Stupid

1/1

I think that it's time for us to leave this place.

"Is it true?" Spencer whispers, tears rolling down his cheeks.

Jon looks up, surprised.

"Is what true?"

Maybe if you come with me, I'll keep you safe..

"You and Ryan are leaving." He can barely say it.

Jon closes his eyes for a moment.

"Spencer, I.."

"It's true, isn't it?" he says, stomping his foot.

Jon looks down.

"Isn't it?!" Spencer demands, crying hard.

You can feed me to the wolves if I make one mistake.

Jon wraps his arms around Spencer, but Spee shrugs him off.

"When you joined us, you said you would never leave." Spencer yells.

"Baby, please don't cry.."

Cut me up in pieces if I misbehave..

"Jon, you've ruined us!" Spencer screams.

Jon wraps his arms around the crying man and doesn't let go. Even when Spencer punches Jon in the chest. They slide to the floor, Spencer sobbing on Jon's shirt.

"You always said if you left, we would be over.."

Can you find a way to ease this pain? Go and find something to take it away.

Jon sighs and strokes Spencer's hair.

"I don't want to leave you." Jon says.

"Then don't." Spencer whispers.

The silence is ringing in his ears and all he wants to do dry his baby boy's eyes and request that he never cry again. But, it's not that simple. Ryan says they'd be successful on their own. They'd be like the Beatles. And it's all very alluring, but Jon wants to be Panic at The Disco, not the Beatles. He wants his own sound, his own look, but Ryan wants to a hippie and he wants to drag Jon down with his black and white attitude and his 60's sounding guitar strumming. It's insane and unnatural and Jon's not sure what he should do now.

'Cause we don't have a lot of time to hesitate.

"I have to...." was all he could say.

Spencer's eyes burned into his soul as the younger boy looked up at Jon's face. His lip was quivering.

"I can't believe you.." he whispered.

Spencer cringed as he looked around at his settings.

"What am I doing?" he asked himself out loud. "You don't want me...Jon, goodbye."

Just like that, he shrugged his self out of Jon's arms and stood before him. He folded his hands and walked out the door.

"Spencer, wait! I love you.."

Spencer turned around in the doorway and looked at Jon. His eyes were wide and Jon was almost sure he'd prance back over and be right back in his arms, but this wasn't the case.

"I know, Jon..."

And he continued on his way down the hall.

Then this is when Jon knew he'd never love again.

In a week or so, he and Ryan would be gone. Touring for The New Veins.

And Jon felt stupid.

Oh I don't have the mind to fight
I've got you in my sight and I won't stop until
I find a way to make you stay