Status: Under Contruction process. (Ch. 1-4 complete)

Dead End Signs and Wasted Land

Sometimes You Don't Know What To Do

Hearing those words, stung the pit of my stomach. Did he seriously say that these vampires want me, or others will die?

"Why?" was all that I could come up with, looking at Dean scared and trying to clean his wounds down his chest. I helped him take off his jacket that was still in one piece, and pulled the tattered shirt over his head, revealing his chiseled feature. I half swallowed my tongue noticing how amazingly built he was. I just wanted to throw myself at him it was that tempting, but I managed to control myself. Dean smirked at me, most likely observing the look on my face, but I ignored him as I continued cleaning him up, then started stitching him up, which I had only learned to do from my mother. I could only imagine what was going through his mind.

He blinked a couple times before answering me, "From the way it sounds, they were the ones who killed your family but I don't know a hundred percent."

I watched as Dean flinched, as I started sewing him up. "Sorry," I murmured softly, as he just nodded. "Sam, can you go out in the car and grab me the extra bandages out of the car. I realize I don't have enough here."

I turned to Sam as he was sitting on his bed in a daze, until something snapped him out of it. "Uh- yeah; be right back," he replied, getting up off the bed and head for the door.

"Hey Sam," I said, getting up from kneeling beside Dean. He turned around swiftly, staring at me blankly. "Be careful." He nodded with a half smile and went out the door.

I don't know if it was just me or what, but Sam seemed a bit out there, like something was wrong. I was going to ask him later on, but not around Dean. Dean sometimes ruined moments between Sam and I when we just needed to talk things out about random things in our past, or the present.

Dean got up off the chair and stared at me, grinning. "I saw you staring at me." I gave him a look that meant, 'you don't know what you're talking about,' and paced over to my laptop on the other end of the oval table. "You think I'm hot, don't you?"

"What ever gave you that impression?" I replied, staring into my laptop screen where Sam had websites for the case we originally came here for.

He closed my laptop and leaned in close to my face, making me uncomfortable and the air being extremely stuffy. "You don't have to beat around the bush. I saw the look on your face."

I hesitated, keeping my eyes on his the entire time as he did the same. "I was grossed out by your wounds. I don't see how you consider that, attractive?"

"Uh huh, sure that's what you were thinking. I'm not going to freak out if you think I'm attractive, every girl does." he stated, picking out another shirt from his bag.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, you would say something like that. You're such a player."

"Hey, like I've said before it's a good time."

"It's called, get a life."

"You are so jealous."

"Of what?"

Dean paced across the room and stopped in front of me, smirking. "Because I can do this," he stated, before crashing his lips against mine. I almost stumbled over the bed, but Dean wrapped an arm around my waist roughly, while the other hand was on the side of my face. My hands traveled across his bare muscular chest, as one of my hands made its way into his hair, playfully. I felt like I was dreaming. As Dean pulled away, my lips were still pursed, looking at him wild-eyed. "And you can't," he finished his sentence before walking back over to his bed.

Just when I was about to ask why he even did that, because that really had nothing to do with what we were talking about... I think anyway, but that's when Sam walked in the door, looking at Dean and I awkwardly.

"I don't need those damn things. I think Kayla stitched me up quite nicely, don't you think?" Dean declared, showing Sam and I my handy work.

Sam nodded and placed the bandages on the table. Dean glanced over at me after he crawled under the covers in his bed, as I just rolled my eyes going into the bed Sam and I were sharing. I had only realized then that Sam was stripping down to just his boxers, before he shut of the lights.

"Night," Sam whispered to me, laying on his back.

"Night," I whispered back, before flipping around with my back facing him.

I stared at the window. Oh God it was going to be an uncomfortable night.

_-_-_-_-_

Sam woke both Dean and I, who were sleeping peacefully in our beds. I pulled the covers over my head, blocking the sunlight from the window Sam had opened. That's when I heard my iTunes playlist on my laptop being played. "On Top Of The World" by Boys Like Girls; of all songs that one had to play. Thanks Sam.

"What time is it?" Dean said, groggily.

"5:45," he replied casually, as he pulled the covers off me noticing he was in his hunting gear.

I groaned loudly. "God damn it Sam!" I mumbled into my pillow. "How many times do I need to tell you that I need my sleep!!"

"Yeah, why are you so... in a hurry anyways?" Dean questioned, sitting on the edge of his bed. Was it me or does he sound super sexy in the morning? Oh my God, shut up!

"I found out about Jazmynn. She's buried in a cemetery off of I-4." Sam explained.

"I don't care," I complained, turning the opposite direction of Sam's gaze. "It doesn't have to be so fuckin' early!"

Sam didn't say anything but before I thought he had given up and let me sleep, I felt his strong arms wrap around me and slinging me over his shoulder.

"What the fuck, Sam!? Put me down!" I hollered, widening my eyes. I started kicking and flailing my arms, hoping he would let me go. It did no good. Dean was standing in front of him, as I could see since I was practically upside down. He looked from me to Sam, baffled. "Sam," I said again, crossing my arms over my chest. "I'm not even wearing the right attire for the public."

I noticed him glancing over his shoulder at me and sighed. "Good point," he replied, staring back at Dean. "Dean, grab her hunting gear, while I take her out to the car."

Dean laughed as Sam walked out the door and to the car, still with me over his shoulder. I didn't bother to fight, because I knew that he had already won this one. Sam opened the passenger side back door and settled me down on the seat.

I gave him the stink eye, murmuring, "You're a jackass."

"Awh, I love you too Kayla!" He beamed back at me brightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter! Yay! Hope you all enjoying it as much as I am.
And what's up with that kiss, Dean? hmm- do you think he meant it, or was just proving a point?
You'll find out soon =]