Status: Sequel has been posted.

Radio Love Song

Lack Of Commitment

"You're siding with him! You insane boy!" Jenna exclaimed when her brother took Gabe's side.

"You're PMS crazy even when you're not PMSing."

"Thanks Daniel!" She punched him in the arm.

"Example one," he said and pointed at her.

"Whatever, shut up," she said and smacked his hand away.

"How long is this fight going to last?"

"Probably for a few more hours, why?"

"I don't know, just wondering." Daniel shrugged his shoulders.

"You just want to know how long it'll be before I get back out of the house, isn't it?"

"No," he responded in an unconvincing tone.

"Liar!"

* * * * *

"I am so over this," Gabe said passing Travis a notebook so he could look over some lyrics.

"So over what?"

"Me and Jenna."

"You're already ready to break up with the girl?"

"No! Not that. Just...the fighting over stupid things like friends and opinions that don't matter. I'm just so over it. I'm just ready for it to be done and over."

"Oh, gotchya."

"I'm just ready to settle down and get into a routine and all that stuff."

"Ready to settle down? Seriously? You're kidding, right?"

"Not in the least bit. I feel like a different man now because of her."

"Aww, Gabe Saporta is in love."

"Yeah, so?"

"Nothing, as Sharon would say, it's cute."

"Man, whatever."

"I can't believe you're ready to settle down."

"At least I'm ready."

"You've known her for like, 15 minutes."

"Whatever. We're not talking about it anymore."

"Not yet. Real quick, has she met mom, dad, and Ricky yet?"

"Nope. I think I might have Ricky meet her first so then maybe he can pass along a few good words about her before my parents meet her and realize she's not what they want for me."

"They're still on that shit?"

"Well, not my dad but my mom still is. I don't think she'll ever let that go."

"Maybe she will when she sees you two together and how good you guys are together."

"Maybe but we'll see."

"So when's Patrick coming?" Nate asked after he walked into Gabe's apartment and put an end to the conversation between Gabe and Travis. The rest of Cobra Starship sat around the two men.

"This weekend," Gabe informed him. "We'll have to do "Scandalous" probably Wednesday. That's when V.I.P will be dropping by."

"They finally called you?" Ryland asked.

"Yeah, they actually called Patrick but he relayed them to me, so yeah." Then Gabe's sidekick chimed indicating he had a text message. He checked it. It was from Jenna.

I'll be stopping by later because we seriously need to talk.

Gabe sent her one back. OK. I'll be here. Just so you know, the band is here and they'll probably be here when you get here.

He waited a few minutes for her respond. That's fine. It'll be a short talk. I'm going out with Sharon tonight anyway so it's not like I'll get in their way.

Don't talk like that. I'll talk to them later.

I'll see you later.

Love you dear. Gabe shut his sidekick and set it on the table. He looked up at everyone who was staring at him.

"It was the girlfriend," he said and shrugged his shoulders.

Nate rolled his eyes.

"You know, it wouldn't kill you guys to not act rude to her. I get that you don't like her for some reason or another. The thing is, you're going to have to get use to her being around because I plan on keeping her around for a really long time and by really long time, I don't mean a couple weeks. I mean a couple years, like ten or twenty or the rest of my life years."

Everyone stayed silent after Gabe's outburst while Travis held back his laughter. Gabe decided to no longer address it and they got to work on some last minute lyrics for the album. After a couple hours, they heard the front door open and Sharon and Jenna walked in. They were both dressed up for a night out. Gabe followed Jenna to his bedroom.

"Look, I don't want to fight with you," Jenna started as she sat on the bed.

"Me neither," Gabe agreed.

"I'm sorry I acted the way I did. I was probably out of line and I apologize for my actions and what I said."

"I'm sorry too. I understand why you were upset and everything and I didn't mean to blame your hormones although your hormones aren't really my business. I um, I sort of talked to my friends about you."

"What'd you say?"

"Uh..."

"Gabe..."

"I just told them that they better get use to you being around because you're not going anywhere anytime soon. I doubt it'll change things but it was worth a shot."

"All right, I love you."

"I love you, too," Gabe said and leaned over and kissed her.

"Sharon and I better get going." Jenna stood up. Gabe followed her out to the living room where Sharon was waiting with Cobra Starship and Travis.

"Are you ready?" Sharon asked.

"Yeah, everything's good now."

"You ladies enjoy your date," Travis said.

"Oh we will," Sharon said and winked at him.

"Usually I'd say okay but not tonight."

"No?" Sharon asked.

"No. Sorry."

"Fine," Sharon pouted.

"Will you be by tonight?" Gabe asked.

"Definitely," Jenna said and she and Sharon left.

* * * * *

"Are things going all right with Travis?" Jenna asked once they were in Sharon's car.

"Um...they're okay..."

"Sharon..."

"We had a fight today, a big fight."

"About what?"

"Marriage."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

Earlier That Day

"You know, I think Gabe's really falling hard for Jenna," Travis said.

"Yeah, so? That's his business."

"I mean falling hard. Like, a proposal could be coming up soon."

"Well at least someone would be getting married."

"What are you trying to say?"

"It's been four years now."

"And?"

"Travis, no one takes that long anymore."

"I just want to make sure."

"How much longer do we have to go before you're sure?"

"I don't know. Why?"

"I'm not going to wait forever."

"I'm not asking you to wait forever."

"I just want to know I'm not in this for nothing."

"You're not."

"That was very convincing. Thank you Travis."

"What's your deal?" he asked.

"I have plans. So far, none of them have been accomplished partially in thanks to you."

"Don't blame me."

"I can't marry myself! I can't have kids by myself!"

"That's not my problem."

"It will be when I walk out that door and don't look back."

"Wow, seriously? I'll take care of him for you," Jenna told her.

"You do just that."

* * * * *

"Dude, Sharon started fighting with me today about getting married."

"Why haven't you asked her already?" Gabe asked.

"Because I don't see what the big deal is."

"Well to girls, it is a big deal."

"What about you? What if Jenna started asking about marriage?"

"I would marry her before she could start asking."

"How long would you date her before asking?"

"A couple months."

"No, seriously."

"I am being serious. I'm not going to make her wait forever. I already know she's the one. There's no question about it."

"Well you're crazy."

"No, I'm not the one who's making my girlfriend wait a lifetime before marrying her. You are."

"Whatever man," Travis said.

"Don't push your commitment issues on me. Deal with them and ask her already before she leaves."

"Whatever. I'm out of here." Travis ended the conversation by leaving.

"Whatever then," Gabe said to himself and turned back to what he was working on and avoided the shocked looks of his band mates and the glare of jealousy from Victoria.