Status: Sequel has been posted.

Radio Love Song

Kiss My Sass

After not hearing from Jenna for two days, Gabe decided to send her a text and find out what was going on.

"Jenna, are you okay?"

Ten minutes later, she responded with "No but I will be."

"Seriously, you need to leave him. He shouldn't be treating you like that. You don't deserve that."

"Maybe I do. Maybe this is the path I'm supposed to be taking."

"Don't say that. You do not deserve it. No woman should ever be beaten for any reason at all. You know that. I know you do."

"Gabe, I can't just leave him."

"Yes you can."

"Where would I go? Jesse knows where Sharon and Travis live."

"Me. You can come live with me."

"I haven't known you that long."

"After that date, I think we know each other pretty well. Please just think about it."

"Fine, I'll think about it. I'm not guaranteeing anything though."

"Good enough for me. I gotta get going. Call/text me if you need anything."

"Okay, I'll talk to you later then."

Gabe switched his sidekick to vibrate and stuck it in his pocket. Cobra Starship was in the studio recording a couple demos for the new album. Travis and Sharon were there so they could work on "Kiss My Sass."

"Did you get a hold of her?" Sharon asked sitting between Gabe and Travis.

"Yeah, she said she's not fine but she will be."

"Did she say anything else?"

"I told her she needs to leave Jesse."

"Where is she going to go?"

"She'll crash with me."

"I don't know if that's a good idea. Jesse has a way of finding stuff out."

"I'll handle the skank then."

"Gabe-"

"She said she would think about it. Don't try to unconvince me. I really like her and I want her to be safe." Then his phone vibrated. He pulled it out to see that Jenna had texted him asking when he would be home. He quickly sent her a respond and put the phone back in his pocket.

"What was that about?"

"Nothing, Jenna's coming over later."

"So she left Jesse after all?"

"No. She said we need to talk. Well, she needed to talk."

"So-"

"I'll deal with it Sharon, all right?"

* * * * *

Jenna quietly locked the front door when she stepped out of the apartment. Jesse had to work late tonight. Jenna knew this for a fact since when Frankie, Jesse's manager, called Jenna answered the phone and had to take a message. She pulled her bag up her shoulder and went out to her car. She attempted to look nice for Gabe. She put on just enough make up to cover the bruises but also enough that it wouldn't smudge if he touched her. She didn't see his car when she got to his apartment. Just like he had told her, she saw the plant outside his door. She stuck her fingers in the dirt and quickly found his spare key and unlocked the door. Making sure no one was around, she stuck the key back and went inside, locking the door behind her. The plant's fake she suddenly thought to herself. It had real dirt but a fake plant. She shrugged her shoulders and shook her head. She just waited out the few minutes it took Gabe to get home. After a change of clothes, they finally settled on the couch together.

"So what's up?" Gabe asked as he put his arms around Jenna.

"I'm going to leave Jesse. You're right. I don't need this. I don't have to go through this."

"Good for you. When do you want to move in?"

"No," Jenna said and shook her head. "I'm not moving in with you."

"What? Why not?"

"I will be staying with my brother."

"Why aren't you staying here?"

"Because it would be too soon and too much for our relationship and I really want things to work for us."

"That's understandable." Gabe was waiting until she was officially not Jesse's girlfriend to ask her to be his.

"I like you Gabe. I really do." But she knew leaving Jesse wouldn't be that easy.

* * * * *

"Travis?"

"Yes dear?"

"Let's go on vacation."

"That was a little random."

"Yeah it was but we should do it. This summer, let's go to Florida and stay on a private beach and have fun."

"That sounds good to me. Hopefully the touring will be at a minimal but I'll let them know."

"Okay, sweet."

"So, what do you want to do tonight?"

"I don't know. Let's go out."

"Okay. Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know." Sharon shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm going to call Gabe. He's always entertaining." Travis took his phone out of his pocket and dialed Gabe's number. Sharon looked up at Travis and he made a face and hung up his phone.

"What's wrong?"

"He said 'I'll call you back' and hung up. He didn't even say hello."

"Oh." Sharon made an "O" with her mouth. "He's busy right now."

"How do you know?"

"Jenna's with him, remember?"

Travis made the same "O" face. "Oh. Well, let's go out now and we'll just call them later."

"That sounds good to me," Sharon said and went to the bedroom to get ready. Travis followed her. They never made it out that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Cobra Starship - Kiss My Sass