Status: Sequel has been posted.

Radio Love Song

Meet The Cobras

Jenna's 9 am wakeup call was Gabe singing in the shower...loudly and out of tune. He was singing his own song out of tune. Jenna shook her head and laid back down. She grabbed Gabe's pillow and put it over her head to tune him out. Not even that worked. Doing the best she could, she tried to block him out. Maybe waking her up was his goal. Finally getting frustrated, she slipped on her pajamas and quietly walked into the bathroom. Gabe's off-key singing only got that much louder. After giving herself a moment to adjust to the temperature change, she remembered why she originally came in.

"Oh! I'm ready for it, come on bring it!"

She flushed the toilet.

"Hot damn!" Gabe shouted and jumped out of the shower.

"Now that's more like it," Jenna said and looked up at Gabe.

"You," he laughed and pointed at her. "I got you."

"Oh! I'm ready for it, come on bring it!" she sang and ran out of the bathroom. Gabe shook his head and got back into the shower. Jenna went into the kitchen and started a pot of coffee. By the time she was halfway through her cup, Gabe was finally out of the shower.

"You are a very funny girl," he said taking a drink from her cup.

"I know," she shrugged. "I try."

"Go take a shower. The gang should be here soon."

"The who and what?"

"Everyone's going out to breakfast."

"Who's everyone?"

"Everyone from Cobra Starship plus Travis and Sharon."

"Aww, I get to meet the Cobras?"

"Yep, now go."

"Yes sir," she saluted him and walked away.

Gabe took her spot and this left him to think about their relationship. Despite their short history, they were starting to get pretty serious. He wondered if the other Cobras would like her. If they didn't, he would have to listen to it day in and day out since they were all in this band together. He didn't want to be one to have to take sides. Either way, he would be on the losing end. It would either compromise Cobra Starship or he would lose the girl he's falling in love with. He knew Victoria might be a little reluctant to accept her. Everyone knew she always had a thing for Gabe. Gabe just hoped she would see how much Jenna meant to him and accept it for what it was.

Mom and Pop Saporta were another story. He knew from the start that Jenna's not what they are expecting. She's not Jewish for one. Gabe knew that when the time came for his parents to learn about his relationship with Jenna, the first thing his mom would ask would be, "Is she a nice Jewish girl?" Mom Saporta wanted the family to stay the way it was, Pop Saporta just wanted his sons to be happy.

Gabe was brought out of his thoughts when he heard a knock at the door. Almost everyone walked in. Victoria and Alex were still on their way.

"Are you guys ready?" Sharon asked.

"No, Jenna just got in the shower a minute ago," Gabe said. After a couple minutes, he slid off the stool and set the coffee cup in the sink. "I'll be right back." Gabe walked down the hallway and into the bathroom. He flushed the toilet.

"Gabe!"

"Oh ha ha bitches!"

"Gabe, you're a douche."

"I know. That's not even the bad part though. Everyone's starting to get here," he told her. He leaned over and kissed her before walking out. She finished rinsing the conditioner out of her hair and got out. Victoria and Alex showed up while she was blow drying her hair. She hadn't noticed Gabe walk into the bathroom so she jumped when he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Oh! You scared me!"

"Sorry. Are you almost ready?"

"Just about. I just gotta put my shoes on," she said as they walked into Gabe's bedroom where all her stuff was. She watched Gabe as she put her shoes on and tied them. Gabe seemed not very Gabe-like.

"Hey sweetheart?"

Gabe looked at her.

"Are you all right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You're not being the Gabriel Saporta I know."

"I was just thinking about something and I thought about it too much. That's all."

"If you say so," she said as she got up and wrapped her arms around his waist. "I love you."

"I love you, too." She put her hand on the back of his neck and pulled him down so she could kiss him.

"Does that make it a little better?"

"Most definitely, can we go now?"

"Yes," she said and he took her hand and they walked out into the hallway. Before they stepped into the living room, Jenna stopped. Gabe yanked back when neither of them let go. He looked back at her.

"What's wrong?"

"What if they don't like me?"

"They're gonna love you, trust me."

"Gabe, you don't know that."

"If they don't, we'll work on it then."

"I don't want you to force someone to like me."

"Don't worry about it," he said and yanked her into the living room. "Guys, and Victoria, this is Jenna."

They all just stared at her. Victoria tried not to prejudge the girl but she couldn't help it given the circumstance. He introduced everyone...except one person who decided to make a special unplanned appearance.

None other than the one and only, Guy Ripley.

"So Jenna, what's it like dating Gabe?" He held out an imaginary microphone to her. She gave him a funny look and ducked behind Gabe. "Hm...delicious."

"No! Not today!" Gabe shouted. "Ryland, you can't put the girl on the spot today, maybe later."

"Aww all right." Ryland gave up the act and everyone laughed. Gabe took her hand and ushered everyone out of his apartment. Just when Gabe and Jenna shut the door, Caroline stepped out of her apartment. She and Jenna looked at each other. Gabe locked the front door and turned around. He was about to say something but didn't when he noticed Caroline.

"Dude, come on!" Travis shouted up the stairs.

"Great Travis, just wake all my neighbors up," Gabe said.

"It's 10 in the am. They need to get up anyway."

"Hey, come on," Gabe whispered to Jenna and put his arm around her shoulders. They both looked at Caroline and followed everyone else downstairs. Everyone divided up and got into the cars. Travis and Sharon went with Gabe and Jenna. Sharon and Jenna sat in the back seat so they could talk.

"How are things going?" Sharon asked.

"Good. Well, except for my brother but that's pretty normal."

"What did Daniel do now?"

"He's being Daniel. Good old annoying Daniel," Jenna said as she looked out the window.

After a couple more minutes, they finally arrived at the restaurant. Everyone got situated. Jenna was across from Gabe with Sharon next to her and Travis next to Gabe. Gabe noticed no one was really talking to Jenna and he wondered why. It never took them this long to get used to any of his past girlfriends, he wondered what made her so different. He never told them her story. They didn't know that she was seeing someone else when they started dating. They didn't know she came out of an abusive relationship. All they knew was that her name is Jenna and they met through Travis and Sharon. Then he remembered that it wasn't just them not making an effort. Neither was she.

"I gotta go use the bathroom," Jenna said. She and Sharon got up from their seats and Travis and Gabe also stood up. Jenna and Sharon walked away and into the bathroom.

"You so don't have to use the bathroom," Sharon said.

"No. I just needed to get out of there for a minute. I just...they keep giving me funny looks as if I did something wrong, something out of the ordinary."

"You know what? Ignore them. You're not here for them, you're here for Gabe. Who cares what they want. You don't owe them anything. Don't worry about them."

"You're right. They can't hate me since they don't know me. It's not about them. It's about Gabe."

"There you go. You ready to go back out there?"

"Yeah, let's go." The girls went back to the table and took their seats and waited for their breakfast along with everyone else.