We seem so invincible, but the truth is so cold.

I have so much to say, but you're so far away.

The day was very morose, which fit perfectly.

Silence consumed the room, everyone was too in shock to even speak. The unthinkable happened minutes ago; the found Jimmy... and his warm and energetic personality was traded for a cold, lifeless body.

None of their minds could seem to grasp this situation at hand, simply the fact that they had lost their brother, their best friend, their Jimmy.

A car door was heard, opening and closing, then there was a knock at the door. Matt took a deep breath, and went over to the door, where he was greeted by an EMT, "Where is the body?"

Matt cringed as those words escaped the EMT's lips... a body... that's all Jimmy was to this guy? He didn't let his anger get the best of him though; he told the EMT where Jimmy was located, not wanting to actually show him where he laid.

He nodded, then rolled the stretcher with the body bag into the Sullivan house hold. Matt just couldn't take it anymore, his anger took over his mind, forcing him to punch in the wall beside him. He smashed into it, punch by punch, getting weaker with each blow. He hit until his knuckles bled, then he sunk to the floor, and cracked. Tears escaped from his hazel eyes, and he burred his face into his knees.

Arms were pulling Matt into a tight embrace, "It's okay Matt," Zacky cooed, trying to help out his friend.

"No, it's not." Matt bit back, crying into Zacky's shirt, "We just lost Jimmy for fuck sakes, it is the furthest thing from okay."

Zacky's eyes became glossy, filling with tears. He knew Matt was right, and tears began to escape. He held Matt close and they cried together.

Eventually Zacky tried to pull himself together, "C'mon Matt, Bri and Johnny need us," He pulled Matt, then Matt got up, and the walked into the room they previously sat, to find Johnny starring at the floor, a pool of tears below him on the floor, and Brian running his finger through his hair, with eyes blood shot, and tears spilling out.

Matt dragged Johnny to the couch Brian was sitting on, and they sat with him, and Zacky sat to the opposite side of Brian. And the silence that filled the room was exchanged for the pitter patter of the rain starting to fall outside, and the sobs that took over.

The guys all held each other close, and just sobbed. Not even letting a word escape their lips. Once the EMT's came back through, with Jimmy laying inside of the body bag, Brian lost it.

He was on his feet, clutching the sides, "YOU CAN'T TAKE HIM!" He screamed, "PLEASE, DON'T TAKE HIM."

Johnny ran over, and pulled Brian back, trying to hush him.

"Please!" Brian pleaded, crying even harder, "Just don't take him! Do something Johnny!" He begged, pointing to Jimmy as the rolled him away, "Please...." The tears just took over, and he collapsed into Johnny's arms.

Johnny held Brian close, "I'm sorry Bri..." He whispered, tears of his own starting to take over again.

Matt sighed, rubbing his eyes, "This isn't fucking fair!" He cursed, kicking the table that was in front of him. "Why Jimmy?" He demanded to anyone, "Why? What the fuck did he ever do to deserve to die this fucking young! This is bullshit!" He screamed, falling down to his knees. He then fell so he was laying down. He started to kick, scream and sob on the floor.

Zacky just stayed on the couch, his eyes shut tight, wondering why this had to happen, he tried to keep his tears in, just so he could stay strong for the others, but they defeated him.

The silence was gone.. or so it seemed; the silence still consumed each and everyone of them, the silence was simply from not hearing Jimmy anymore.

----

A week had passed, a long week; without smiles, laughs, much talking, and music. Jimmy would have hated that they were doing this to themselves. But they just needed time to grieve before they could actually go back to normal.

The rain hadn't left since the day the had found Jimmy only a week ago. He would have loved that it was raining, the all knew that. Jim had loved the rain... and they all wished that he was still around to tell them that he loved the rain for the millionth time... oh what they'd give just to have him back for five minutes... they'd all give their last breath for him...

The church was filled with sobs, and murmurs of small talk: "Sorry for your loss", "Jimmy was a good man," and things to that extent, it was just the usual funeral talk.

Eventually, everyone took a seat in a pew. The guys all sat up front, across from the pew that Jimmy's family sat in. The priest began, talking of Jimmy's life, then eventually he called Matt up to speak the eulogy.

Matt stood before everyone, behind the podium, looking around, "Uh.." He began... he was suddenly lost for words. He looked down to his paper, and he suddenly forgot how to speak.

He looked back up and over to the door way, and there stood Jimmy, smiling at him, "You can do it," He mouthed.

Matt rubbed his eyes, not believing what he was seeing. Then when he looked back up, Jimmy was gone. But he smiled... he actually fucking smiled. "Well, Jimmy was my best friend," He began, " And I am probably the luckiest man in the world to spend eight-teen years of my life with that crazy bastard," That received a few laughs from the crowd.

"I met Jimmy in second grade... he was that one kid that ways always getting into trouble," He stopped to smile a little, remembering all the stupid shit he and Jimmy used to do, "He ruled the drums way back when, and did for his whole life..."
He sighed, remembering that no one would ever rock as hard as Jimmy... "He was one of the greatest people I had ever met in my life. He wasn't afraid of anything; all he ever cared about was just living life. Which is what he taught me and the rest of the guys... and all the fans out there."
He took a breath, "Jimmy was my hero; hell, I'm sure he's Zacky, Johnny, and Brian's hero too. And I damn sure know that he's every Avenged fan's hero too. He was just so much different from most people in the world, and thats just what made him special..."

"I could go on and on about Jimmy, and all the things he taught me, and all the crazy stuff we all used to do, but I'll simply say, thanks Jimmy. I love you bro, and you'll mean so much more to us than you'll ever know. I just have so much to say.. but you're so far away," He picked up his paper, and hugged each of Jimmy's family members, then a hug from each of the guys.

Eventually it was time to head off to the grave-yard, to finally put Jimmy to rest.

---

Yet again, sobs were the only thing heard as they lowered Jimmy into the ground. The guys just watched, and silently said their goodbye's to their best friend. Once he was down, the covered the grave, and flowers surrounded the head stone.

It seemed as if everyone had left the area quickly, leaving only Brian, Johnny, Zacky, and Matt surrounding Jimmy's grave. They all stood in the same position, starring at the headstone.

"I'm so ready for Jimmy to come running out of the woods, screaming 'GOTCHA!'" Johnny stated, randomly.

Zacky laughed, humorlessly, "I think we all are, Johnny." He put his hand on Johnny's shoulder.

"Maybe," Brian spoke up, "He finally left... and is never going to come back,"

"And when he comes back, he's going to be a knife master," The all said in unison, before actually laughing.

"Yeah," Zacky said, "Or maybe he just got lost in the woods chasing after a fucking stallion duck,"

Johnny started laughing hysterically, "You know? He could have gotten putting into a mental institution from screaming at some BMW's..."

They all roared with laughter, telling more stories of their crazy times with Jimmy, savoring and remembering each moment of him.

"You know? This is what Jimmy would have wanted..." Matt spoke up.

They all nodded, knowing that he was right.

Brian around, "He wouldda kicked all of our asses if he found out we cried," Then he looked at Johnny, "Especially yours."

Johnny laughed, "You're so right..." He smiled then he put his fist in the air, "to Jimmy!"

The other guys all smiled, "To Jimmy!" Then all joined into a group hug.

Jimmy would have been proud, the all knew. This is what he would have wanted, and they thought he deserved one last thing from his best friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow... that was hard to write.
I hope everyone enjoyed (:

R.I.P. Jimmy, I love you <3.