Status: Sequel has been posted.

Radio Love Song

Friday Night Lights Out

"Jenna?" Sharon asked walking into the apartment.

"I'm in the bathroom!" she shouted down the hallway. Sharon stood in the doorway and watched Jenna cake on the make-up.

"Why are you putting so much on?"

"Because Jesse's my boyfriend."

"Did he find out?"

"No. I just said something I shouldn't have. Well yeah, I guess he did technically, but whatever. He still has no idea."

"Okay." Sharon knew to leave it at that. "So what is this about Gabe and Friday night?"

"I'm taking him out Friday night to make up for last night."

"Oh okay. Do you know what you're going to do?"

"Not a clue."

"You're okay though, right?"

"I'm fine, just peachy keen," Jenna said in a Rizzo fashion and finally set her make-up down. She got her Fall Out Boy hoody out of her room and she and Sharon were about to leave just as Jesse walked in.

"Where are you going?"

"To Sharon's."

"Okay. You know when to be home," he said and kissed her. Then he let them leave.

"So...what happened last night?" Sharon asked after she was sure they were far enough away from the door.

"Nothing really, he came home kind of late last night, with a hickey on his neck. I just made him mad. That's all."

"I really hate how you say that like it's nothing; like it's an everyday thing."

Jenna stopped and looked over at her. "Sharon, for me, it is."

"That's not right and you know it."

"Okay, subject change.”

"Okay, subject change. Gabe's at the house with Travis."

"What?"

"Yep, they're working on some music together since Cobra's getting ready to make another album."

"Didn't they just put an album out though?"

"Basically, I mean, whatever though. It's Gabe's band. Therefore, I don't question it. As a matter of fact, I don't really question anything Gabe does. I'd rather not know with the way that boy can think sometimes."

"It's that serious, huh?"

"Oh you just wait. You're in for a party. Buh-lieve me," she said before they got into her Mustang.

* * * * *

"Hey sweetheart," Travis said.

"Hey," she responded and kissed him.

"Jenna..." he turned to her.

"Ass face McCoy."

"Ha ha. So you got beef, huh?"

"No but I do have carrots."

"Interesting."

"Where's Gabe?" Sharon asked.

"Right here," Gabe said from behind Travis. He and Jenna looked at each other but didn't say anything.

"You two; go talk in our room," Sharon said pointing from Gabe to Jenna and back. Neither of them argued and walked down the hall leaving Travis and Sharon in the living room.

"You totally planned that, didn't you?" Travis asked.

"They don't call me God for no reason you know."

"True true but they also don't call you Miss Matchmaker, period."

"Hey hey, you're the one who suggested Gabe. Not me."

"Yes, yes I did."

"What's up with all the repeats today?"

"Beats me," Travis shrugged his shoulders. Then he laughed and shook his head.

"What's so funny?"

"Ass face McCoy. Seriously, where does she come up with this stuff?"

"Probably you."

"I wouldn't doubt that."

"Me neither since you are the most influential person to that girl."

"Now that's funny."

"No, I'm serious. She would do anything you ask her-hey...what a minute. I think I got an idea."

"Why do I not like this idea already? Does it involve me? Please don't involve me." Travis shook his head.

"You, my dear, are the center of it."

"Aww man!" Travis threw his arms up in the air.

"Oh don't worry. No one will get hurt."

"That's what you said when you got that one girl to braid my hair. I still think that it was really a man who just got out of prison." Travis rubbed his head.

"There's no hair touching in my idea."

"Good...I mean, for now anyway."

* * * * *

Friday Night

Jenna stared out the window and waited to see Jesse's car leave. He was spending the weekend at his parents’ house since his mom's fallen ill. Or so he says. Once she saw his car, she called Gabe.

"I just saw him leave so it's definitely on for tonight."

"Okay. Cool. So I'll see you in a few hours."

"Yes you will. Goodbye Gabe," she said and hung up. She and Gabe had spent the whole week talking whenever they could. Jenna spent a lot of her shower time sitting on the bathroom counter texting with him. She never talked to him on her lap top since she knew Jesse knew how to figure that stuff out. They both could definitely say that it was more than just a middle school crush. It was more than lust but not quite love. Jenna was starting to understand what Travis and Sharon were trying to say all along. Especially after the hour long talk she and Travis had about her relationship with Jesse and her lack of relationships with other people. When Travis McCoy talks, you listen. When Travis McCoy tells you a certain person is not good for you, that person isn't good for you. Sharon felt her plan had worked out nicely since she knew that if she had talked to Jenna, she wouldn't have listened as well.

It was getting towards the end of their date and they were standing outside the door to Gabe's multi-thousand dollar apartment. Nothing was being said and the feeling of awkwardness was overwhelming the air. Finally deciding to ignore the awkwardness, Gabe put his hands on her waist and pulled her close to him.

"Are you all right?" he quietly asked her.

"I am now," she whispered. Gabe leaned over and kissed her.

"You want to come in?" Gabe asked.

"Yes-no! No I do not." She shook her head and stared at him. "Who am I kidding? I so do."

Once they made it to his bedroom, Gabe had to ask "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure? I mean, with your boyfriend and all?"

"He had it coming."

"All right, if you say so..."

"Do you really want me to change my mind?" Just then Jenna's cell phone started ringing. "Damnit!" she whispered as she pulled it out of her purse. The caller ID field read Jesse's name.

"It's him, isn't it?" Gabe asked sitting on the bed.

"Yeah," Jenna looked down at her phone. Making her final decision, she put the phone back in her purse. "I don't have time to be dealing with him right now. It's just me and you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: I Voted For Kodos - Friday Night Lights Out