Status: Under Contruction process. (Ch. 1-4 complete)

Dead End Signs and Wasted Land

Can You Feel Me? I'm Closer Than Close

"Why is this bitch spirit still around?" Dean asked, pacing the room trying to think of something that might have went wrong.

"We must have missed something," Sam replied, moving away from the wall and I to put his jeans on. I have to admit, seeing both of these brothers before my eyes, only in their boxers was driving my hormones absolutely insane.

Dean and I stared at Sam, blankly before saying in unison, "Thanks Captain Obvious."

He just sighed, until I saw his eyes lit up as he was putting his shirt over his head. "Hey Dean, remember when we did that case that involved that creepy painting?"

"You mean where you and that Sarah girl had a fling? Oh yeah- I remember that." Dean smirked at his brother, as I held a hand over my mouth not to laugh at the annoyed expression from Sam.

He sighed and ignored Dean's remark. "Well, maybe something as simple as her hair is still out there to be burned."

I looked at him, skeptical on what Sam said but Dean seemed like he was right. Of course, I wouldn't know because I wasn't there when that case went on, but it must have been before I came into the picture. The brothers quickly got ready without informing me what was going on.

"Hey, don't let me in on anything that's okay," I said in a sarcastic tone, as I came out of the bathroom in my hunting gear since the boys were too. It was around 3 am, but that didn't stop the Winchester's from solving a case.

They both turned to me, then at each other and back to me. "Sam is going to every local antique doll shop, while I'm going to find out where Jazmynn's parents live for questioning."

None of this was jiving in my thick skull. "Okay, so what about me? It's the middle of the night. Nobody is going to be in the stores and most likely her parents are asleep like every other human being around here should be. Plus on top of all that, Sam, why would you be going to an antique doll shop if the girl only died over two years ago?"

"That doesn't mean anything," Sam stated to the last question.

"What's with the 20 questions? You almost got sliced up, you shouldn't be worried about questions if you don't want it to actually happen this time around." Dean informed, tossing me my weapons as I tucked them in my boots.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm quite aware of that, thank you. At least tell me that you're smart enough not to let me behind."

Dean opened the room door, glancing back at me and Sam standing next to each other. "We are smarter than that, you can choose who want to go along with in the car, but right now we don't have time to argue. We need to hunt this little bitch down."

_-_-_-_-_

I decided on hooking with Dean on this one. I trusted Sam on his own more than Dean, even if Sam was breaking and entering into antique shops where he could get himself arrested. Then again, we were stopping by the girl's parents home in the middle of the night; that sounds pretty creepy and wouldn't doubt if people were already getting suspicious of a '67 Chevy Impala driving around a private neighborhood.

"I can't believe you don't trust me," Dean blurt out to me, as we got out of his car.

I shook my head. "Gee, maybe because you aren't trusted and you ramble on without thinking first."

Dean and I walked up to the front door, glancing at each other for 'hope' we could figure something out. He leaned across me to ring the doorbell. No answer. Rang it again. Still, no answer. I grew slightly concerned, but then I thought to myself, 'of course, anybody in their right mind wouldn't answer their door in the middle of the night, especially when it's someone they don't know.

"You got your pocket knife? I'm gonna pick the lock." Dean whispered to me, holding his hand out in front of me.

My eyes widened. "Are you fucking crazy? It's bad enough your brother is breaking into stores but you breaking into a house? No."

"Come on, Kayla," he pleaded, grabbing a hold of my wrists and turning me to look him in the eyes. "I'm doing this for your sake. Sam is doing this for your sake. We don't want you or anyone else to get hurt by this psycho bitch that's out for revenge. She's killing innocent people and I am sure as hell not going to let her hurt you too."

"What's that supposed to me?" I asked, curiously because I wasn't sure I was understanding his explanation.

Dean shook his head, confused. "What's what mean?"

"About you not wanting me to get hurt-"

"I don't want you to get hurt. I care about you. I'm trying to protect you."

"Can you just make one thing clear for me?"

"What?"

"The other night when you were proving to me that I was jealous of you."

"That was nothing. Just a simple way of trying to get you to spill that you think I'm attractive."

"Even if I did find you attractive, that doesn't mean you need to kiss me."

"You enjoyed it, didn't you?"

I veered my eyes away from his. I didn't want to give in that I actually thought it was undeniably amazing. Why would I mention that to him? He's a sick pervert, who I see as a brother, not a future boyfriend or crush for that matter.

"Ha- I knew it," Dean smirked, pointing a finger at me.

I growled at him in annoyance. "Just shut up. Here." I handed him my pocket knife, not making eye contact with him. I could feel his eyes on me, as a smile grew on his face. I seriously wanted to punch him to vanish that grin.

Dean picked the lock in a matter of thirty seconds, a new record time; that's quite scary. We took out our flashlights and guns, as he kicked open the door. The house seemed vacant, but there was a car in the driveway. We knew right away something wasn't right with that picture. Suddenly, the door slammed shut as soon as we were in the house. I jumped and clung onto Dean's jacket. I noticed him attempting not to laugh.

I hastily jerked away from him. "Bite me," I murmured, walking passed him down a long corridor.

"I like when you talk dirty to me," Dean stated coming up behind me. I rolled my eyes. I knew if I came up with a come back he would only switch my words around. No doubt.

Pacing down the hallway, there was a flight of stairs that lead to the second floor. There were four doors; bathroom, closet, parent's room, and Jazmynn's old room. With caution, we walked over to the parents room, door closed. I glanced at Dean, worriedly. He nodded for me to open it, so I did. Grasping my hand on the handle, I turned it slowly as Dean kicked it open roughly, obviously impatient. We shined our flashlights at the bed to reveal two helpless, bloody bodies. I cringed at the sight of seeing their throats slit and eyes still wide open in shock.

"Why would she kill her own parents?" I questioned, as Dean and I stared at the murder scene.

Dean shrugged his shoulders. "Beats me, maybe she had family issues and felt like she needed to get rid of them." He explained, walking the opposite direction towards Jazmynn's room.

I quickly followed close behind him. "This is worse than an episode of Criminal Minds." I declared, thinking of a popular crime show I used to watch all the time; always bloody and so much mystery.

"Welcome to the world of demon hunting," Dean stated, pacing down the corridor. I nodded to myself, knowing how right he really was.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm surprised I haven't had any comments yet. The good or the bad.
Oh well I guess. It's weird, every time I write another chapter, I feel like there's always something creeping on me. Bizarre much?
Anyway, hope you all are enjoying this. There are some parts that come up aren't really mentioned again yet, but this story is far from over so you'll see why I waited until then. =]