Status: Sequel has been posted.

Radio Love Song

One Burning Question

Sharon sat in Jenna's room thinking about her relationship with Travis.

Was it really worth throwing away four years?

Everyone has baggage, why was Justyn so hard to accept?

Did Travis lie with good intentions?

Sharon's phone vibrated indicating she had a text message. She didn't recognize the number but opened the text anyway.

Check out Perez Hilton's site. You gotta see this shit!

Sharon hesitated for a moment but then figured someone probably sent it to the wrong number. Out of curiosity, she decided to check it out anyway. Once Perez's site loaded, she instantly wished she hadn't checked.

Hot new couple! Travis McCoy and Katy Perry! greeted her. She couldn't remember the last time she felt her heart beat like this. She thought it was going to come out of her chest. She looked at the photo of Katy and Travis and then read what Perez had to say. One sentence stuck out like a sore thumb.

"They stayed close the whole night, frequently 'sharing secrets'."

Sharon snapped the laptop shut, grabbed her phone and opened a new text message.

* * * * *

"Did you sleep at all?" Jenna asked as she stretched underneath the covers.

"No," Gabe said and shook his head.

"Why not?"

Gabe just shrugged his shoulders. He was sitting across from her in a chair. It was obvious he had been watching her sleep.

"Why don't you go to sleep? Gabe, you need it. You drove all night."

"I'm all right," he said.

"Why do you have to be so complicated?"

"I'm not being complicated," Gabe objected.

"Whatever you say Gabriel." Just as she sat up, her phone started beeping. She knew she had a new message and whoever sent it put it on high priority. Gabe pulled it out of the pocket of his hoody and handed it to her. She flipped it open.

There's no hope now! He's already moved on! People are saying Travis is dating Katy Perry!

"So Travis is dating Katy Perry, supposedly."

"Who told you that?"

"Sharon."

"How does she know?"

"I don't know. Call your friend and ask him."

"No, that's all right. That's not what we came down here for. We came here to get away from their drama and that's what we're going to do."

"She's my best friend Gabe. I can't just leave her on her own with something like this."

"Yeah, I figured," Gabe said and sighed. He got up and left the room. As she watched him leave the room, she felt bad. She understood his reason for the trip and agreed with it but Sharon was still her heartbroken best friend. She sent Sharon back a text and ran out of the room.

* * * * *

"I don't know what to tell you. Maybe if you just give them time, I'm pretty sure the phase that they're in will die out soon enough," Pete told Nate. "You can't really fault the guy for being in love. As for Jenna, give her a chance. Maybe she's not as bad as you think."

"Maybe, maybe not." Nate shrugged his shoulders.

"If I can get him to talk to me, I'll see what I can do but there really isn't anything I can do. I just gave you guys a label, that's all. If it really bothers you, I guess you can take it up with Bob but I don't think that would go over very well with Gabe."

"I don't know. I guess I'll figure out something. I got a couple days anyway."

"Pete, we gotta get going. The car's waiting," Ashlee spoke up.

They all walked out of the hotel room and went their separate ways after their goodbyes.

* * * * *

"Why'd you do it?" Gabe asked Jenna one night. They should have been asleep since they were driving back home the next day but they weren't.

"Do what?"

"You know what I'm talking about."

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"You've been saying that since it happened. Sooner or later, it's going to be time to talk about it. I think I should at least know why."

"When I'm ready to tell you then I'll tell you. Until then though, chill out!" Jenna turned away from him. She would have given anything to be home in Jersey right now. Sharon was talking to Travis...or was at least attempting to. Plus Daniel had left her a message that Crook would be home once she got back. Last but not least, she was looking forward to getting away from Gabe for a day or two. She would never admit it out loud but the feeling was there. She felt Gabe lean over and kiss her forehead before settling in and quickly falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Rascal Flatts - Why