Status: Slowly Updating.

We Grew Up

Baseball Wars and Lies

The sound of the radio filled the air while the annoying noises from Savannah's buttons on her phone clicked as her freshly painted nails danced across her keyboard at lightening speed. As I assumed she was probably just texting her boyfriend or her mom.

The feeling of awkward filled the air. No one had really talked since we all got into Travis' moms car. Savannah knew if she'd talk to me it'd make things really awkward. And her talking to Travis would just be a big no.

"So..." Savannah randomly looked up from her phone and talked.

I gave her a weird glance and replied, "So...what?"

"How about them...Yankees..."

"The Yankees suck Savannah. Who would like a crap team like that," Travis replied with a scoff.

"Excuse me, but The Yankees are the best team in the MLB. Don't hate bro, appreciate and embrace them," I replied like the was my job to defend The Yankees.

Travis laughed loudly at my reply, "You can't embrace or appreciate a team like that. Face it they are terrible."

My eyes went wide and I pulled the car over so I could turn around and look at him.

"Bro, you've got to be kidding me or something. Who has won the world series 27 times? What team do you think is better than the famous Yankees?" I questioned him with my eyebrow raised.

"Obviously The Red Soxs are beasts and way better than Yankees. But I got to give The Rockies some credit too. After all I do live in Colorado," He said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I think I just choked on my spit. How could he think that. And how could I let our first conversation be this.

I shook my head and just replied, "Just remember, Yankees won 28. That's all I'm gonna say bro. All I'm gonna say."

I turned back around and got back on the road heading back into the direction to the garage sale we should have been to 10 minutes ago.

---

"I was starting to get worried about you kids. What took you so long?" Aunt Nancy asked as we walked up to the garage sale.

"Oh Lexi just screwed up the directions and got us lost. You know how New Yorkers drive, like idiots." Travis said standing next to me.

My eyes went wide. Was he calling me an idiot?!

"Excuse me, but I do not drive like an idiot. And a matter of fact, I do not live in the city. Get your facts straight. I also did not get us lost you little shithead. I had to pull the car over so I could set Travis straight about how Yankees are the best baseball team of all time," I said in a stern voice.

"Well...lets get back to the garage sale," My aunt replied with a awkward tone in her voice, then walked towards my mom.

"Why in Gods name did you call me an idiot, and say that I got us lost?!"

"What else was I suppose to say?"

"How about the truth? Or do you not know what that is?" I asked and turned around to go find Savannah.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my God. I'm sorry this is shit.
I have no excuses really.
I guess I just lost inspiration to be honest.
I have huge writers block and I didn't know what to do.
So I just stopped updating I guess.
I haven't been busy, school hasn't been taking up my time, nothing like that
I just didn't know how to start this chapter.

I really don't know where I'm going with this guys. I really don't know.
I don't know how to start the whole garage sale part thing.
This chapter was complete shit and had no point I guess. Well accept the lying part.
I intended it to be longer. But I didn't know what to write, or where to go with it. So I cut it short.
I felt like I owed you guys a new chapter.

Again I'm terribly sorry for this sad excuse for a chapter.
I felt like