Love Never Gone

Epilogue

“Hey mom, hey dad, did you miss me?” Catalina stood before the two gravestones. The grass was a lush green and tickled at her bare feet. The flowers on each grave were flourishing with glorious pinks, yellows, oranges and reds. Her eyes read the carved in words, her lips mumbled them, “Kestrel Rovich. A loving father that will be missed and never forgotten.” Her pink hues traced over to her mother's stone, “Lillian Catalina Rovich. A loving wife that made the greatest sacrifice for a daughter she loved.” She tossed the used syringe and empty bottle to the side and sat down between the two stones with the portable piano in her other hand.

Her shuddering fingers began to play her parents precious song, Moonlight Sonata. She closed her eyes and breathed heavily as her body wobbled unsteadily; but she never missed a key in the song. Catalina would soon be with her long lost family. She saw her father waving at her... She saw her mother holding her for the very first time... And when the song came to a lingering end... Catalina was finally with the family she so dearly missed and loved...

Her father kissed her forehead like he use to. Hugged her tightly and ran his finger down her nose just like he would when she was a little girl. Just like the last time they ever saw each other...

Her mother embraced Catalina tightly. She never had the chance to hold her daught, never had the chance to kiss her, watch her grow, watch her laugh, cry, talk, and sing. She never had the chance to know her beautiful daughter, but despite the years of nothing, despite the death... The love connected... The loving mother and daughter embraced, for the very first time...

...Catalina was not crazy, she was not insane, she only loved...

...They held her back for so long, told her they were gone, but they were wrong...

...They were not gone, love is never gone...

…Love only waits...

...And so they waited...

...Until their daughter came to them at last...