Status: Under Contruction process. (Ch. 1-4 complete)

Dead End Signs and Wasted Land

Who Told You Life Wasn't Worth The Fight?

After high-tailing it out of a crime scene, Dean let Sam drive the Impala to a cheap motel room just off of I-4. When I say cheap, I mean not in just cash value. I meant the appearance and facilities had a lot to be desired.
As Dean and I went into the office to pay for the room, Sam stayed back with the car.

"Thank you, uh- Miss. Jennifer Lopez," The older woman behind the counter beamed back at me with her beady gray eyes. I nodded and walked out out lobby with Dean trailing close behind.

"Jennifer Lopez, huh? That woman is a babe," Dean exclaimed with a cheeky grin on his face. I rolled my eyes as we swiftly retrieved our bags from the Impala and went to go find our room.

During that whole process, I kept getting flashbacks of my family. Endless winters spent there in Florida; it seemed just like yesterday we were roaming the outskirts of town, anxious to step foot into the small world. My eyes wandered the vacant lot, staring at a family getting into a silver mini van, excitement glistening off their faces, most likely on their way to Walt Disney World for the first time in their life; this really struck a knife through my heart.

"I get dibs on this bed," Sam called out, tossing his bag on the bed closest to the door.

Dean grinned, rushing to the bed closest to the bathroom. "I call the other!"

I just shook my head and sighed, placing my bags on the worn-out couch, which seemed as if these people dug it out of a junkyard. I didn't even trust putting my own weight on it. "Whatever," was the only response I gave.

"Oh don't be such a priss. You can have this bed if you want." Sam told me, moving his bags with mine.

I shook my head at him. "I don't care about that." I said harshly, taking a seat on the edge of the bed Sam had claimed, glaring back at the tacky, brown carpet.

"But I bet I know what is bothering you," Dean replied, as he laid back on his bed, glancing over at me. "Ever since we mentioned that we had a case here, you haven't been yourself. The glassy look in your eyes, the pale color to your usual glowing face-"

"Okay, I get it!" I snapped back at him, frustrated at how well he knew exactly what was going on with me. "So maybe I am a tad irritated we have a case in a place where I spent a quarter of every year with my family ever since I was four." I sighed softly and closed my eyes, as Sam took a seat beside me on the bed. "I just want this hunt to be over so we can leave this town for good and never come back. That's what I had always hoped for..."

There was a moment of silence. I threw myself back on the bed, opening my eyes again once I heard Sam's voice telling me, "I know how you feel... pretty shitty, huh?" I shrugged my shoulders as he continued. If he only knew... "I felt the same way when Jess and Dad died. Heck, that was the worst days of my life. I felt like things couldn't get any worse."
I didn't respond. Dean turned to look at me.

"What are you going to do if we have to go back to your hometown?" He added sternly. "The chance to kill the thing that got them in the first place? Remember I told you how Sam and I had to go back to Lawrence? We've been through it already-"

"Except you didn't kill the damn yellow-eyed demon while you were there," I stated with bitterness, glancing over at him.

Dean frowned and ignored my negative attitude. I know my mood swings occured often, but to just ignore them was pretty impressive. I guess over the years he's just learned to tone it out.

"Well, eventually we did..." He continued firmly. "I'll say the same thing I told Sam years ago, even though I'm sure you aren't going to like it, but your parents and your brother, they're gone and they aren't coming back."

My eyes widened as I rotated my body, propping myself up on my elbow to face Dean once more. "I'm quite aware of that, Dean! Thank you very much for rubbing that in my face!" I hissed coldly. I got up off the bed, but stopped quickly to turn and face him again. "If you seriously think that trying to sink it in my head that they are gone forever is going to make me forget and move on, you're sadly mistaken. I mean how am I supposed to feel after whatever it was took my entire family, the only people I ever knew and loved; the people that protected me and cared back. Damn it, it feels like a hole is burning inside me right now talking about this. I can't deal with this shit."

I stomped off into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me. I slid back against the door until I landed on the cold tile floor, bringing my knees to my chest while resting my head against them, pouting. I hated when they thought they could pull me back to reality, but in reality- they can't do jack shit. I felt so helpless, that I was actually waiting for one of them to knock on the door to comfort me so I could get a hug, but neither Sam nor Dean came to the rescue. I assumed they thought it was best that I had my space. I respected that.

After about forty-five minutes of crying my eyes out, I decided I should get a nice hot shower to calm me down, and it did. The hot beads pounding on my bare back really loosened my tense muscles. I changed into my pajama's and slowly opened the bathroom door, as it squeaked obnoxiously loud. I saw the light of the TV flickering as I observed it getting dark quickly outside. I noticed Dean wasn't in the room, but to see Sam in front of my purple Apple laptop at the table in one corner of the room; not really sure why he was using mine and not his own, but I didn't mind.

"Hey," he half smiled, looking up from the laptop. "I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't realize you were in a bad mood. You can still have the bed if you want?"

I softly snickered, as I walked over to him. "It's okay, besides I don't really trust that couch. Could I possibly just share with you?" I said awkwardly. The thought of me asking to share a bed with a Winchester... I don't know. I found it.. odd.

He nodded. "Of course," and gestured me to sit down in the seat beside him; I did. "Oh, and about Dean... yeah he just really cares about you, we both do. I could probably say for the two of us that seeing you in grief makes us feel like play dough."

"But I like play dough," I recalled with a smile. Sam laughed at my silly comeback.

"Well, either way, you hollering at Dean made him feel like hell, so that's why he's not here. He had to get out for awhile."

"I didn't mean to snap at him like that."

"You kind of did, but Dean just needs to cool off like you needed to be alone." I sighed as Sam pulled me in for a hug. I hugged him back. He was so warm and I didn't wanna let go. "It's okay. We have all been through a lot. We're all in this together, so we're going to argue over these things and attempt as much as possible to make things right."

I didn't reply, because I was so lost in thought. The weirdest part of it all was that it was about Sam and Dean, about how attractive these two were and I haven't fallen for them yet. I was beginning to think I was a lesbian. Eh- no, I'm usually a boy whore and not in the wrong way. Maybe it's because they have been more like big brothers than lovers? Ugh, why was I so worried about it!

Abruptly, a loud thumping noise came from outside the building, followed by a bunch of shouting, one of them I recognized was Dean's voice. I quickly got up and started to pace to the window when Sam grasped onto my wrist to stop me.

"What are you doing?" he whispered with a confused look on his face.

"Dean is out there. I wanna see what's going on." I replied, staring at him with the same look.

"Do you think that's wise?"

"Why wouldn't it be? Dean could be in trouble."

"And what if he's not and it's a trap? That's the risk you're going to take?"

"Yes," I said bluntly as Sam paused, staring at me and smirked.

"Since when did you become so fearless and always have to be right?" he asked, getting up out of his chair, letting go of my wrist.

I snickered softly. "I think it's because I've been around you two too long, and I'm not always right. I'd risk my life for my two favorite men."

"And we'd risk ours for you," he stated, beaming back and resting a hand on my shoulder.

Suddenly, we heard gun shots startling the two of us.

"Oh God, please don't let it be Dean!" I cried, as we both grabbed our guns and raced out the door, ready to fire. We both noticed right away a badly battered Dean, lying motionless next to the Impala.

"DEAN!" Sam shouted, as he rushed to his side to aid him. I shortly followed. Crouching down beside him, Dean winces in pain, observing his minor cuts on his face, torn and tattered clothes, which revealed blood that was oozing from the wounds.

"Dean," I cried in concern, "What happened?"

He looked at me, but no answer.

"Who did this to you?" Sam demanded his brother for a response, but all he did was look at him too. "Dean, answer me!"

Sam and I helped Dean up as he yelped out in pain. God, I hated seeing them in pain, especially this bad. "I think we've got ourselves two cases at once." he said in a groggy voice, clenching his side.

"What do you mean two cases at once?" I questioned, resting him on a chair by the table.

Dean was breathing awful heavy, trying to catch his breathe as he began to speak. "Vampires, Sam they've got a whole new clan!"

"What?!" Sam screeched as I went to go get the first aid kit and towels to clean Dean up. "But I thought that we-"

I saw Dean shake his head as soon as I walked in with the kit. "No, remember we let some go?"

Sam hung his head in his hand. "Damn it," he mumbled under his breath. "What the hell are we going to do now?"

I began cleaning off the cuts around Dean's eye. He stared at me, wearily. I grew worried. "Dean? What is it? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Dean flinched as the alcohol to clean the wound touched his open skin. "Kat, they want you. They told me that if we don't hand you over to them, others will die, starting tonight."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun... dun....... DUN!!!!
Okay, so we're getting flashbacks and a glimpse of a whole new hunt. Have any ideas? Well, all I'm going to say is it's going to get more suspenseful now. Thanks for everyone that's reading! =]