Status: Sequel has been posted.

Radio Love Song

So The Drama

The only sound that filled the car was the swooshing noise from the windshield wipers. Jenna stared at Gabe as he drove. Every now and then he would look at her from the corner of his eye. She even saw him smirk once. When they stopped at a red light, Gabe started drumming on the steering. After a minute, she reached over and stopped him.

"Is that really necessary?"

"Could be," he said and shrugged. He rolled his window down a couple inches and pulled his cigarettes out of the console in between him and Jenna. A cool breeze filled the car along with the scent of the rain. She could smell Gabe's cologne mixed in. She heard the flick of his lighter and he tossed it by his cigarettes. She continued to stare at him as he started driving again. He reached over and turned the heat on so Jenna wouldn't get cold in the mean time. Just to their luck, they caught the next red light also. For the first time since they got into the car, Gabe looked at her. For once, Jenna was at a loss for words. She shut her mouth and looked away. Gabe let out a chuckle and it made her frustrated. He reached over and put his hand on her leg as he continued to drive again. Her heart started beating faster than usual. Gabe did this often to her but this time it was different. Just in the nick of time, they finally made it home to Gabe's apartment. Gabe rushed over to the passenger side of his car and opened the door for Jenna. She got out and he shut the door. He took her hand and was about to walk away. Jenna didn't move though. He looked back at her. She was looking up at the sky.

"Baby, what are you doing?"

She looked at him and pulled him to her. She put her hands on either side of his face.

"I love you," she said.

"I love you, too," he responded and wiped the rain out of his eyes. She pulled him closer and kissed him.

"Now since you've lived out one of your fantasies, can we go inside before we get sick?"

"You're such a party pooper," she said as she put her arm around his waist. The only sound they heard was Jenna's high heels consistently clicking against the ground at equal intervals.

"You know, you're really something else," Gabe said as he held the security door open for her.

"Yeah, I already knew that," she responded and nodded her head. Gabe laughed. When they got to Gabe's door, Caroline and a guy were standing outside her door. They all stopped and looked at each other. It almost seemed like Gabe couldn't get the door open fast enough.

"Hey, come on," he whispered and pulled Jenna into the apartment.

"Did you know them?" they both heard the guy ask.

"I used to," then it went silent.

"Anyway, let's get these clothes off already," Gabe said heading down the hall to the bedroom.

* * * * *

"I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't know Pete was going to be here and that Nate would get to him before us," Gabe apologized as his girlfriend sat next to him and wrapped a blanket around them. After his sidekick rang for what seemed to be the millionth time, Gabe shut it off.

"I wish they would leave me alone," he said.

"Why does Nate hate me so much?" Jenna asked.

"He doesn't hate you."

"Uh yeah, he does."

Gabe chuckled. "Well...Nate needs to get over himself."

"Well since you put it that way..."

Unexpectedly, Sharon walked in. To say she looked mad would have been an understatement.

"Why would you not tell me?" she asked.

"Not tell you what?"

"About Justyn."

"If I knew who Justyn was I would tell you but I have the slightest clue what you're talking about."

"Oh don't play dumb with me! You said it the other morning and I remember it so you can't take it back."

"Sharon, what the hell are you talking about?" Jenna got up and pulled her best friend into the kitchen.

"Travis has a kid."

"Are you serious?"

"Would I lie about something that big?"

"I seriously didn't know."

"I'm finding that a little hard to believe. It was just like you said. So yes, he does have a secret child and you knew all about it. Thanks a lot Jenna. You're a great friend," Sharon said and walked away. She said a quick goodbye to Gabe and walked out.
"What was that about?" Gabe asked.

"Travis has a kid and she didn't know."

"Oh," was all he said.

"You knew!" Jenna's mouth fell open.

"Well yeah," he said and then quickly added, "but I just found out also. He told me after she walked out on him and you went to Daniel's house with her."

"What? How come-why didn't..." she didn't know what to say.

"Look, what happened was this. Travis dated this girl before Sharon. They were pretty serious but then she suddenly broke up with him. She said it was because of Gym Class Heroes but they weren't really that big then. So then he started to get suspicious because she began to avoid him at all costs. He found out from her sister that she was pregnant with Justyn-"

"Sharon and Travis met five years ago though."

"Yeah but he didn't bother to tell her because he didn't think their relationship would progress but then it did and Justyn was born and Sharon had no clue. He was afraid that once she found out she would leave and he didn't want that because he really loves her."

"You boys are stupid," Jenna said and shook her head. "His kid's like, four or five now, right?"

"Five."

"Well good luck to Travis on trying to get Sharon back after this."

"Just because he has a kid he didn't tell her about, that doesn't change the fact that he loves her."

"No it doesn't but if they get married, how is she supposed to know she can trust him? It's not just oh big deal, he has a kid. A kid is a huge deal."

"True but-"

"No buts. We're not talking about it anymore. If you have a kid though, you better tell me soon."

"No kids here...I think."

"Very funny Gabe," she said and shook her head. She got up and started to walk away.

"Hey Jenna?"

"What?" she asked sharply.

"Come here for a minute."

She sighed and walked back over to him. He pulled her onto his lap.

"I'm sorry and all but it's just that he's my best friend."

"Yeah, I know but Sharon’s my best friend. I'm gonna go to bed. I have to fill in for someone at my brother's work tomorrow."

* * * * *

"Gabe?" Pete asked as he walked into the apartment.

"Hey, what's up?" Gabe asked walking out of his room. I should really start locking my front door. Pete walked all the way in and was closely followed by Ashlee and the rest of Cobra Starship.

"Where's the girlfriend?" Pete looked around not seeing her.

"Out," Gabe said not really feeling like it was anyone's business to know her exact location.

"Okay..." Pete said. "Anyway, so yeah, you know why we're all here."

"Yeah, except Ashlee."

"Gabe, no," Pete shook his head.

"Whatever. Let's get this over with. My girlfriend's going to be home soon."

"Maybe you should call her and tell her to stay wherever she is a little longer. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want her to hear this discussion."

"Nate, why are you doing this?" Gabe ignored what Pete suggested.

"Something had to be done. Everything is always about her. It's like your life centers around her and nothing else."

"She is my life. I almost lost her once and I'm not about to lose her again because of you. She asked me last night why you hate her so much and I didn't know what to tell her. Why do you hate her so much? You don't know her."

Then on cue, Jenna was home.

"Because she is always there. It's never us anymore. It's always her. I miss my best friend."

"What is he talking about?" Jenna asked after she sat on Gabe's lap.

"Nothing," he disregarded her question. "I'm always here."

"No you're not and now we have an album to work on and nothing's getting done because you're always with her."

Jenna made a sound of frustration. "Nice." She got up to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Gabe asked.

"I already know your friends hate me for some reason or another. Why do I have to listen to it?" She went into the kitchen. Alex was behind her.

"I don't hate you," he said standing next to her.

"Thanks."

"I honestly don't see why Nate is being like this. He did the same exact thing when he met his girlfriend."

"He's a hypocritical bastard," she offered.

"Quite possibly."

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Gabe asked walking in. Alex took that as a cue to leave.

"What's up?" she asked as she leaned on the counter.

"Break up with me."

"What? No!"

"No, fake it. It'll get Nate off our backs for at least a little while. Then we'll have some time for him to realize everything is still the same."

"All right, I guess," she reluctantly agreed.

"All right," Gabe whispered and the raised his voice. "What? Why?"

"Because I won't take this anymore; it's very obvious he doesn't want us to be together and he's going to do whatever he can to see it through that we aren't. I figured I'd just help him out and break up with you for him."

"Jenna, come on. Don't do this."

"Oh I didn't do this. He did," she said and stormed out of the apartment. Gabe just stared at the door. That felt too real for both of them. He looked back at everyone. Nate was the only one who didn't look shocked.

"Well now since that's taken care of," he muttered and sat on the couch.

"Gabe-" Pete started to say.

"Just leave it alone," Gabe snapped.

* * * * *

Attempting not to slip on the slick ground, Jenna ran towards the building. She needed to talk to Gabe and she needed to talk to him now. Sharon wasn't far behind her. Daniel made her drive so he could be sure she got to Gabe in one piece.

"Jenna, are you sure you wanna do this? I mean, right now while you're in this state of mind."

"I have to. It can't wait," she said stopping only for a brief moment.

"You don't want things to end up like me and Travis."

"They won't."

When they got to the apartment, they knew everyone was still there. They could hear a roar of laughter before the door flew open. Everyone looked up at them as Jenna made a beeline for Gabe and Sharon shut the door. It fell silent. She sat Gabe down and started crying.

"Gabe, I don't want to be broken up. My dad's in the hospital and they had to do emergency surgery on him and he died on the table but they brought him back and my mom wouldn't stop crying. She just wouldn't stop because she didn't want to lose him because they promised each other marriage and babies and forever and I want that. I want babies and marriage and forever. I want that with you and only you. I don't care what everyone else thinks. Nate's just a person to me now. He doesn't matter. I just want forever with you. Gabe-"

"Jenna, think about this," Sharon warned her.

"I've thought enough," she said and looked at her. "I really want this."

"Are you positively sure?"

"Uh huh," she said as she wiped her nose.

"Well, I guess I won't stop you then."

Jenna turned back to Gabe. "Will you marry me?"