Status: Sequel has been posted.

Radio Love Song

Radio Love Song

"Why? Why do you put up with his cheating? Why do you put up with anything he does?" Sharon asked Jenna as she pushed her hair out of her face.

"Because I-"

"Don't you dare say it."

"Because I love him."

"Why? He doesn't love you!" she unintentionally yelled at her best friend.

"Yes he does!" she cried. "He just has weird ways of showing it."

"No he doesn't. Pushing your girlfriend down a flight of stairs in front of people is not telling her and everyone else that he loves you."

"He didn’t mean to do that. I have to go." Jenna stood up and grabbed her hoody off the couch. She pulled her car keys out of her pocket and headed for the front door. As she left, Travis walked in.

"I'm gonna guess something happened?"

"Jesse cheated on her... again."

"When doesn’t he? When is she going to learn?"

"I have no idea. He's what she knows though."

"Well, we need to change that."

"And we're supposed to do that how?"

"Double blind date."

"Come again?"

"Have her go on a double date with us but it'll also be a blind date since she won't know the guy."

"So you're encouraging me to encourage her to cheat on her boyfriend?"

"Don't consider it cheating. Consider it...exploring options. Yeah, exploring options." Travis liked the sound of it.

"Funny and just who is this guy you plan on making her Prince Charming?"

"Gabe."

"Gabe? Seriously?" Sharon wasn’t sure if she would ever want to put Jenna in the same room as Gabe. She knew the kind of crush she had on the man.

"Yeah, why not Gabe?"

"Would he actually be good with her?"

"I don't see why not."

"Well, if you think this is a good idea..."

"Yes I do actually. We need to get her out of that relationship."

"Okay. I'll go with you on this."

* * * * *

Jenna heard the front door slam shut. She flinched at the sound but continued to stare out the window at the people below on the streets; people who had total and complete freedom. Don't get it wrong, Jesse usually doesn't lock her in a room or anything when he leaves; he just always kept tabs on her by having “spies” everywhere. Jenna didn't know who they were but she knew they were there. He knows a lot of people. Therefore he knew things about her whereabouts that she didn't even know about. Jesse sat down next to Jenna. As soon as his hand touched her thigh, she started to cry.

"Get the fuck over it. It's not the first time and it probably won't be the last," he admitted. "You're such a damn crybaby."

“You made me this way."

"You let yourself become that. Not me."

"Leave me alone," Jenna said and got up to walk away. She felt him grab her wrist.

"Don't talk to me like that." He applied pressure.

"Okay. I'm sorry." He let go and she went to her room.

He followed her. "If you came in here to cry, stop."

"I'm not crying," she said while crying. He stood in the doorway of their bedroom for a moment. Here it comes. He sat on the bed next to her.

"Jen, I'm so sorry." She felt his hand grip her shoulder. It wasn't a painful grip but it was enough to make her aware that if she did or said anything wrong, he’d be easily in control. "You'll get over this. You always do."

"Yeah," Jenna whispered. "I always do." She looked down at the floor. All she wanted was her radio love song.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't realize how short that was until I revised it.

Title Credit: I Voted For Kodos - Radio Love Song