Status: Sequel has been posted.

Radio Love Song

Nothing Personal

"Are you all right?" Gabe asked as he reached over and took Jenna's hand.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she said quietly and went back to staring out the window. Gabe sighed. The car was silent except for the music that was softly playing from the speakers. Travis and Sharon were talking quietly from the backseat. Some of the others were already waiting at Gabe's apartment by the time they got there.

"You guys go ahead," Gabe said as he grabbed Jenna's hand. He leaned back against his car and pulled Jenna in front of him.

"What are you doing?" she asked him.

"Are you all right?"

"I'm fine. Are you all right?"

"I'm fine. I know this is out of your norm, I really do but please try."

"They're not trying so why should I?"

"Jen, try for me."

"I'm not promising anything."

"I wasn't expecting any promises."

"Okay," Jenna said as she rolled her eyes and dug into her pocket to pull out her ringing cell phone. Gabe watched as she pressed a button on her pink razor and put it to her ear. He took her hand and they headed upstairs to his apartment where everyone was now waiting.

The next few hours consisted of everyone hanging out and no one making any attempts to get to know one another. Despite this fact, Jenna still felt pangs of jealousy when it came to Victoria. She wasn't worried about something romantic happening between Gabe and his band mate. Jenna knew that would never happen. Victoria was a pretty girl but on the surface, she looked a little too similar like Caroline. Jenna was the complete opposite but Victoria was still a pretty girl. Victoria and Caroline were both brunettes while Jenna was a blonde. Victoria and Caroline were a decent weight while many people questioned whether or not if Jenna had an eating disorder. Stuff like that happens when your boyfriend tells you're fat almost every day. Jenna had no doubt though that one day she would find her own and Gabe would never want to look at another girl. Gabe noticed how intensely she was staring at her.

"Sweetie, are you okay?" Gabe whispered.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just gonna go in the room," she said and got up.

"All right," Gabe said as she walked away. He wouldn't let go of her hand. After she turned and looked at him, he let go long enough to get up and follow her.

"Gabe, I can't do it." She sat on the bed.

"Obviously..." he said and rolled his eyes. She looked up at him when he said this.

"No! Don't think you're going to get away with saying stuff like that!"

"All you had to do was act like a normal, sociable person for one day."

"Then maybe I should leave since I'm not acting how you expected." She got up and walked out of the room. She got half way down the hallway when Gabe stopped her.

"No! You're not going anywhere."

"I can't do this. You can't just throw me into this type of a situation!"

"Yeah well what about me meeting your parents?"

"I didn't tell you to come to the hospital and I didn't tell you to speak to my parents. That's all on you."

"If that's the way you feel then maybe you should leave."

"Maybe."

"No you shouldn't leave actually. I don't want to fight with you," he said as he pressed his body against hers. She already had her back to the wall.

"Hey Gabe..."

"Yeah?" Gabe looked over at Alex. Alex nervously approached them.

"We uh...we're gonna go. It's pretty obvious that you two need to be alone right now." Gabe and Jenna realized then that their fight wasn't between just them. Gabe nodded his head and looked at Jenna. She looked away. Gabe walked away.

Gabe stepped out into the hallway with everyone. He shut the door behind him.

"So, what do you guys think? I mean, I know everyone was pretty quiet and all..."

No one said anything.

"You guys, come on. Vicky?"

Victoria looked up from the ground. "I don't like her." She walked away.

"Thanks!" Gabe called after her.

"Yeah, I'm not so sure about her either," Nate said.

"She's kind of odd," Ryland added.

"I don't want to talk bad about her since I don't know her but she seems kind of depressed." Alex gave an honest answer and Gabe was grateful for that. "She seems like she would be a fun girl though once you get to know her and all."

"She is. She's a great girl. I'll talk to you guys later." They said their goodbyes and Gabe went back inside. Jenna was standing there with her hands in the pockets of her blue jeans.

"I’m not even sure I wanna know what they thought or if I passed the friend test."

"Uh..."

"I'll take that as a no."

"Babe, it's nothing personal."

"Nothing personal? It is something personal, Gabe. When you're not with me, you're with them."

"Why do you care what they think?"

"Because they're your best friends! They're supposed to tell you if they don't like your girlfriend! I knew this was a bad idea."

"I don't care what they think and neither should you."

"If it's nothing personal and you don't care, then why'd you ask?"

"I-"

"You know, I never asked my parents or Daniel what they thought about you because I really don't care. I love you and to me, that's all that matters. I just wish I could say the same for you," she said and walked away. They heard the bedroom door shut. Gabe looked over at Sharon and Travis.

"We'll leave you two alone," Sharon said.

"We will?" Travis's question earned him an elbow in the chest. "Fine, yeah, we will."

Gabe waited until they were out the door before he took a deep breath and started the walk down the hall. The hallway seemed to stretch as he walked since he couldn't remember it being this long. He finally reached his bedroom door. He put his hand on the door knob and debated if he should go in. Girls like their alone time but he couldn't have her mad at him. At least not because of four other people who didn't even know her last name. He turned the door knob to the right and quietly walked in. Jenna was sitting on the bed. She had her knees pulled up to her chest and her head was resting in her arms as she cried. Gabe really hated to hear her cry. He hated even more that he was the reason why. He carefully sat on her side of the bed.

"I honestly don't know what I could say to make this all go away. I'm sorry. I really am. It was wrong of me to have my friends pass judgment on you when they don't know you and made no attempt to get to know you. I'm really sorry and I feel like the world's biggest jackass."

"You are the world's biggest jackass."

"You're right. I, Gabriel Eduardo Saporta, am the world's biggest jackass."

"And you're fucking retarded."

"Hey! Come on now!"

"Admit it."

"Can't we just kiss and make up already. I said I'm sorry a handful of times already."

"No."

Gabe took it the wrong way. "What the hell is wrong with you today? Are you like, majorly PMSing?"

"You wanna blame my hormones then go ahead, whatever. I'm out of here." And with that, she left.