Status: Slowly Updating.

We Grew Up

Uneasy Thoughts and Unexpected News

I was too afraid to continue on with a conversation with him, so quickly after he began to speak I hung up like an fearful child. Hearing his voice made so many memories flow back to my brain. And believe me, they weren't all lovely as I wish they could have been.

There's been so many times that I made scenarios go on in my head with all the things I wish I could tell him, and what I would want to hear back. It's a terrible habit of mine, but I can't help but always do that when I think of him.

"Lexi, someones at the door for you," my dad shouted at me.

I got up from my couch slowly and sighed. I walked over to the door and opened it to find my best friend Savannah smiling at me. I let her in and we made our way through my home up to my bedroom.

"Guess what?" she said with a huge smile on her face that told me she was up to something as she sat onto my bed.

"What...."

"I got us two plane tickets to go to your favorite place," she squealed, a very high pitch sound coming out of her tiny little body.

"Disney World?!"

"No silly, we're going to Colorado in 2 1/2 weeks!"

My jaw dropped. Savannah knew everything about Travis how we were childhood friends and how I was in love with him.

How could she do this to me? I can't go see him in 2 1/2 weeks when I haven't seen him for over 2 years.

"You're kidding me. What about--"

"My mom already talked to your parents and they said it's fine since we'll be staying with your aunt," she interrupted.

I just looked at her after that. I was speechless.

Savannah was the only person besides my parents and family members in Colorado that knew about Travis. I told her everything about him and myself. She knew at times we didn't get along very well. I just can't see him, it's all too much for me right now. After that phone call, oh my God. Did he know I was coming? Was that why he called?

"Savannah, I'm sorry but I can't go," I finally said after a couple seconds of silence.

"What the hell are you talking about Lexi? What is keeping you from coming."

I gave her a look. "You know damn well what's keeping me."

"Oh my God. You've got to me joking right now Lexiana Mae. You can't let Travis keep you from going there. You know you two need to work things out, because if you don't I'm going to have to be the one who has to sit here in your room hear you complain and cry about how miserable you are without him. You need to grow the fuck up, go out there and fix this yourself. I can't stand listening to you and seeing you be like this. It's not okay. Now please, go with me. I'll be there with you, it's not like you're going alone." Her voice was in all seriousness, and I knew that she was serious about all that she just stated.

I knew she was right, I just didn't want to admit that too her but I had to.

"I guess you're right..."

"You know I am Lex. We have a week left of school, then another week and a half then we'll be off. But for now I have to go because I have work in 20 minutes. I'll call you later," she said.

"Okay, thank you for this. Really it means a lot." I smiled at her.

2 1/2 weeks until I see him. I better prepare.
♠ ♠ ♠
The whole plot line of this story is based off of something that has happened with me, and is still going on in my life. But of course, not all that I put into this story has happened to me. I couldn't make this story 100% along the lines of what happened to me, that'd be boring and too much. So therefore I'm going to kind of in a way make it what I wish happened and things that did, and other things that did that I just kind of made up along the way to make the story it's own.

Of course Lexi is based off of me, and Travis is based of my close friend that is a boy that I grew up with but barely see now since I moved. And Savannah is based of my close friend who is one of the two friends of mine who knows about the boy that I grew up with.

I hope you liked the first chapter. And I would appreciate more comments! It says I have 6 readers, only 2 comments, and 2 subscribers. Come on guys, comment!