Status: ACTIVE :3

Waiting

IV

My eyes burned. I had been staring into the darkness all night, plus the crying didn't help. I couldn't sleep, no matter how sleepy I was. I had that lullaby all my life, and now that wench comes along and I don't get it anymore? Fuck that. I had heard yelling from downstairs shortly after I stormed out of the living area, and I once again, blamed Madisyn. I heard my mom yelling about a paternity test, and I had to thank God someone still had their brain. Though, after a while, the yelling ceased and everything in the house was quiet.

I kicked the blankets off of my legs, and got up to go downstairs for a drink. I noticed the light was on in the kitchen, and when I rounded the corner, I saw Madisyn standing there, drinking some water.

I narrowed my eyes at her, crossing my arms defensively over my chest. “I hope you're happy now.”

“What am I happy about?”

“For ruining my life,” I muttered. “This is a sick plan you got, even for a fan.”

“Why do you keep calling me a fan? What am I a fan of?”

I sighed deeply, pinching the bridge of my nose in irritation. “My father! He's only the rhythm guitarist for Avenged Sevenfold.”

“Oh,”

“You better hope that test tomorrow is negative for your sake,”

Madisyn turned and put her glass in the sink before turning and facing me again. She furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms, “Why are you such a bitch? I haven't even done anything to you.”

“No one likes a homewrecker.” I turned and left, having to have the last word. I didn't even remember why I had went into the kitchen in the first place. I marched into my room and closed the door behind me. I knew I wouldn't get much sleep tonight, and I just hoped everything worked out tomorrow.

When I woke up, it was almost noon. I stretched and yawned, throwing the covers off of my legs and hopped up out of bed. I fixed my messed up ponytail and straightened out my pajamas. I walked downstairs and as soon as I reached the living room, the front door was opened and dad walked in with Madisyn behind him. He had a smile on his face and so did Madisyn until she saw me.

“Well,” mom said, coming up from behind me. “how did it go?”

“How did what go?” I asked, looking between all of them.

“It came out positive,” dad wrapped an arm around Madisyn's shoulders. “welcome to the family.”

I clenched my fist at my sides, holding in my anger. What did I do that was so horrendous that this happened to me? Angry tears were building up in my eyes, but I blinked them away before anyone noticed. Not like anyone would, Madisyn is the center of attention now... but that would soon change.

“I'll call the guys,” dad said, walking away with his cell phone. “we're having a BBQ to celebrate.”

“It's not worth celebrating,” I muttered, turning to walk into the kitchen.

“What was that, Tori?” I turned to mom, who was looking at me with understanding in her eyes. I sighed and shook my head.

“Nothing.”

It wasn't long before my uncles and aunts were here. I watched from the background as they greeted Madisyn with open arms. I was forgotten, abandoned. I watched as she laughed at Uncle Jimmy's jokes, and how she was bonding with Uncle Matt. Dad was tending to the grill and mom was inside with all my aunts.

“What are you doing all alone? Something wrong?” Uncle Brian came up from behind me and placed his hand against my forehead, in hopes to cheer me up, but it didn't work. Not this time.

“I'm fine,” I mumbled, looking down at my shoes.

“Tori, I practically raised you.” He sat down next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. “You know you can tell me anything.”

I sighed, I didn't really want to look like a whiner, especially after last night. “No one asks how I'm dealing with this, you know?” I looked up at him to see him with his head tilted to the side. “They saw a piece of paper that just said, 'Surprise, you have a kid.' and dad dropped everything to tend to her every need.”

“Well, did you look at it from his side? He has a kid he never knew about. He was just trying to handle it the best he could. He's probably still in shock.”

“Uncle B, he didn't even sing me my lullaby last night. I didn't fall asleep until after four in the morning.”

Brian sighed, and rubbed my back. “Just give it time. Everything will go back to normal soon enough.”

“Why doesn't anyone understand?!” I shouted, standing from my chair. I gained the attention of the people surrounding me. “It will never go back to normal! Hello, I'm the real child, I'm the one that truly matters!”

“Victoria Baker,” My dad came up to me, and I could tell he was furious by the way his eyes were narrowed at me. I looked around to see the many shocked faces, and Madisyn's upset one. That made me feel a little better. “you will apologize this instant!”

“No.”

I made my way to my room, closing the door behind me. I flopped down onto my bed and cuddled up to a stuffed teddy my dad had gotten me years ago. It was missing an eye and had stitched on his arm where Ichabod had gotten a hold of it, but it was still my most prized possession. It wasn't long before a knock came through my door, and it opened revealing Uncle Jimmy.

“Do you want to talk about what just happened?” He walked in, sitting on the edge of my bed, looking at me with those... eyes that he uses to get his way.

I sighed, turning my gaze to my teddy in my arms. “I can't talk to traitors.”

I heard him gasp, which brought my gaze back up to him to see that he had a fake hurt expression on his face and a hand over his heart. “How am I a traitor?”

I narrowed my eyes accusingly. “I saw you being friendly to the enemy.”

“Vicky, you know I'm friendly to everyone,” I sighed, knowing he was right. I've only seen him freak out on someone a few times in my whole life. And it wasn't a pretty sight.

“I just... I don't understand how one minute, everything is okay and normal and then she walks through the door, and I'm suddenly forgotten.”

“You're not forgotten,” He furrowed his eyebrows. “Why would you say that?”

“Daddy wouldn't even play my song last night, I got no sleep. He knows I can't sleep. And no one asks me if I'm okay, or if I need anything, or any shit like that. I've never had to share my family with anyone... why doesn't anyone cared about me anymore?”

I wiped a tear that had fell, and he sighed, scooting closer to me. I leaned my head on his shoulder. “Everyone still cares about you,” He started playing with my hair, knowing it calms me down. “I still care and love you. I'm asking about how you feel now, aren't I?” I nodded.

“It's just that, there is a new member to this family now. I know you've never had to share, because you're the baby to all of us, but you had to of realized that sooner or later one of us would have had a kid right?”

I shook my head, I've never really thought about it.

“Anyways, it's weird for all of us right now, we're all still getting use to her. Maybe you should cut her some slack?” I rolled my eyes but nodded anyways, knowing I'd never hear the end of it if I didn't. “Now, let's go back outside, apologize and have a good time like we always do.”

I followed Uncle Jimmy back outside and everyone stopped and stared at me. I walked up to Madisyn, a glare that could kill on my face. “I'm sorry,” It took all my energy to muster out an apology when I really didn't mean it, but dad seemed happier, and that's all that matters to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope I wasn't too harsh. >:)
Anyways, a better chapter is coming up next. (Heavenly Syn)
Comments make us VERY happy.