Sequel: Martin's Choice
Status: getting fixed again!

Jenna's Deathwish

The Doctor

After Halloween, Will, Jake and Angel had took us back to the castle where they sat us down in the sitting room. The four of them had explained their gifts and how they worked. They told us that Jared had turned them in two-thousand and four when the men were touring the city.
They told us that Jared and Godric found them and they had cared for them and showed them how to hunt and feed and how to keep what they were a secret from the world. They told us how, over the years, they had watched Jared gather followers for his clan. And how, over the years, he turned more savage and inhumane.
They told us how they had never wanted to lose their humanity, no matter what they were and how strong the bond between them and Jared was, so they left Jared and found the castle and fed only on animals instead of humans. They decorated it and called it their second home. Their first would always be Seattle, Washington in America as that was where they came from. But they couldn’t go back to live there because of what they were. People would notice they weren’t ageing.
I had asked them how they had met Emily and her sisters. They explained that after they had left Jared and were able to control themselves around humans, they went back to the city and continued their tour. It was in the nearby village they had found Emily and her sisters, and they fell in love with them straight away.
“We were young and naïve vampires. We thought turning them was the right thing to do, but it wasn’t. It was a total disaster.” Will had explained.
Nick nodded, “We didn’t know love back then and we ended up not liking them after a while. We felt awful for taking their life away, and they ended up joining Jared’s clan.”
“What happened to the sisters?” I had asked.
“They got themselves…killed because they were trying to expose what we were to the world, because they hated what they were. Jared destroyed them a few months after they joined him.” Angel had said.
Godric added, “Emily was the complete opposite. She loved everything about her new self, and ended up hating her sisters.”
“So what about James and Elizabeth? How do they know about you?” I had asked.
They went on to explain how Emily’s sisters had went to the siblings, who also lived in the village, and showed them what they were in order to expose them all. The siblings, being so shocked and appalled that creatures like that existed, sought to exterminate every single one in secret. James and Elizabeth had destroyed a couple of Jared’s clan over the years, but he always found more innocent people to join him.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wednesday 3rd
Our eyes were back to their normal colour after feeding. They would only go red when we had to feed and during feeding. They would only glow, in our case blue, when we were angry. Very angry.
I loved everything about my new self. My enhanced senses, speed and strength, the way I could think about things so much faster than when I was human. I bet revenge would be so much easier now.
Revenge. On my step-mother’s doctor.
Hmm that sounded good. After all, it was her doctor’s fault she was dead. Her doctor’s fault my family was torn apart. Her doctor’s fault my life went downhill last year…
“Ella, you okay?”
I looked up at Adele, totally unaware that I was growling.
I put my hand on the back on me neck, “Yeah.”
Now that I was super fast and super strong, no-one would be able to find me after I done it. Plus, I was already a missing person in Scotland, so they wouldn’t suspect me. It would be so easy; I didn’t need to sleep or book flights or anything. I could drive to the border of France then swim the English Channel. Then I’d steal a car, drive up to Scotland and bam!
Take my revenge.
The only problem was I didn’t know who this doctor was. All I knew was her name-Dr. Merrick and that she worked in Falkirk. In fact, I had no idea if she was actually a woman or not. But I‘d find her.
Oh I’d find her.
“Ella?”
I was growling again.
“I’m fine. Look…I need to go away for a bit.” I shoved my Docs on.
“What?” They both stood up.
I quickly put my arms into my leather jacket. “Just some unfinished business. I’ll be back in a day or two.”
They both looked at me very carefully.
“What are you going to do?” Jenna asked slowly.
“Something that should have been done two years ago.”
They were unsure, but let me go. They had no choice; I would have went anyway.
“I’ll tell you bout it when I get back.”
They walked me to my car.
“What if they ask?” Jenna hugged me goodbye.
“Just tell them what I said. I’ll take care of them when I get back.”
“Be careful.” Adele was serious.
I revved the engine, turned up my tunes and took off before the guys had a chance to see. They were elsewhere in the castle, and if they saw me leaving alone they would have stopped me.
Well. Tried to.
It was ten in the morning when I left. If I hurried I could kill the doctor in the same day. I didn’t stop speeding for anything. I was too excited. I drove all the way through Romania towards Hungary, through Austria, through Germany then to France. I couldn’t believe I was actually going through with it. It was easy to get through the countries-I just followed the signs. Luckily, most of them were in English. I did wing it a couple of times, went with what appeared relatively English. But apart from that everything went smoothly.
I arrived in France at two and decided to visit the Eiffel Tower. I had never been to France before, so I followed the signs for Paris, twisting and turning through the city until I found the tourist sign for the Eiffel Tower. It was dull and cold when I stepped out of my car. I tried not to attract too much attention, after all, I was a missing person and was probably advertised around Europe by now. It was hard to keep a low profile-I was ridiculously pale and stunningly beautiful and my clothes weren’t suitable for the winter so I didn’t plan on staying long.
It was magnificent and a little breathtaking I actually sat cross-legged on the grass to admire it. The scent of human was all around me but I didn’t mind-I hadn’t tasted human blood so I didn’t feel the need for it. The only blood I really had was deer so everyone and everything was perfectly safe. I felt quite proud about that, actually. But it was strange-I was the most dangerous thing in the city, maybe even in the whole country, yet no-one knew. Not one person.
“Bonjour.”
I looked up to see a boy standing over me. He smiled as I looked unsure.
“Bonjour.” I replied in my very Scottish accent.
He had long, dark brown hair and blue eyes. He was pretty, but not stunningly hansom.
He sat beside me, “Vivez-vous ici?”
“Sorry?”
He wore a blue duffle coat, beige trousers and a black hat and scarf. After all, it was snowing.
“Etes-vous Français?”
“Um…no. Ecosse. Écossais.”
Thank God I remembered French from school. But that wasn’t since first year. I had studied Spanish.
“Ah.” The boy nodded and held out his hand, “Delmar.”
I took it, “Ella.”
“Parley-vous Français?”
I shook my head and grinned, “No.”
“Ah. Um…” He cleared his throat, “Hello Ella. I’m Delmar.”
I giggled. That was sweet he was making an effort.
“You here holiday?”
No. Just passing through.”
“You like Eiffel Tower?”
I nodded, “Beautiful. It’s um…beau.”
He laughed, “Ah! Beau, beau. Very good.”
“You in school?” I asked. He looked the right age for senior year.
“School?”
“Yes. Like, ecole? L'école ou au collège?”
“Collège. Et vous? And you?”
“College.” It wasn’t a total lie. I was suppose to be in college right now.
I pointed to myself, “Never been to France.”
“What? Never? I show you around!”
“Oh you don’t have to.”
“Come.” He took my hand, but drew back at how cold I was.
He stared at me in shock because I was as cold as the snow.
Oops.
“Ce que le?”
“Sorry.” I jumped up, “Got to go. Adios. I mean, au revoir.”
I ran at human speed back to my car, ignoring everyone staring at me.
“Go. Go Stupid Ella. Big mistake.” I turned it around and raced from Paris all the way to Le Havre and parked my car right in the city next to the English Channel.
“Well.” I muttered as I ran for the water, “I’ve made it this far.”
I held my breath and went under water. It wasn’t cold to me but I knew people watching would have considered me a mad man. No matter what they think. I kicked my legs and took off like a rocket to wards England, never bothering to resurface. I didn’t need to and it was to dangerous; someone might have seen me.
After at least an hours swim, I cautiously resurfaced and looked around. Good. Nobody around. Quick as a wink I raced up the shore and on to land. I looked around as to some indication of where I was.
A sign. Bingo!
What did that say? Portsmouth? I was in Portsmouth? Well at least I had made it to England.
Now, what to do about drying off?
I walked aimlessly into town, completely dripping wet. I wasn’t embarrassed because I could pull it off. But it was annoying how everyone was staring at me because of it-I was trying to keep a low profile. I didn’t blame them.
“Are you alright?” An old man asked as I walked past him.
“Yeah. Just my friends mucking around.”
“You must be freezing!”
“Yep.” I lied.
“Tell you what. There’s a nice bed and breakfast just around that corner there.” He pointed his walking stick ahead. “They’ll dry your clothes and let you stay for the night at a very good price.”
What a nice man. “I don’t have any money with me.”
“What you out with no money for? Here take this.” He rummaged in his pocket and gave me twenty quid.
“No. No I cant take that!” I backed away.
“Don’t be silly you’ll catch a death of cold out like that! Take it!”
“Thank you.” I shyly took it from him then headed for the B and B.
I could do with a rest.
I wouldn’t say I was a rogue vampire, even though I was only turned a few days ago. If I was rogue I would have been terrorising everyone and I would be virtually out of control. But right now, I was far from that. I could think straight. I was planning ahead and I was very, very controlled.
“Oh my Goodness, are you alright, dear?” The woman behind the desk asked as I made my way into the B and B.
“Yeah. Just friends mucking around.” I stood at the desk, but was careful not to stare her in the eye. She might have recognised me.
“Do you have a room for the night?”
“I do. Do you want to stay?”
I nodded, “Please.”
“Okay. No bags? You must be freezing!”
“No bags. And yeah I am.” I hated lying.
“Okay, now what’s your name?” She licked the pencil and opened her register.
“Chelsea.” I used my sister’s name, “Stevenson.” And Jenna’s last name.
“Alright Chelsea. Do you want to pay now?”
“Yeah.” I handed her the twenty.
“Well that’s only fifteen pounds for one night.”
Wow that was good.
She gave me the change, “I’ll just show you to your room.”
I followed her up the narrow stairs and along the narrow corridor to the end. The building was small and quite old-fashioned. But it would do for the night.
“Room one eighteen.” She unlocked it and led me in.
The door opened to a bedroom with a door leading to, what I presumed, the bathroom in the corner. The whole room was pink.
Very pink.
“Now. My name’s Sarah if there’s anything you need don’t hesitate to ask. You nip into the shower and I’ll have your clothes washed, dried and ironed for you coming out.” She smiled kindly at me.
“Oh, right.” I ‘nipped’ into the bathroom, stripped, shoved on the white robe then handed her my clothes.
“Dinner at six.”
“Oh that’s okay I ate earlier.” Bullshit. I’d go hunting later on.
“Alright well enjoy your shower.” She was too friendly.
“Ah why not. Might as well treat myself.” Sarah was gone so I locked the door and went back into the bathroom and turned the shower on so the water was boiling.
I let the room steam up before hanging the robe on the door hook and hopping into the shower. To my surprise, the water was warm, but only just. It would have scalded a human. Although I didn’t need to I washed my face, body and hair. It was good practise pretending to be human.
When I finished I quickly dried myself and put the robe back on. Nothing else to wear. I checked outside the door but Sarah hadn’t been with my clothes yet. Damn. I figured the men, especially Will, would be freaking out about my leaving so I decided to tell them I was okay. Or rather, show them. I sat down at the table opposite the bed and stared into the mirror. I was the only one with a reflection…
I took the pen and a piece of paper and concentrated very hard on Nick seeing this. I had no idea if it would work but it was worth a try. As I put pen to paper I got the tiniest throbbing in my head just like when Nick showed us visions. Did that mean he was getting it? I wrote very slowly and in big writing:
‘Nick.
All is well. Be home soon. I love you all.’

The throbbing finished, so I was almost positive it had worked. Thank goodness I couldn’t hear their thoughts now I was so far away. Will would be going off his nut.
There was a light tap at the door, so I floated over and unlocked it. Sarah was too kind as she gave me my clothes back. I hung them up when she left and after I locked the door again, then flopped on the bed and flicked the T.V on with the remote, avoiding the news channels.
Midnight came so I decided it was safe to go hunting. I had spotted a small forest just beyond the buildings not too far from the B and B. That’s where I’d go. I know it had only been a few days since my first hunt but it was for everyone’s best interest if I went. Just to be safe.
Now what to wear? I couldn’t wear my clothes because if they got dirty and covered in blood, how would I explain that to Sarah? Or any other human? And I certainly couldn’t wear the white robe, that was even worse because it wasn’t mine. The only thing left was my underwear.
“You’ve got to be kidding.”
Good job I had decent undies on; purple with white polka dots from La Senza.
“Well, here I go.” I had a good check out the small window before I squeezed out, careful not to brake any parts off.
I stuck to the shadows as I raced for the woods. This was insane.
I finally reached the safety of the trees and it wasn’t long before the familiar scent of deer caught my attention. I followed it and used all my enhanced senses to make sure I was alone. The longer I followed the scent the more speed I picked up until I was, once again, flying through the air. A long last I caught up with the herd, who panicked and fled when they saw me. I was faster, so chased them to make the hunt more exciting. The bloodlust was swelling within me now.
I loved this so much.
There was a slight throbbing in my head-I hoped to God that Nick wasn’t seeing this.
‘You’ve got to be kidding.’
The herd were heading straight for someone’s campsite. They made a hell of a noise as they thundered through it.
‘Can’t stop now. I hope no kids are in there.’ I jumped over the gathering of tents and continued after the deer.
At the right moment, I pounced and landed on a deer, completely shattering its bones as it fell. It was an older male, so I didn’t feel as bad as I sank my teeth in and fed on the sweet blood.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thursday 4th
“She’s WHERE?” I screamed, completely furious. “Is she insane? Why the fuck would she leave?”
“She was at the Eiffel Tower. Now she’s in…England? It’s hard to tell.” Jake was concentrating hard.
“She could get killed! She could expose herself, us! What is she thinking?” I was really flipping out. “Why did you two let her go?”
“We weren’t gonna just keep her here!” Adele growled.
“Will, its okay.” Nick took a hold of me, “Remember what I saw? What we saw?”
“She’s in some hotel or whatever one-thousand, three hundred and seven miles away!”
“She can take care of herself.” Jenna muttered.
“Chill.” Jake said.
“Well I agree with Will.” Angel stood beside me, “She’s only been a vampire for four days. It was stupid and selfish for her to go alone. Did she say what for?”
“No.”
“Remember what else you saw?” I stared at Zombie.
The girls held back a giggle.
“She is out hunting in her underwear! She has lost it! I shouldn’t have left her alone.”
“Will! Its okay. I agree with you, too, but if anything happens or is going to happen, Jake and Nick will know.” Godric said.
“I just hope she knows what she’s doing and gets back as soon as she can.”
“So dae we.” Adele smiled at me.
“Who wants to play baseball? Take our mind off this?” Godric asked.
“Baseball? You kiddin’?” Adele wasn’t a sporty person.
“It’ll be fine. Its like rounder’s, only American, right?” Jenna said.
I had relaxed a little, “I guess you could say that.”
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
“Right.” I muttered as I pulled my fresh clothes on, “Today’s the day.”
I thanked Sarah for her kindness and left the B and B early in search for a car to steal. It occurred to me as I was wandering the streets that I had absolutely no idea how to steal a car.
Damn.
I saw a sign for the train station. My eyes widened. Better yet, I could just get the train! Quicker, less energy, scenic. Sorted. I didn’t have enough money for going all the way to Scotland, but that didn’t bother me. I hopped on the first train that came that was going to London. I arrived in London at twelve then waited five minutes for the next train to Glasgow. Once on, I sat in the most private seat available and next to a window so if the ticket man came, I could pretend to be sleeping.
Roughly four and a half hours later, the train came to a stop in the familiar city of Glasgow. The ticket man hadn’t bothered to ‘wake’ me. Which was nice of him. I stepped off the train and knew to be extra careful; the closer I got to home the more chance I had of being found. I decided to buy my ticket to Falkirk; if the ticket man wasn’t as nice as the London one, he might start a fuss and I really didn’t need that. He or someone on the train might recognise me.
My heart should have been racing as I got onto the train to Falkirk. I smiled as I sat on the soft purple seat; it was good to be back in my country. It was good to be almost home.
‘Oh Scotland I have missed you.’
Half an hour later the train arrived at Falkirk Grahamston Station. The ticket man had asked for my ticket-good job I had bought one. Falkirk Grahamston, oh the memories of this place. I had change for the bus and I was so tempted to go to my house.
Sadly I resisted temptation and set off to find the doctor. It wasn’t hard-I went to the clinic near the retail park and asked for…her?
The receptionist said that the doctor was on her brake, but she will be down in five, if I would like to take a seat. Five minutes eh?
I could wait.
“Chelsea Stevenson?”
I looked up to see her and I held back a growl that almost ripped through my throat.
“Yes.” I stood up and politely smiled, pretending not to noticed her outstretched hand.
“What can I do for you?”
I glared at her name badge. It was her alright. Stupid bitch, you are so dead.
“I was wondering if I could talk to you…in private.” I looked unsure and desperate, and it worked.
“Of course. This way.”
She lead me down the spotless corridor of the clinic, the smell of bleach and disinfectant, which was maximised by way too much, stung my nose. I got a strong whiff of urine as I passed one of the rooms.
Disgusting.
I followed her into a room-her name was on the door so I knew it was hers.
“Take a seat.” She motioned to the a green plastic chair in front of her desk.
I sat down when she did.
“Now, Chelsea. What can I do for you?”
This was it. This was it! The moment I had been waiting two years for.
“You had a patient here two years ago. With terrible back pain.”
“Oh, okay. Well I’m afraid I cant remember that long ago.”
“Yeah, that’s all she was to you, right? Another fucking patient!”
“I beg your pardon?”
“My step-mother came to you two years ago and you prescribed her medication that killed her you fucking bitch!”
“I’m sorry, who was it?” She was getting irritated now.
“Linda Scott!”
Her eyes widened-she remembered.
“Remember, yeah? Terrible back pain. You gave her strong painkillers. Eighteen leading up to twenty tablets, strong painkillers, a day if I remember correctly. Diazepam was one.” I stood up and I could tell my eyes were glowing blue.
She gasped at the sight of me and tried to head for the door, but I stopped her and pinned her against the wall, “You knew she was unsure of how to take the medication! You never helped her! No human’s liver could take that. Are you fucking stupid? Do you know what happened next?” I was aware I was showing my fangs but I didn’t care.
She shook her head, tears pouring down her face.
“Huh?” I yelled.
No.” She sobbed, trying to hide behind her short black hair.
“I’ll tell you what.” I threw her to the floor, “Her liver packed in. She was taken to Edinburgh hospital. She got a liver transplant.”
I pinned her to the floor as she tried to make for the door again, “Her body rejected it. She died! She fucking died and it was all your fault!”
“What are you?” She screamed as I went for her.
“I’m a fucking vampire.” I whispered in her ear.
The throbbing in my head returned. Nick was seeing this.
I was blinded by rage. I was aware that I lashed out at the doctor, but I was so full of hate and anger I wasn’t exactly sure what I was doing. I heard her screaming and wailing as I battered her to pieces but I just kept on going and going. Until she was silent and there was no heartbeat left. That’s when I stopped and stood back.
I felt no remorse as I saw her mutilated body lying in a pool of blood on the, once clean, floor. The walls were soaked in blood. I was soaked in blood. Her face was mangled. Her jaw was hanging off. There was a large dent in her chest. I had done that?
“Serves you right.” I locked the door then disappeared out the window of her room.
I was struggling greatly to resist temptation as I raced south-back to England. I would not give in. Seeing my family was out of the question, even though I missed them terribly. I didn’t bother with a train or a car or even getting washed. It was now only my t-shirt that was covered in blood anyway.
To my surprise, it was only nine at night when I reached the English Channel. I was a damn fast runner. Making sure no-one was watching, I made a dive into the icy water and kicked my legs hard so I was torpedoing forwards. Le Havre came into view not long after, where I trudged up the shore and made for my car, dripping wet again. At least it had sort of cleaned my top.
Uh oh.
A familiar man was leaning against my beautiful car with his arms folded, eyes glowing blue. Before I even had a chance to open my mouth, he grabbed me and pinned me to the car.
“What the FUCK were you playing at, Ella?”
Will was not happy.
“Chill. Everything’s fine, remember.”
He growled at me, warning me to take this incident seriously. I bared my teeth as a warning he should back off.
“You think this is all a big joke, don’t you?”
“What? No!
“In the car. Now.” He opened the door, then slammed it after I clambered in the back.
I folded my arms and acted like the typical moody teenager.
He drove in silence over one-hundred miles an hour and didn’t stop until we were a few miles into Hungary, where he parked near a forest and got out. I followed him.
“Ella.” He spoke very carefully and closed his eyes, “What you done…it was insane. Do you have any idea how serious that was? You can not be seen. By anyone in the United Kingdom! Especially your family. And that doctor-”
My head snapped up as he mentioned her and I let out a growl.
“I didn’t go see my family. I wanted to so badly. But I didn’t. As for that doctor…she had it coming.”
“Did you drink her blood?”
“What? No.”
“Ella, that’s human blood! Did you drink it?”
“But you drank my blood, and your eyes still glow blue.” I didn’t understand.
“That’s different. Your just a new vampire-if you drank human blood so early on its harder for you to turn back to animal’s. My eyes wouldn’t have changed-me drinking your blood was just a one off. Did you drink her blood?”
“NO! I swear. Because I know what would happen if I did. Here I’ll show you.”
I let my eyes glow so he knew I wasn’t lying. That seemed to relax him a little.
“You still killed someone. We saw it.”
“I don’t care. She deserved it. She was the reason my family split. She was the reason for Linda’s death. She was the reason all that bad shit happened to me last year. Try putting yourself in my position-in my family’s position.”
“Yeah? Well maybe if your step-mum had just put her seatbelt on in the first place, she wouldn’t have been thrown out the car windscreen and she wouldn’t have had to take meds for her back!” He snapped.
My jaw dropped. ‘How dare you.’
With a snarl I lunged for him and sank my teeth into the soft part of his shoulder. He stumbled back, then flung me off. Before I had time to recover, he had me pinned to the ground.
“Don’t, please. I don’t want to fight. I’m sorry. I just…I was so worried about you.” He rested his head against mine.
“Forgiven.” I kissed him, and he smiled.
“I couldn’t live without you.” He kissed me back, “I love you.”
“I love you more.” I teased.
“Impossible.”