Status: ACTIVE :3

Waiting

II

Hearing my mother's panic shouting, I jumped up from my place beside my Uncle Matt and ran to the kitchen. Seeing the girl standing in my foyer, water dripping from her clothing onto the hardwood. My socks slid against the floor, making me run into the door frame. Shooting her a confused glare, I walked into my kitchen to see my mom and dad looking over a piece of paper.

“What's wrong?” I asked, coming to look over their shoulders. “Something happen?”

Mom looked at dad before glancing down at me. “We all need to talk,”

We walked back into the foyer to see her looking around, looking around the house. Dad and mom walked together up to the stranger in my house and told her sweetly to follow them into the dinning room. It wasn't long before Uncle Matt and Uncle Brian to walk in also, curious to what had happened.

I stood in the corner, my arms crossed over my chest in an aggravated way, because no one was telling me anything.

“So, Madisyn, is it?” Dad asked, looking at the piece of paper in his hands as he waited for her answer.

She cleared her throat, pushing her bag up on her shoulder before quietly, “Yes sir.”

“Who is your mother, sweetheart?” Mom asked, sending dad a weird look. Dad began to bite his lip and play with his lip rings.

“Anna Kendall,”

At once, Uncle Matt, Uncle Brian, and Dad made a noise, and I couldn't tell if it was a gasp of shock or a groan of disgust. I watched everyone carefully, trying to read them on how they were feeling, but I had no luck. I was still left in the dark.

“Do you know why you're here?”

“No, my mom dropped me off and told me to give you that envelope. Then she drove off.”

I rolled my eyes, not believe a second of her story. This is a bunch of bullshit, and I hoped no one believed it.

“Fuck, fuck, fuck...”

“Alright, we can handle this.” Mom said, trying to calm dad down from his mini breakdown. “Well, it seems you'll be living here with us, now, Madisyn.” She paused, looking at everyone before back at her. “Welcome to the family.”

“Can someone please tell me what's going on here?” I asked, stepping away from the wall, to be noticed.

“Tori, Sweetheart,” Mom started, coming to place her arm around my shoulders before Dad cut her off. “Madisyn here is your new sister.”

“The fu-”

“Victoria!”

“No, this is bullshit, dad. You expect me to just believe that she's my sister, and I'll open my arms to her? Come on, she's a stranger. I don't know her.”

“Victoria, be nice.” Mom scolded lightly, and I looked for anyone to help me, but no one made a move to say anything.

“Whatever,” I stomped my way up to my room, and slammed my door to make my point across.

I stayed in my room all night. I didn't want to even see anything related to her right now, I didn't think I could handle this right now. She just waltz right into this house and now everyone was wrapped around her finger? I don't think so.

Hours passed slowly, I have left my laptop downstairs and so I was stuck watching TV. I was getting tired and I was wanting to go to bed, so I got ready; slipping into my pajamas, and brushing my teeth after throwing my hair into a ponytail.

Once I was ready to go to bed, I cautiously walked out of my bedroom and down the stairs, hearing a conversation in the living room. Mom was cleaning the kitchen after the guys had left which left dad and Madisyn talking in the living room.

“Dad?” I asked, interrupting their conversation,having them both turn to me.

“What is it, Tori?”

“I'm ready to go to bed,” I said, looking at the clock to see that it was a little past two.

“Alright, good night.”

He turned to back to Madisyn and left me dumbfounded. My mouth hung agape and I stared at him not believing he did that. Every night before I go to bed, dad always comes in and sings to me, playing me a song on his guitar.

“Dad,” I said, interrupting them again. “You always play a song for me... You know I can't sleep without it.”

“You'll be okay for one night.”

The anger was multiplying, and I couldn't control it. “Oh, some stranger that claims to be your daughter – that could be some crazed fan – and you forget about your real family.” I felt a couple of tears fall from my eyes and I wiped them away angrily, feeling mom come up from behind me to see what was going on. “Then forget you, and your stupid lullaby.”

I turned on my heel, running up to my room. I couldn't help it, but I was so angry at my father. The last thing I heard before I slammed my door for the second time tonight, “Zachary Baker, you-”
♠ ♠ ♠
:D
tell me what you think!