Status: Sequel has been posted.

Radio Love Song

The Baby

After many unanswered text messages, Gabe decided to give up. A small part of him wouldn't let him though. That small part was still holding on to the chance that she might come around again and be a free woman. Caroline looked over his shoulder at what he was doing. He was checking to see if he had any new messages. He didn't.

"Gabe, it's been a month now. Give it up," Caroline said pushing him onto his back.

"I just can't." He was about to get up but Caroline wouldn't let him.

"You're gonna have to. She obviously decided you weren't worth the hassle with her boyfriend."

"Why are you being so mean?"

"You called me her name last night. Why shouldn't I be mean?"

"Sorry."

"And to make it worse, I used to know a girl with that name."

"Sorry."

"Prove it."

"Maybe later," he said. Then his sidekick vibrated letting him know he just received a text. He pushed Caroline off of him and picked it up. It was just a message from Pete Wentz.

"Gabe, you're such an ass," she said sliding out of his bed and picking up her clothes.

"Caroline-"

"Save it," she said and went to the bathroom. Gabe sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. He heard the shower go on so he got dressed and went into the living room. He quickly responded to Pete's text and waited for Caroline to get out of the shower. After ten minutes, she walked into the living room and sat next to Gabe.

"I'm really sorry about last night and everything. I really am."

"I know. Just get over it. I don't like mopey Gabe." Caroline stood up.

"I know you don't. I just, I really liked her and for her to suddenly go away like that, it's just not right."

"Well, I have to suddenly go away because my parents are expecting me." She leaned over and kissed him.

"All right, I'll see you later."

"Bye Gabe." She looked down at him before walking out the door.

* * * * *

"We'll take care of this. We will. We always do," Sharon told Jenna.

"This can't be happening. This isn't happening."

"Oh yes, this is happening. We got this under control though."

"You'll be my person, right?"

"Of course."

"How are we going to do this without Jesse finding out?" Jenna looked up at her best friend who was pretty much her only friend.

"I have no clue honestly."

"I'm scared Jesse will find out and be mad about it." She had every reason to be scared. Jesse told her early on in the relationship that he wanted kids. Just days ago, Jenna peed on a stick and was shocked when she saw it say "pregnant."

"If he gets mad about it, we'll stab him in the eye with spork."

After sneaking out of the apartment and out to Sharon's car, they finally got to the clinic which Jenna had an appointment at.

"Oh my god. I can't do it. I can't do it. I can't do this," Jenna said.

"Yes you can. We talked about this on the way here. If you don't, you're stuck with him for the rest of your life."

"Yeah but..." Jenna started to cry.

"Look, if you really don't want to do this, then we won't. We can do it another day."

"No. We have to. I don't want to but I have to. I don't want to spend the rest of my life with him."

"Okay. Let's go then. You know I'm right here." Jenna nodded her head and got out of the car. She glanced at the group of people standing on the other end of the parking lot. They were shouting things at her, begging her not to do it.

Abortion is murder!

You're killing a human being!

It's just a baby!


They don't understand. She made eye contact with one of them.

"Hey, come on. Don't listen to them. They don't know." Sharon held out her hand. Jenna tore her gaze away from the person and took Sharon's hand. They walked into the clinic where Jenna signed in and they both took a seat. Jenna knew what she was doing. She was about to kill her baby. Jesse's baby. It went against everything she believed in but now she understood better. She couldn't bear to bring another woman beater into the world. Maybe he wouldn't have been a woman beater. Maybe he would have been a normal child with just totally fucked up parents who really hated each other more than anything. She couldn't risk it though. She despised Jesse enough as it was.

"Jenna Kent," A nurse called her name. She looked at Sharon.

"You'll be fine. I'm right here. I'll be right here when you get out." Sharon squeezed her hand. Jenna nodded and followed the nurse to a room where she told her to change into a gown and someone would be right with her.

* * * * *

"Is she okay?" Travis asked, peering into their guest room.

"Seriously?" He turned to look at his girlfriend. "She just had a baby scraped out of her. Do you think she's okay?" Then there was a knock at the door.

"Yeah, that was a pretty stupid question," Travis said as he walked to the door. When he opened it, Jesse walked in.

"Where is she?" He looked at Sharon.

"Leave her alone. She's been through enough today."

"Just tell me where she is." He found her in the room. He walked over to her and kneeled down. Then he put his hand on her shoulder and violently shook her.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" Travis pulled him away from her.

"Why don't you leave us alone? Why do you guys always have to get in the middle of everything?"

"Jesse, you need to leave before I call the police," Sharon said crossing her arms over her chest.

"All right but I will be back for her." He pointed at his girlfriend who was barely awake and left.

"What a fucking douche," Travis said.

"It's okay Travis," Sharon said shutting the bedroom door so Jenna would go back to sleep.

* * * * *

Caroline walked into Gabe's apartment and set her jacket on the arm of the couch. He was exactly where she left him. She didn't know if he had stayed in that spot the whole day or if it just happened to be where he sat.

"It's about to rain," she said sitting next to him.

"Really?"

"Yeah..."

"Okay." When he said that, the power flickered out. The only lighting that filled the room was the glow from Gabe's sidekick.