Status: Slowly Updating.

We Grew Up

Awkwardness and Garage Sales

I didn't really know what to do after I said that to him, so I just took a seat next to his sister and we talked.

"Isn't Taylor Swift so pretty? I wish my hair was like hers," Taylor said as she flipped through my Teen Vogue magazine that I bought in the Cleveland airport on the way to Colorado.

"Well you already have the same name as her," I joked.

I was sitting at the table with Savannah and Taylor as my mom and Dianna were talking about cooking recipes in the kitchen. Travis was sitting on the other side of the small room, in a chair minding his own business and not saying a word to anyone unless they talked to him first.

The feeling of awkwardness filled the room as we just sat there. I couldn't help but steal a few glances at him. I looked back up at his face, and saw that he was already looking at me. He flashed a small smile, and I returned a weak one. I hope the rest of the trip won't be like this, all awkward and what not. We'll just have to find out.

"We're going to head back to the house to eat a quick lunch with Joe, then come back to go do something with y'all." Dianna smiled as she headed for the door.

"Well, I have work at 1 so I won't be coming back until dinner tonight, so I'll see you later," Taylor said as she got up.

"Alright, we'll see you at dinner then. Have fun at work," I said as I got up and hugged her.

Travis already made his way to the door without saying goodbye or telling me if he was tagging along later. We'll just have to wait and see.

"What do you want for lunch girls?" My aunt asked.

"I'm starving since I only have a glass of orange juice earlier. So we could make some sandwiches or something like that," I replied.

"I didn't have anything to eat either. So sandwiches sound really good right now," Savannah agreed.

"Sandwiches it is then," my mom said.

My aunt went and made the sandwiches as Savannah and I made it outside so we could go talk in the carport.

"He didn't say anything to you?" she asked.

"Not really. Only a hello. He didn't say anything back to me when I made the comment of him finally showing up after two years," I sighed.

"Was is awkward?" She already knew the answer to that.

"Extremely. But I didn't expect it to be one-hundred percent peachy though. I just...I don't know what I expected," I replied with a sort of sad tone to my voice.

"Do you know if he's coming along with us later?" She asked another question.

"Nope. I think we're going to some garage sales though, so I'll be really surprised if he comes along."

"Lexi, Savannah the foods ready," I heard my moms voice shout from the kitchen door.

We quickly walked back to the house, with our stomachs growling because of the lack of food.

---

"The food was amazing, Nancy," Savannah said as she patted her stomach.

"Thank you sweetie, are you two ready to hit up some garage sales?" My aunt asked.

"Oh yeah, we're thrilled," I joked.

"We're back!" Dianna said as she walked through the door with Travis behind her.

So he decided to come back.

Savannah looked at me in shock, and I mouthed back 'I know'.

"You girls can take my car with Travis, and I'll go with your mom and Nancy. Nancy's care is too small to fit everyone in it," Dianna said as she handed me the keys.

"Woah, my family car, I get to drive," Travis said.

"You wish, Travis. I'm letting Lexi drive. I don't trust you with my car," Dianna told him.

"You're own mother even loves me more," I joked to Travis.

He mocked me and we all left the house to go find some garage sales.

This out to be fun, driving around town with Savannah, Travis, and myself all in one car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Felt like writing again.
Not really any comments from me on this one other than it was really shitty.
So...yeah.
It's Friday, and I have off (: