Status: Sequel has been posted.

Radio Love Song

Daniel

With the need to be by herself, Jenna sat on the curb outside the apartment building. She was simply exhausted. Crying could do that to you. She felt like her eyes were about to be swollen shut. She wiped her nose on the sleeve of her black Ramones hoody. She already realized that she was keeping the circle of abuse going. Gabe gave her many opportunities to leave, she chose not to. She kept telling him she needed to leave at just the right moment. She knew that Gabe knew there was no right moment to leave. She herself couldn't understand why she wasn't leaving. She had many places to go if she left. She had her parents, Daniel, and Sharon. She knew if she left, Jesse wouldn't follow. At least she didn't think he would. He had other girlfriends. Other girlfriends he liked more than her. Ones he maybe even loved. Why he kept her around, she didn't know. She stood up and brushed herself off when an all too familiar BMW stopped in front of her. She got into the passenger seat and put her seatbelt on.

"You know, I don't even know what to say to you," Jesse said.

She said nothing in response.

"So you're just going to say nothing?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe it's for the better that I don't say anything at all."

"Maybe you should say something. Maybe you should tell me what you did today."

"No." She shook her head.

"No? You will tell me."

"No I won't. I'm taking it to my grave and I don't care if you put me there."

"Remember that."

"I will and just for the record, you putting me in a grave would be a blessing to me and my whole family."

They both stayed silent for a couple minutes. Then Jesse asked, "What are you thinking about?"

"I'm thinking about how much I hate you. I'm thinking about how I'm stuck here in this hell with you when I could be with Gabe actually enjoying my life because I know he loves me."

"What a shame."

"Leave me alone."

"He obviously doesn't really know you because if he did, he would know you're not worth loving."

"You're an asshole."

"And you're a slut but you don't hear me complaining."

"Whatever."

* * * * *

"How do we know he really loves her?"

"What are you talking about?" Travis asked looking up from his notebook.

"Gabe. How do we know he loves her and not the thought of saving her?"

"You know I've known Gabe for a long time and trust me, he loves her. I've never seen him so persistent over a girl."

"Oh. That would really suck if he was misleading himself."

"He's not that dumb."

"I never said he was. It's just that with Jenna, he's getting himself into a lot and I would hate to see him get hurt really bad."

"He's a big boy. He can take care of himself."

"I know. I'm going to go call Jenna and make sure she's okay. It's been a couple days since we've heard from her." When Sharon called her, she kept getting Jenna's voicemail so she decided to try again later.

"Did you get a hold of her?"

"No but I'll just try again later after Jesse leaves. Have you heard from Gabriel lately?"

"No I haven't. He's probably been working with the others on getting the album ready to record."

"That's a logical explanation. Where is Patrick staying?"

"You know, I have no clue."

"Well, let him know, if he's staying in a hotel, he can always stay here instead. I'll allow him too."

"Ha ha. Okay. I'll be sure to let him know."

* * * * *

Jenna brought herself to believe what Jesse had told her. Why would anyone love her? She was nothing fantastic. She was your average girl with average looks. Jesse made her believe she was no one special. In the past few days, Jesse didn't touch her. All of the abuse was verbal this time. She tried to play it off like it didn't matter. But it did matter. She believed everything he said. She didn't care anymore.

Jesse watched her as she walked down the hallway. He heard the bathroom door shut. Inside the bathroom, Jenna took her blonde hair out of the ponytail it was in. She wiped the tears off her face as she opened the medicine cabinet and took out the bottle of aspirin.

* * * * *

Daniel checked over the last of his subordinate's paperwork and signed off on it. He had plans to take him out to celebrate a job well done but all that changed in a split second. He looked up when he heard a knock at the door. It was the captain.

"I thought I should be the one to tell you that a patrol unit and an ambulance have been dispatched to Jesse's apartment."

"Why?" Daniel looked up at Captain Stokes. He could see the fear in his detective's eyes. "Is it Jenna? Is she all right?"

"Officer Vana and the paramedics are going to check out an apparent suicide attempt."

"Do you know where they're taking her? I have to go to her." Daniel stood up and started to quickly straighten his desk.

"They're taking her to Roper. Just so you know, Detective Kent, you won't be on this case."

"I know. I wouldn't want to investigate it anyway. I have to go." Daniel rushed out of his office to go check on his baby sister.