Status: COMMENTS.

There is a Heaven..

Chapter 3

Its had been a few days since i had last seen Chris. I had successfully managed to run out in the dark of the night and go play in the park. Also, i had learnt my way to Waffle House and back... whether or not i had it drawn out on the back of a napkin from the guy who worked there, called Joe.

I had set out on a fine friday morning, in the hope of finding a job at the local venue that took me roughly 20 minutes to walk to.

When i got there, i wandered in through the front, knocking on the door as i passed.

A rough, hard working, 30 something looking man rushed to where i was standing, tugging on his pony tail he grinned, sticking his other hand out.

"Hi, im Dave," he said as he took my hand in his rough, big one. i smiled back politely,

"Hi, im Ella. Nice to meet you." i grinned widely then, showing him my pearly whites.

"Oh Ella, lovely fellow englishman!" he said dropping his american accent.

"Thankfully found someone like me! Um, i was hoping you had a job avalible?" i smiled.

"oh yeah, right now we only need a sound tech?" he asked hopefully. Grinning widely i nodded.

"What i was hoping for," i laughed, "When do i start?"

"Tonight if possible? Can you fill the forms and stay now? im sure the band would love to meet you and we need to get gear up and sound check." he went on, listing.

"Yeah sounds good." i smiled and followed him to get the papers signed and to be shown around the building.

* * *

i spent the next few hours figuring out how the sounds system works, running to and from the raised desk to the raised stage and plugging in equpitment and often dragging in Dave to check the microphones.

Apparently the band were running a little behind time, even though they didn't live to far away.

i was mid way rocking out to Bowling For Soup in the middle of the floor with Dave watching and laughing when i heard the several voices of others. i ignored them but continued to do my little dance and then stopped to do air guitar. i looked up and noticed my little auidence, seeing Chris right at the front.

Blushing deeply, i ran up to the sound desk and turned it off, and went and stood on the last step. Dave laughed at me again, and directed at me with his hand extended to me.

"Guys, say hello to Ella, the new sound chick." They all looked over at me and smiled, waving.. so did Chris.

i looked down and blushed.

"So sound girl, what do you want to do?" i heard Chris ask, indicating to the equiptment.

it took half an hour to get the equpitment sorted, different guitars plugged up, mic's found and coffee's made.

"Right, PLEASE can we do a sound check now?" i huffed, as the boys or the 'team' as they called themselves ran about being stupid. Chris was still perfectly sat on the little stool placed in front of the mic.

"Guys.." Chris said into the mic. They didn't pay attention.

Picking up a wireless mic, i turned it on and turned it up loud and put it to my mouth.

"That means silence please!" i yelled, my cheeks flushing and i was tupid enough to nearly start crying.

i never raised my voice. so it was weird for me. i was also in very good check of my anger, so when i was angry, i was angry good.

"Sorry Ella," all the boys said, including Chris.

"Just go please Chris.." i said shakily into the mic, and turned the wireless off.

What i heard for the first time that day, has changed my life ever since then.

it was like a piece of heaven. the way his fingers were gentle on the strings that were still intricate and the way his voice, sweet and melodic, flowing outwards, almost as if it was coming towards me and wrapping around me like a massive fluffy monster hugging me.

I only had to fiddle with a few of the buttons and made sure the guitar was almost matching the level of his voice but not quite over-riding it.

i stood back and watched him play the rest of sound check. His eyes met mine and i melted, the way his lips twisted upwards slightly made me want to running my fingers across his lips or - i nealry gasped -

kiss him.

my first maybe..

"Did it hurt, when you fell from heaven?"
♠ ♠ ♠
THAAAANKS :')
<3
(ps. comments would be adored <3)