Status: Sequel has been posted.

Radio Love Song

Blind Date

"I need a favor," Travis told Gabe.

"Anything, well, anything within reason..."

"I need you to go on a date with a girl with me and Sharon."

"Is she hot?"

Travis looked at Sharon. He wasn't even about to answer that question.

Sharon answered the question. "From my point of view, she is. From Travis's point of view, he can tell you that later when I'm not around. Does it really matter if she's hot anyway?"

"A little, I mean, I don't want you guys hooking me up with a dog."

"Gabe! She's hot. You'll like her. Travis, get your friend in check."

"Yes m' am."

"When are we all going out?" Gabe asked.

"Her boyfriend works Friday night, right?" Travis asked Sharon.

"Yeah, we'll be going Friday night."

"Wait a minute, her boyfriend? You're hooking me up with a girl who has a boyfriend? Nu-uh, I'm not getting my ass kicked by someone's boyfriend. Count me out...unless she's super hot."

"Okay, Gabe, look. Here's the deal. Yes, she has a boyfriend. Yes, we're trying to hook you up with a taken girl. But the thing is, we're trying to get her to realize that there's better out there. She and her boyfriend are having major problems and she won't do anything about it so we are."

"Shouldn't she just realize that she needs to do something about it on her own?" he asked.

"Girls who get slapped around by their boyfriends deny that there are problems."

"Oh," was all he said.

"You could be that guy who saves her..." Travis said in what he hoped was a convincing tone of voice.

"Maybe."

"Please?" Sharon gave him the eyes.

Gabe sighed. "Okay, all right. Does this girl know?"

"Nope," Sharon said and looked back down at the magazine. "We'll take care of it though. Don't worry about it." Gabe nodded his head and he and Travis walked away to go work on lyrics for "Kiss My Sass." Sharon called up Jenna to let her know what was going down.

"You wanna do something Friday night?"

"Um...sure. What did you have in mind?"

"Well Travis and I were going to go out on a date-"

"Wouldn't that be a little weird to have me tag along?"

"No, you see, we have a date for you."

"If his name isn't Jesse then it's out of the question."

"No, it's not Jesse. But just think about it though, Jesse cheats on you all the time."

"And I'm supposed to sink to his level because..."

"Oh. Good point. Jen, come on. This is a great guy. I know for a fact that you'll like him."

"I still haven't heard a good reason why I should cheat on my boyfriend."

"Travis said not to think if it as cheating. He said you’d be exploring your options. Anyway Travis and I want you to dump Jesse; he's not good to you. You deserve better than him. This new guy can give you everything you need. Especially love. His love is a lot better than Jesse’s. I’m not even dating the dude and I know that! He would never lay a hand on you the way Jesse has."

"I don't know."

"Look, just think about it and call me back. Okay?"

"All right." The girls both hung up. Travis and Gabe walked back into the living room.

"I called Jenna and she said she'll think about it."

"What's there to think about?" Travis asked.

Sharon just shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe the fact that Jenna has morals...I don't know."

"But her morals never told her that getting hit by a guy was wrong?"

"Travis, I don't know. She's a faithful girl. She's a mystery. She says she loves him but deep down, I know for a fact that she despises him."

Feeling that this conversation should really be between them, Gabe decided it was time to go. "I'm gonna go. I'll see you guys later," Gabe said and left. Travis sat next to Sharon on the couch and put his arm around her.

"Well, you got until Friday afternoon to make it happen."

"Yeah, I know. It'll be tough but yeah."

* * * * *

Jenna set her hairbrush down on the dresser and turned to follow Jesse out of the room. He turned and looked at her.

"Change your clothes," he said looking her up and down. "That outfit makes you look fat." He shut the door behind him. Jena looked down at herself and her choice of clothing. She thought she looked fine. Not wanting to start a fight, she changed her clothes like he said to. She went into the kitchen where he was.

"Is this okay?" she asked.

"That's fine," he said looking at her.

"Better be," Jenna muttered under her breath.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing," she said. She was about to turn around to walk away when he punched her in the stomach with a force she's never felt before.

"I hope nothing was worth that," he told her and walked away. The pain was too much and she passed out.

When she came to a couple hours later, Jesse was sitting next to her on the bed.

"I am so sorry," he said.

"It's okay," she lied. She sat up and held her stomach. "I'm gonna go shower."

"All right," he said and followed her out of the room. Jenna walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind her so Jesse couldn't come in. She turned on the shower and took her cell phone out of her front pocket and called Sharon.

"Have you thought about it?"

"Yeah, count me in."