Status: Under Contruction process. (Ch. 1-4 complete)

Dead End Signs and Wasted Land

Why Save Your Kisses For A Rainy Day?

After a quick, steamy shower, I changed into my pajamas and strolled out of the bathroom to find Sam dazing at his battered laptop resting on the small wooden table in the corner of the room. He hadn’t said a word to me since he told me to drop the subject about him hiding something from me. I didn’t understand how it could be such a secret that I couldn’t at least know. Sam and I were like siblings, closer than close; we told each other everything. Even though I told him that I’d let it go, I wasn’t going to forget about it that easy.

I walked over to my duffel and took out my shiny, purple laptop, taking a seat in the chair across from Sam. If he wanted to stubborn, I'll let him be. I had my own secerts that were meant to be kept, but it still bugged me. Anyway I opened up my laptop, hoping to find some more research on the case we were involved with but some how I found myself digging up information on vampires. With the strange appearance that Dean had encountered with, it had me curious. There were many different beliefs and ways to get rid of them, many of which I had no idea if they were true or not. It also had me thinking as to why a vampire clan would want to kill of my family, and still want me. I mean anything was possible when it came down to something in the supernatural world, but what would a vampire want from me other than to kill me?

A deep, bothered sigh escaped my mouth, noticing Sam look up from the his screen and back at me. His lips were pursed about to say something, but with Dean darting through the door like Superman with a large pizza box and a six-pack in both hands, everything was put on hold.

“Did you miss me?” Dean asked with a slight grin, slamming the door with his foot before placing the items on the table between laptops. I gave him an annoyed stare before returning back to my laptop, realizing Sam doing the same thing. “Gee, sorry I asked.”

I was waiting for him to add one of his stupid jokes gawking at Sam and me, not saying a word to each other but he just stuffed his face full of pizza with a beer in his hand, keeping himself occupied in the process. Dean knew something was going on by the way he kept looking at us with his questionable appearance. I’m sure I looked more than aggravated, so Dean knew better not to mess with me when I’m pissed off whether he knew why or not. Too much conflict occured in the past to summon that one.

I grabbed a slice of pepperoni pizza and a beer before drowning back into my vampire research. Sam's hasty typing and ignorance was beginning to get on my nerves. It was like he refused to say anything with his brother in the room, which only made me more curious and disturbed. However, when I got a message via email popping up on the top of my screen awkwardly from Sam, I felt slightly relieved to know he wasn't totally being an arrogant jerk as I read:

We need to talk, just not when he’s around.

Glancing up from the message, I nodded back at him once I met his gaze. I guess I felt a little better knowing that he was finally going to fess up, but the thoughts of what it could be about worried me.

“So…” Dean said awkwardly to evade the silence that was filling the room. “Are you two talking about me behind my back? Well, that’s cool. I’m going to head back down to the cemetery later on and dig up old man Wilde from his grave. I guess you two are going to stay back?” Great, no he thinks we're being ignorant to him... could anything ever go right?

If anything I would have liked to go with Dean to help burn Oliver's bones, but this was one opportunity Sam and I could talk in private. Of course, I wasn’t going to tell Dean that. “What makes you think that?” I asked oliviously, staring back at him wearily and neutralizing my fiery attitude.

A cocky smirk fell upon his face, snickering hysterically. “Now you speak-” he said in a sarcastic tone, flailing his arms in the air wildly. “Look, whatever it is that you two are up to, just leave me out of it; whether you’re scheming against me or just like giving me the silent treatment, it’s probably best I do this on my own.”

“Dean, we’re not…”

“It’s okay,” he interrupted, opening the front door again. “Once I burn Oliver’s corpse, we’ll be outta here in no time. Our job will be done and we're off to the next.” And with that, the door slammed shut behind him, leaving an eerie silence back in the room. If it wasn’t one Winchester it was the other. It's not that he really cared if we actually were talking about him behind his back, but I guess he was just in one of his moods again. I wish there was some way I could have pulled him for a rough, passionate kiss so he could stop babbling foolishly... if only Sam wasn’t in the room. Why did things have to be so complicated?

I sighed, rolling my eyes as I shook my head once I heard the Impala’s purring engine disappearing down the North Carolina streets. A few hours ago you have Dean being his usual cocky, sexual self and then now he’s acting like a complete ass. He needed a major attitude adjustment, because his sanity was driving me nuts.

My eyes gazed across at Sam, who was intently giving me an unusual perplexed stare as if he was thinking of something to say. “Kayla,” he began to announce as he jolted up from his seat, pacing back and fourth the room aimlessly. “I know you’re going to hound me until the next Ice Age if I don’t tell you the truth, so I better do it now while I still have the willpower.” Willpower- what exactly was he getting at? Was it more serious of a situation than I thought that was bothering him?

“Okay…” I responded uncannily, wondering which direction this could be leading to. A part of me believed that he was missing Jess more than he’d like to admit, while the other part of me wasn’t quite sure. Gosh, I hated surprises.

Sam stopped and stood in front of me as caught a glimpse of the worry in his eyes. “First answer this,” he stated, “the night back in Florida on the beach- what was that for?”

“What was what for?” I questioned as if I didn't already know he meant the kiss. If Sam was going to say that it was leaving him confused, I wouldn’t blame him if that is what's irritating him. Then again, his distant approach had been with him for over a couple years now, so there was more to the conflict than what I was observing.

“You know damn well what I’m talking about.” His voice rose a little more in anger, which sort of startled me since I wasn’t expecting that from him. That’s when I started to reminisce back to that night…

…"Eh- you know, I better go see what's taking Dean so long," Sam cut into my thoughts as he started to get up off the sand, until I grabbed his hand and pulled him down until our lips collided like the Titanic and a fluke iceberg that came up out of nowhere. A frigid breeze swept by when placed my hands around Sam's neck, moving up to only get tangled in his mop, brown hair. I felt a smile form on his lips as he pushed me back gently on the cool, soft sand. His hand grazing down my side and gripping onto the hem of my striped-shirt; I didn't want to be the one to push away…

“Sam, I- I’m honestly not sure. Something deep inside me was telling me to...” That wasn't a lie. It was a weird urge that I felt needed to be done, was that such a crime?

His voice lowered into more of a calming, nervous tone. “I like you, Kay-like really like you and you’re telling me that you don’t know?”

My mind completely froze, as my jaw dropped to my lap. Did he really just say that? Sam Winchester actually likes me- really likes me? I must not have cleaned out my ears this month... pinch me, I know I’ve gotta be dreaming.

“Wait, you like me?” I asked awkwardly, slowly pushing myself out of my seat to stand face to face with him.

His bluish-gray eyes had that strange, dazzling twinkle in his eyes as he snickered lightly. “Uh- yeah.”

Wow, talk about wake up call. I never would have thought that he'd say something like, nor did I expect this to be something bothering a man like himself. It actually made me feel ultimately giddy inside, like one of those crazy fan girls at a Justin Bieber concert- and that's just plain scary when I thought about it. “I don’t know what to say,” except for the fact that now I want to kiss those lips more than ever...

“You don’t have to say anything. I need to get it off my chest so there- you happy?”

“Oh, just shut up and kiss me already.” I grinned, wrapping my arms around his neck. Sam smiled vibrantly, leaning in and pressing his lips against mine as I felt the volcano exploding inside of me… could I get anymore cliché?
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of short... but guess what?
Actually, I won't tell you; you can probably guess where this is going :)
Comment/Suscribe, thank you