep the word in his mind, in his dictionary.

So, it was discarded just as others before it had been, adding a little more company for his sanity.