Status: Sequel has been posted.

Radio Love Song

Secrets

"What in the world happened last night?" Daniel asked as he stumbled into the dining room. He wiped the sleep from his eyes.

"Boy drama."

"Gabe?"

"Travis."

"Oh. Are you doing anything this weekend?"

"I don't know. Gabe told me to keep it free. Why?"

Daniel just shrugged his shoulders as he poured himself a cup of coffee. Just as he sat across from Jenna, Sharon walked in. She took a seat next to him.

"So what's the plan?" Jenna questioned her.

"I don't know. I just don't know what to do."

"Well, it's not like you found out that he has a secret love child or something."

"Oh I am just laughing so much," Sharon sarcastically responded. She rolled her eyes afterwards.

"Or not." Jenna shook her head. She watched her best friend trace circles on the table with her finger.

"Anyway," she looked up. "What were you doing last night?"

"Stuff."

"Like what?"

"I don't want to know," Daniel said and shook his head.

"Gabe and I had make-up sex, really awesome make-up sex." She watched Daniel squirm.

"Oh!" Daniel shouted and covered his ears. "I said I didn't want to know!"

"Where's your girlfriend, Daniel?" Jenna asked.

"What girlfriend?"

"Exactly," she said with a matter-of-fact tone of voice. "Anyway," she turned back to Sharon.

"What do you think I should do?" Sharon asked as she pushed her dark hair back.

"I honestly don't know what to tell you. I mean, I have no clue what you're going through."

"What would you do?"

"I don't know. I don't expect to ever be in this situation."

"So, if you and Gabe were together for a really long time and you guys never got married, you'd be fine?"

"I don't think I ever want to get married. I trusted one guy with my life and he almost ended it. I don't know if I can ever trust a guy again with it that isn't related to me," she said finally admitting it to herself also.

"Oh...well..."

"Daniel, what should Sharon do? You're a man, what's your take?" The girls turned to him.

"Honestly, if I had a girlfriend, after four years, we'd be married by now and maybe have a kid or two." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Ugh! So I'm like, that one in a million person? What's wrong with me?"

"Nothing is wrong with you, Sharon."

"There must be something wrong with me. I mean, Daniel just said he wouldn't wait a million years to marry a girl, Gabe's already talking about marrying you and then there's me!"

"I'm going to act like I never heard the comment about Gabe. Anywho, maybe it's time Travis got a wakeup call."

"What do you mean?"

* * * * *

"Come on dude, get up," Gabe said and hit Travis with a pillow. Travis just groaned. "Get the fuck off my couch!"

"Why?" Travis rolled over onto his stomach.

"Because it's one in the afternoon and my girlfriend's coming over."

"You can see her any day."

"True but I would like to see her today...alone. Maybe you should go home and work things out with your own girlfriend."

"Okay, all right. I'm up." Travis gave up and rolled off the couch. He went down the hall and to the bathroom to take a shower. Gabe took the sheets and blankets and put them on the washer to be washed later. While Travis was still in the shower, Jenna walked in.

"Hey sweetheart," Gabe said as he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Hi."

"So, I have plans for us for tonight and this weekend."

"What?"

"Well tonight, we're having dinner at Maze and then this weekend, we're going away."

"To where?"

"The mountains in Tennessee."

"Seriously?" He could hear the excitement in her voice.

"Yep, someone I know has a vacation house there and he's going to let us use it for the weekend."

"Oh, this is gonna be great. I can't wait already."

"Me neither."

"I just hate to leave Sharon though, especially right now."

"Why?" Just as he asked, Travis walked in.

"Well, I guess I'll be off now. Gotta face the music."

"You'll be fine," Gabe told him as he walked him to the door.

"I'll call you later," Travis said and left.

"What were you saying?" Gabe turned back to his girlfriend.

"She's gonna leave him."

* * * * *

Sharon quickly packed some of her clothes into her bag. She would stop every once in a while to think if she was doing the right thing. Then she would remember it wasn't her fault and she would continue. After a few minutes of hearing herself shuffle back and forth, she heard the front door open and close.

"Sharon?"

She kept quiet and kept packing.

"Sharon, what are you doing?" Travis asked as he stood in the doorway of their room.

"Why does it matter?" she questioned back and watched he lean against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Going somewhere?"

"Why do you care now? You didn't care before, why start caring now?"

"Sharon-"

"I'm leaving for a while. How long I'll be gone depends on you. I'm guessing you need some time to think about where you want this relationship to go. I can't wait much longer Travis. I'm starting to feel like the last four years are just wasted time." Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Travis just shrugged his shoulders and walked away. The fact that he couldn't be bothered to care infuriated her even more. She decided that if he didn't care, then neither did she.

* * * * *

"Hey guys. Where's Gabe?" Pete asked as he sat next to Alex.

"Out with the girlfriend, as usual," Nate said. He was clearly irritated.

"Gabe has a girlfriend? No wonder he didn't answer my call," Pete responded.

"He doesn't answer anyone's calls now since she's around."

"What? Can you start from the beginning?"

Nate started a rundown of the story he’s come to know. "So Gabe started dating this girl god knows how long ago. After a while, they broke up or something like that. I don't know but she disappeared and wouldn't answer any of his phone calls or texts. So he started dating this other girl-or at least I think they were dating-and his current girlfriend came back into the picture. Ever since then, he's been ditching us for her. We used to go out like, every weekend and now he says that he's going to stay in instead or that he already made plans with his girlfriend. The only time we see him anymore is when we have to work on the album and usually when she shows up, Gabe decides we're done for the night. At this rate, we're never going to get the album ready to record."

Pete couldn't hide his concern. "Where is Gabe now? Like, at his apartment..."

"He has reservations for tonight at Maze which he's at now," Alex said looking at his watch.

"All right," Pete said and pulled his phone out of his pocket. He went through his contacts list and found Gabe's number. He pressed the call button and put the phone to his ear. Just like earlier, it went to his voice mail. Pete left a short but firm message.

"I'll talk to Gabe whenever he calls me back and I'll see what's going on."

"Don't tell him it was us though," Nate said.

"Dude, everyone knows you're the one who hates the girl," Alex reminded him. “Well you and Vicky.”

"Whatever."

"Look, I'll talk to him. Maybe meet the girl myself. That doesn't sound like something he would intentionally do."

"He really likes this girl," Alex shrugged. "I don't see what the big deal is."

"Of course you wouldn't," Nate snapped.

"Dude, Nate, there's no reason to be jealous. Gabe's happy so get over yourself."

* * * * *

"Where are we going?" Jenna asked as she took Gabe's arm.

"Over to Angels and Kings. Pete's there and he keeps calling me for some reason. It's just right down the street. Is that all right with you?"

"No, it's fine." As they were walking the streets of New York, she felt Gabe stiffen. "What's wrong?"

"For some reason I keep getting the feeling to turn around and take you home but I don't know why. But I really want to see what Pete wants."

"We'll go right home after this?" she said it as more of a question.

"Yeah, definitely,” Gabe said and nodded his head.

They soon arrived at Angels and Kings and went upstairs to the V.I.P area.

"Hey! I wasn't expecting you to show up," Pete exclaimed as he got up. He and Gabe did some weird one armed man hug kind of thing and Gabe introduced Pete to his girlfriend. Pete glanced back at Nate. Gabe's mouth fell open.

"Oh come on now! What's going on?" Gabe demanded to know.

"Well, some of them feel that Cobra Starship is lacking a front man right now," Pete said trying to calm Gabe down.

"By them you mean Nate, right?"

"It doesn't matter who I mean by them on an individual level."

"No. I'm not going through this again. Are you gonna be here tomorrow?"

"Yeah, Ashlee's flying in."

"All right, we'll get together tomorrow then." He looked at his girlfriend. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah," she said.

"Gabe, hold on. Where's Travis?" Pete asked.

"He and his girlfriend are in the middle of breaking up so leave them alone." Then they left.

"Wow," Pete said as he turned back to Alex and Nate. "Wow."

"Yeah," Nate agreed.

"He seems kind of...different."

"Oh my God! You guys are ridiculous. It's so not her fault." Alex shook his head. "I have to go. I don’t want any part in this."

* * * * *

"You know, I do care," Travis said as Sharon was getting ready to walk out the door. "I really do care."

"Then why don't you act like it?"

Travis ignored her question. "I know you want to get married and have kids and all that jazz but the whole idea just freaks me out."

"Really? Why?"

"Because to me, divorces mean weakness and that it's not meant to be."

"Who said anything about a divorce? Trust me, I would never divorce you unless I really really had to. Travis, I love you. I have never loved anyone as much as I love you."

"I know and I love you too. I really do and I know that you trust me and everything but I've betrayed that trust."

"What?" Sharon asked as she sat on the coffee table in front of him.

"I wanna tell you a story."

"All right," she said and stared at him to go on.

"Okay, so about five years ago..."