Ribbons Academy for Boys

o26

In the morning, Braxton’s alarm woke us up at 7:30 and classes started at 8:15. I climbed over Braxton, kissed him quickly, and walked out. Braxton’s shirt was long enough that it covered my shorts.

“Oooohhh. Did someone get a late birthday present?” Tanner asked.

“Shut up.” I shoved him lightly, hiding my blush. He just continued to laugh. I walked to my room and grabbed my uniform and took a shower. When I was done, I went to the kitchen to get food. Fye, Tanner, Gerald, and Derell were in the kitchen, watching me. “What?” I snapped. Fye burst out laughing.

“We heard you.” I blushed again.

“Oh.” I mumbled as I got myself a bowl of Frosted Flakes.

~*~


After school that day, we were all chilling in the main room when there was a knock at the door and Rex went to get it.

“Hero?” he called. I got up from my spot on the couch and went to the door. There was an officer standing in the doorway.

“You need to come with me.” he said. I felt a hand on my arm and I saw Braxton next to me.

“Why?” I asked.

“The principal needs to see you.”

I turned to Braxton. “I’ll be back soon, okay?” I reassured him. Braxton nodded and the officer led me to the offices. I got into the principal’s office, and before I could ask what was going on, he handed me the phone. I took it cautiously and put it to my ear.

“H-Hello?” I asked, half expecting to hear creepy, slow, breathing.

“Hero? It’s Seth.”

“Oh. Hi. What’s wrong?”

“Mom…She… Boss beat her to death this morning.” I felt like my heart stopped, and my world froze. My mom was dead? “Since Mom and Boss didn’t divorce, so Boss is your legal guardian.”

“No, I just turned 18.” I stated.

“Oh, happy birthday.”

“Shut up. What are we going to do?” I asked.

“Well, are you going to come to the funeral?”

“No. I’m never going back.” I said, tears streaming down my face.

“Well, okay. I don’t know then. I’m really sorry Hero.” he said.

“Yeah, I am too.”

“I love you Hero, I really do. Talk to you later.” he said.

“I love you too.” I said slowly and I heard him hang up. I handed the phone back to the principal.

“So?” he asked. I glared at him.

“My mom is dead.” I whispered. I looked down at my hands as I thought about all of this. My mom and dad were gone. All that was left was my brother and I.

“I’m sorry to hear that, I can arrange for you to get on the next flight out.”

“No. I don’t want to go.” I shook my head. I was shaking.

“Alright. Is there anything you need then?” he asked.

“I want to talk to John.” I muttered.

“Alright, you may go.” The officer led me out of the office to the councilor’s hall. He knocked on the door but no one answered.

“He might be in his dorm.” I said.

“Okay.” he said and led me to the dorm buildings. He left me at the entrance of the building. I was shaking as I walked up the stairs to the 2nd floor. I walked past Dorm F to John’s dorm. I knocked and I heard footsteps. The door opened and John appeared.

“Hero? What’s wrong?” I lost it and started crying. He put an arm around me and led me into his dorm. He sat me on his couch and gave me a box of tissues. I blew my nose and grabbed another tissue to wipe my eyes.

“My… Boss k-killed my m-mo-mom.” I sobbed. John’s arm went around me and I sobbed on his chest.

“I’m so sorry Hero.” I didn’t know what to say so I nodded. I cried for a good ten minutes, and started to stop, pulling away from John. “You okay?”

“Yeah.” I chocked. He rubbed my back as a sign of comfort.

“What are you going to do?” he asked quietly.

“Well, I’m not going to the funeral. I don’t ever want to go back again.” I wiped my eyes and nose again.

“I understand.” was all he said. Whether he did or not didn’t matter to me. I stopped sobbing after a few minutes and sat there, staring at the table. “Feeling better?”

“Yeah.” I mumbled.

“want some hot chocolate?” he asked. I shook my head. No thank you! I didn’t want my dream become a reality.

“No, I should get back to my dorm and tell them what’s happened.” I said.

“Alright.” he led me to the door and I left without another word. I went to the door of my dorm and took a breath before entering. Not all of the boys were in the main room. But Braxton was there and he saw me and his facial expression changed to worry, concern, and… anger?

“Hero, what’s wrong?” he asked, rushing to me.

“My mom.” I said just above a whisper. “Boss killed her.” I started to cry again and Braxton hugged me close.

“What’s wrong?” someone asked.

“Her mom is dead.” Braxton said. “Come on.” Braxton led me to his room and sat me on the bed. He sat next to me and let me cry in his shirt. Since I had already cried with John, there wasn’t much left. “It’s going to be okay.” he cooed. I nodded and he kissed my temple. “I love you.” he whispered.

“Love you too.” I replied in the same tone.

~*~


Over the next week, I was very quiet, and no one was really talking to me. Everyone pretty much ignored me, except for Braxton, Tanner, and Parker of course. I still cooked dinners, it helped me take my mind off of everything.

I was in the kitchen, chopping cucumbers when Hank came in. He didn’t say anything as he strode over to the fridge and got a soda. He leaned up against the counter and opened it, taking a sip. Put of the corner of my eye, I saw him watching me. I ignored it, putting the sliced cucumbers on a plate, and started cutting a cauliflower.

“How are you?” I jumped in surprise, accidentally cutting my finger. Right now, bleeding.” I said. He grabbed my hand and stuck it under the tap water then dragged me to his room, were he got a band aid. He put it on my cut finger and kissed it.

“Better?” he smiled sincerely at me.

“Yes. Thanks.” I retrieved my hand from him. “I should get back to dinner.”

“Okay.” he said and left his room. I went back to cutting cauliflower and the rest of dinner.

~*~


By the end of April, beginning of May, we were all cramming for finals. And they we’d graduate, and life would be awesome. We hope.

Braxton and I were in his room, studying. And yes, there was studying going on. Graduating with at least a 4.0 meant so much to me.

“Do you plan on going to collage?” he randomly asked me.

I looked up from my book and shrugged. “Maybe community college. Something I can afford.”

“So are you going to be working?”

“Maybe. Are you?”

“I guess. Someone has to pay the bills.” he chuckled. I smiled and went back to reading. After a few minutes, I groaned and out my book on the ground. I put my hands in my lap and fell to the ground on my side. Braxton chuckled.

“You okay?” he asked, setting his book on the ground as well.

“Yeah. Just tired.” I pouted. Braxton crawled over to me and laid down, facing me.

“Poor baby.” he cooed, brushing stray hairs from my face. I smiled. He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine and pulled away. I smiled and he suggested we go to bed early.
♠ ♠ ♠
Today is a sad day..
1. I didnt get as many comments as i thought i would last chapter :c
2. The next chapter will probably be the last chapter... D':
Sad right? i realised that as i was typing this...

Its been a good run, and i love you all. I cant think of anything because i put it all in that last chapter. haha, sooo
I love you, please comment and subscribe <3