She Wasn't Afraid.

Four.

It was a week later, and I visited Hannah everyday while working at the Hospital, we talked about the latest celebrity scandals, she liked watching the News to keep up with what's going on in the world since she's hardly allowed outside.

She told me that she had leukemia, and getting treated, she had it when she was 6 but it came back again 5 months ago.

We were sitting there reading the magazine I got for her when a guy knocked on the door, Hannah looked and she was smiling from ear to ear when she saw him.

"Hey big brother! haven't seen you in a bit" She laughed happily.

"Yeah sorry sis, I only just got off break from school" He said as he sat down on the seat next to mine.

At that point I wanted to leave the two alone but Hannah insisted I stay.

"Allie, this is my big brother Owen, Owen this is my new friend Allison" She smiled.

We shook hands and talked for another 20 minutes when a nurse came in to tell us visiting hours were over and Hannah needed rest.

Owen and I left the room and walked outside together.

"So...Hannah told me about you" I looked at Owen.

"I called her yesterday to tell her I was coming back from College, I'm glad you've been keeping her company" He said.

"I'm happy to, she's great...such a happy person" I laughed.

Owen stopped and turned to me "I guess she's happy all the time to try and keep a brave face"

I turned to him "What do you mean? I thought she was going to get better"

Owen looked at the floor, I could tell he was upset.

"They brought her in 4 weeks ago because it got worse" He frowned.

We went to get coffee, he told me how she wasn't going to get any better, Doctors told him and their parents that it was only going to be 6 months, a year at the most but they couldn't promise anything.

At the end of the day I had to get home, I couldn't visit Hannah tomorrow because I had to work and my friends wanted to see me since I've hardly seen them all week.

It was going to be hard to see Hannah again now that I know this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading :)

please comment & subscribe