Status: Slowly Updating.

We Grew Up

Airplanes and No-Shows

I rushed around my average sized bedroom gathering my flight ticket and purse for my flight that was in about an hour. I stuffed all my information, ticket, and ID into my purse and set it on the kitchen table. I was almost ready to get to the airport. I was ten times more nervous than I was last night. Today was the day that I got to finally see him for the first time in 2 whole years.

"You ready darling?" my mom asked.

"Yeah, just let me get on my shoes and we'll be out the door."

I put on my gladiator sandals, and grabbed my purse. I sighed as I shut the front door and walked out to the car, with thoughts about Travis consuming my head.

---

The car ride to the airport was short as I predicted, and I got through security fine and so did Savannah. Now I was currently on the airplane, and have been for about 45 to 50 minutes. Savannah was to my right, since I did not like window seats at all, they made my stomach feel nauseated. I put my headphones in and listened to The Maine and other various artists.

Thoughts began to fill my head again all about Travis. I was still shocked he sent me that text message. I wondered if he would be at the airport like my aunt promised he would be. I assumed he probably would be like all the other times, why wouldn't he be this time? A bunch of other thoughts and questions raged in my head, and I soon fell asleep.

---

"Lex, Lexi...come on wake up. We're here," I heard a faint yet familiar voice say.

I yawned and opened my eyes. I looked around confused for a second, like forgot where I was. Then my memory kicked in and I grabbed my purse from under the seat in front of my feet, and stood up stretching out my body.

"Have a nice nap?" Savannah joked.

"Oh yeah, it was great. The kid behind me kicked my seat every 10 seconds, and I forgot my pillow on my bed at home," I replied sarcastically.

In a matter of 5 minutes we were off the plane, and to the luggage pick up. My aunt called me and told me she'd be out front in her car waiting for us because she was running a little late.

As soon as Savannah and I found all of our luggage we found our way out of the airport and on to find my aunts car. We finally found her car, and I was eager to see his familiar face. I walked slowly with Savannah towards the car, and as we got closer and closer I thought I saw him in the back seat. But it wasn't him. It was my cousin instead. And he was no where to be found.

I assumed he'd be there. I was one hundred percent sure my aunt promised me he'd be there. But he let me down, yet again.

I climbed into my aunts old, beat up Buick and said hello to her. Then turned to my cousin exchanged tightly squeezed hugs.

"Sorry Lexiana, but Travis couldn't make it. I was running late, and when I got to his house he wasn't there. I'm sure he'll be at my house waiting for you." She gave me a smile and put the car in drive.

I knew it was too good to be true.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update numero two for the day (:

Again sorry for the delay on the other update, so here as a gift from me to all my readers, and bonus update!

I really want some more comments guys! To get another update, I want at least 5 more comments from 5 different people! And I would LOVE your actual opinion on the story so far, give me some advice on what you'd like to see coming up, or if you'd like to give some ideas in private just message me, I'll respond as soon as I can. Constructive criticism is always welcome. I love to hear from you guys, it makes my day so much better.

Hope you liked the new updates. They both weren't that long so maybe next chapter I'll post a longer chapter, but only if I get those 5 comments. And don't be shy to post more than 5. Again I love to hear from you.