Status: Sequel has been posted.

Radio Love Song

I Need Something More to Believe In

"You know what? Forget about him," Jenna told Sharon. "If that's how he wants to be, then let him be like that. In the end, it's his loss, not yours."

"I know but how could he just move right on after four years?"

"He could be stupid but I don't know. You my darling don't have time to sit around and feel sorry for yourself. I think I smell a night out on the town."

"That night out must smell yucky cause Jersey isn't the best smelling place."

"You are so funny."

"Yeah, I try." She pretended to shine her nails. "Is Gabe coming with?"

"Right now, I don't even want to hear his name. I just need a day or two away from him. He's making me want to rip out my hair right about now."

"Yeah, it's that bad?"

"Yes ma'am. Besides, we're not attached at the hip. We don't need to be together twenty-four/seven."

"Said the girl who asked him to marry her."

"Hey! I was extremely vulnerable at the time. My daddy almost died!"

"I know kiddo, I'm just joshing you. Why do you even want to go out? You just got home."

"I sat in a house all weekend. I want to do something."

"I'm pretty sure you did plenty of something in that house."

"Shut up!"

"Did you pray to god a lot?"

"I said shut up!" Jenna threw a pillow at Sharon as she started laughing.

Sharon then started singing a song from the late Biggie Smalls, "I love it when you call me big pop-pa..."

"You're lucky Daniel's home otherwise I'd murder you."

"Just think about it, I can't say the same."

"True, that is so true."

"What? So god's your best friend now?"

"I'm not answering that!" Jenna said and walked out of the room. Sharon followed right behind.

"Just admit and I'll stop. You know I live vicariously through you now."

"Admit what?" Daniel asked looking over at the girls.

"Jenna won't admit that she and god are best friends."

"What?" Daniel clearly didn't get it.

"In a few months, Jenna will have to make an appointment with Dr. Masterson."

They both watched Daniel's eyes narrow. "Dad may not be in a good enough condition to kick his ass but I am and don't you let Gabe forget that."

There was no mistaking that the witch-like crackle was coming from Sharon. Jenna mumbled under her breath and walked through the kitchen to let Crook in from outside. After getting home from her trip with Gabe, Jenna and Daniel picked up Crook from Officer Riley and then took him on a long walk. The huge German Sheppard seemed to be adjusting to his new life just fine. If only things were really that easy... Jenna had thought to herself.

* * * * *

"What are you doing?" Jenna asked as Daniel pulled his hand out of her purse.

"Nothing," he said and walked away. Once he was far enough away, she opened her purse. She noticed a can a mace that wasn't there before.

"Are you ready to go?" Sharon asked walking up behind her.

"Yeah, are you?" Sharon nodded her head.

"Don't drink and drive," Daniel said just before they walked out the door.

"Well damn! There go my plans for tonight!" Jenna exclaimed and threw her hands up in the air as if in defeat. Crook let out a bark and jumped towards her before sitting at her feet. He let out another excited bark. "Sharon, you can go ahead on out, I think I'll stay in with my dog."

"Yeah right! Let's go! I didn't shave my legs for nothing!" She grabbed her arm and pulled her out the door.

Jenna stopped before unlocking her car doors. "You shaved your legs just to go out?"

"Shut up and open the door!"

"Woo, someone's a little bossy tonight."

* * * * *

Jenna tucked her valet ticket into her purse and tucked it under her arm.

"Ladies," the guy at the door nodded at them and opened the door. He didn't even ask for their IDs.

"Hey Lucas," Sharon said and continued walking.

"Tell your dad I love him for owning half the clubs down here," Jenna said.

"Trust me, he knows."

Jenna felt someone wrap their arms around her. She knew it wasn't Gabe, the person was too buff.

"Where have you been all my fucking life?" the guy said.

"J!" She turned around and hugged the guy.

"So you got Riley's dog now, huh?"

"Yep, Crook is all mine." Her arms lingered around J, a K-9 handler she knew through Daniel. "Oh! Excuse my bad manners." She turned to Sharon. "Sharon, this is J Christmas. J, this is Sharon Hernandez."

J reached around her and shook Sharon's hand.

"So where's Daniel?"

"At home with my dog."

"Oh, what a bummer. Girls night out?"

"I guess you can say that. After what she's been through, she deserves a night out."

"And that was..."

Jenna looked at Sharon. Sharon just nodded and shrugged.

"The worst break up ever!"

"Oh well that's a bitch. Sorry to hear that."

"It's fine. It's his loss," Sharon said.

"Can I buy you ladies a drink?" J asked.

"Designated Dave," Jenna said and raised her hand.

"Oh, another bummer."

"Shut up Joseph. You can buy her one though." Jenna pointed at Sharon.

"I could really use one," she agreed. They both followed J to the bar and all took a seat. They talked for what felt like forever. J and Sharon seemed to have a spark started. That was an understatement. Sparks were flying. Sharon had even moved so J was in the middle of the two girls.

* * * * *

Jenna walked into the house and shut the door. Crook started barking from the noise.

"Where's Sharon?" Daniel asked.

"She went home with someone."

"Who?"

"Christmas."