Status: Sequel has been posted.

Radio Love Song

It Wasn't Long Enough

Not much had been said between Sharon and Travis. It's been at least a couple days of no contact. Attempts were made on his behalf but a conversation takes two people. It was a week of camping out with the Kent siblings minus one at the eldest Kent's house.

Sharon watched Jenna as she packed for her weekend getaway. Despite the few hard feelings between Gabe and his girlfriend, their weekend was still on.

"Are you sure you're going to be all right?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. You're always a phone call away."

"Exactly." Jenna zipped her bag. "I wish you could come."

"You and Gabe need this time to make things okay again."

"Maybe you should give Travis another shot."

"I don't know. You and Gabe are still "newlyweds" compared to me and Travis. You guys have a way better shot at being okay."

"No we don't. We have the same amount of a better shot, all of us. It's not about how long you've been together; it's about how much you love each other."

"When did you become so insightful? Jenna, you're my hero."

"I know."

Daniel knocked on the door and stuck his head in. "Jen, Gabe's here."

"Okay, thanks."

Gabe then stepped into the room. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, just about." She made sure her bag was closed fully and Gabe took it out to the car. She turned to Sharon and held her arms out. Sharon stood and accepted her hug.

"I'm gonna miss you," Sharon said.

"I'll only be gone for a few days. I'll be back before you know it."

"I hope so. Well, you and Gabe have fun." They both left the room and went into the living room where the boys were waiting. Jenna and Daniel shared a hug too.

"Call me if you need anything," Daniel said. Then he eyed Gabe. "Anything at all."

"I know Dan. We're gonna go stop by mom's first and then we'll be on our way."

"Okay, have fun."

"All right, bye guys." There was another round of hugs and then the two left.

* * * * *

"Where's your girlfriend?" she asked Travis.

"We uh...we're having some problems right now so we're kinda on a break."

"Oh. Why?"

"I kind of didn't tell her something that I should have."

"Is it something that she should be glad you even told her about?"

"I think so, yeah."

"And she's gonna put you guys on a break? I'm sorry."

"It's fine. It's not your fault."

"If you don't mind me asking, what was it about?"

"I have a baby from a previous relationship."

"Oh," was all she could think to say.

"Yeah, whatever though," Travis said as he handed her a beer and sat next to her on the couch. A moment later, his cell started ringing. He quickly checked it and decided he would rather not talk to Sharon at that particular moment; at least not with Katy Perry sitting by his side.

* * * * *

Jenna watched Gabe carefully as they pulled into the gated community. She never told him her family had money. It was something always kept to herself so the boys who really didn't love her would stay away. She didn't live like she had money for a reason. Jenna could see him taking everything in. She wasn't planning on saying anything if he wasn't going to bring anything up.

"It's the white house over there," Jenna said and pointed to a three story house.

Gabe wasn't planning on saying anything as far as he knew. After rejecting her marriage proposal, he didn't want to give her another reason to possibly leave. He was surprised she hadn't based on that event. As they got out of his car, he noticed her neighbor who looked vaguely familiar.

"Hi Jenna!" she shouted in a cheery voice and waved.

"Hi Mrs. Hernandez." She went over and hugged the woman. Sharon looked exactly like her mother. The woman asked about her daughter and then tucked her mail under her arm and beckoned to her noisy lap dog to come inside.

"I didn't know Sharon's family lived next to yours."

"Yeah, we went to high school together for the last two years." Jenna took his hand as they went inside the house.

"Hello Miss Jenna," said an older woman when they walked into the living room.

"Hey Rose. Are my parents home?"

"Mr. Kent is in his room and Mrs. Kent is in the study."

Jenna nodded her head. "Thanks." She turned to Gabe. "We'll go see my mom first."

"Whatever works for you."

"No, trust me; it's for your sake." She shook her head. They went upstairs and walked into the large study. Mrs. Kent looked up.

"Hello dear. You're leaving soon, aren't you?"

"Yeah, we just wanted to stop by and let you and dad know."

"You do know he wants to talk to you?" Mrs. Kent aimed her question to Gabe.

"For what?"

"I told them," Jenna informed him.

"What? Why?"

"Because I was upset."

"Sweetheart, you were way past upset," Mrs. Kent said.

"Okay mom..." Jenna said wanting her to drop it.

"Look, why don't you go take Gabe to your father and we'll talk."

"All right. Gabe..." She and Gabe walked further down the hallway and stopped in front of a door. She walked in and told her dad Gabe was here.

"Please don't leave," Gabe pleaded with her quietly as she was about to walk out of the room.

"You'll be fine Gabe. Just don't lie to him and it'll all go well." She touched his chest and walked out, shutting the door behind her.

* * * * *

Sharon paced the living room. Night had fallen and Travis hadn't answered any of her calls.

"I'll be back later," Sharon told Daniel. Daniel just made a noise in response, not once looking up from the television. She hopped into Jenna's car since her car was in the garage. She made it to the apartment she shared with Travis in record time. She stepped out of the car and quickly sent her best friend a text and then headed inside. The door was unlocked which was unusual but Sharon figured Travis probably forgot. There were clothes all over the floor, Travis's clothes and girl clothes that weren't hers. She could hear noises coming from the end of the apartment where their room was. Sharon shook her head and decided not to pursue it. She didn't need to see it to believe it. Maybe it really was over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Rascal Flatts - Forever