Status: Under Contruction process. (Ch. 1-4 complete)

Dead End Signs and Wasted Land

It's Like A River That's So Wide, It Swallows You Whole

I heard the door slam shut. I didn't know what to expect next. Did Keith believe them or was he standing out there, waiting for me to come out and show myself? I mean, I haven't talked to him in almost six years and all of a sudden he just shows up. I didn't give any trace to where I've been all these years, nor have I let anybody know why.

"Kayla, you can come out now?" Dean said right outside of the bathroom door. I opened it slowly, still uneasy of the thought of Keith possibly being in the room. A sigh of relief passed by to see Dean in front of me, and Sam standing behind him. Dean shot me a stern look. "What the hell would your ex be asking for you? Have you kept in contact after you broke up?"

I held my breath before I spoke, walking around him. "I haven't kept in contact with anyone since my parents died and I went with you. Him of all people I can't see looking for me; plus, I have no idea how he would know where I am."

Dean snapped his head around to face me again. "Kayla c'mon! He had to find out some way. He didn't just look you up in a public directory to find out that you've been with us on the road for the past five years."

"HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW, DEAN!? Why do demons stumble across us? Maybe it's just a coincidence." I shot back angrily.

"One; that's a totally different concept. And two; we're usually out looking for them and they can sense us." Sam broke into the argument with his brother and I. "He told us that he need to talked to you. He wants to say that he didn't want you to get mad at him that night you two broke up."

I felt a hint of regret inside me, though I shouldn't be. Was I regretting not letting him talk to me? Shoot me now if I am. "What? He broke up with me and I'm supposed to not get mad or devastated because I had once believed that I was in love with him? He expects me to drop everything and get back together with him? Does he really think that I'm that gullible and would trust him after all he has done is lie to me from the very beginning."

"I don't know," Sam answered back, lost for words, "but he seemed pretty certain on getting to you. Dean was almost going to punch that guy, because he was demanding to see you."

"And why didn't you," I said turning to Dean, who was staring at me curiously.

"For one, I didn't know this kid. He could've had a gun, a knife, any kind of weapon. Plus, I wasn't sure if I should." He replied.

"Has that ever stopped you before?"

"No."

I rolled my eyes and throwing my arms in the air, about ready to start slamming objects against the wall I was so frustrated. "We're leaving here now."

"But what if-" Sam started to say, but I held my hand up to stop him from going any further. I knew what he was going to say. Keith might still be out there waiting for me. I had another plan in mind that I could avoid him, whether it would work I wasn't sure.

I glanced at the two Winchester's, thinking of a good plan. "Don't worry. We aren't going to run into him."

"What makes you so sure of that? He's desperate to talk to you. He's not going to give up like that." Dean declared, deepening his voice as he spoke up.

A grin came across my face. "Trust me, he isn't going to find me."

_-_-_-_-_

"Ugh, I'm never going to do that again. What the hell do you have in your bag that smells so raunchy?" I asked Dean, as I gasped for air right after Sam unzipped his bag to release me. Yes, I did hide in his duffel and no it wasn't easy knowing that I had such long legs, but it worked out better than I thought.

Sam laughed as Dean had a smirk on his face. "You don't want to know."

I rolled my eyes, as I crawled out of the bag quickly, realizing that Dean was only pulling out of the parking lot of the hotel. Note to self; never suggest going into a duffel bag owned by a Winchester to hide from somebody. Never know what will you'll encounter.

"So," I said sitting down on the black leather seat, zipping the bag back up. "Was he out there? Did he see us?"

"He saw us, just not you. I'm surprised the dude didn't come up to us asking for you again, or maybe he wasn't stupid enough to realize that you were hiding out in my bag." Dean informed nonchalant, glancing at me in his rear view mirror.

I sighed loudly. Keith wasn't stupid that's for sure, not certain on if he could figure out that I was in a duffel bag and not a body bag. "I'm glad to be leaving this place." I stated, as I heard Dean snickering; Sam looking over his shoulder at me.

"We aren't done here, Kayla, far from it." Sam clarified, as I stared at him a bit puzzled.

Dean spoke up with a serious tone, keeping his gaze away from me. "Kayla, those vampires the other day weren't joking around when they said they want you. We're going to hunt those bastards down until we know that you are safe. We aren't taking any chances."

I growled at the thought of having to be here longer yet. "So, then where are we going if we already checked out of the hotel? No matter where we go, I'm sure they'll find us."

Sam averted his eyes from the road to me. "Right now, it's a surprise so you can just chillax awhile. You'll see once we get there."

"Chillax? Really Sam? How can I "chillax" if it's such a surprise and you won't tell me where we're going?" I retorted, using air quotes around 'chillax.

Dean snickered quietly before saying, "Hence the word surprise."

Sam smirked at his brother as i just rolled my eyes. This secretive stuff really irritated me. It was different if I was going to surprise one of them, but no its always got to be me. It took us about an hour to get across Orlando, since we hit the lunch rush hour. I sighed once we entered Lake Buena Vista, passing all the Disney stores and resorts. I closed my eyes for a moment as memories of my family and I start flooding back:

"Oh, oh, oh, go totally crazy--forget I'm a lady
Men's shirts--short skirts
Oh, oh, oh, really go wild--yeah, doin' it in style
Oh, oh, oh, get in the action--feel the attraction
Color my hair--do what I dare
Oh, oh, oh, I wanna be free--yeah, to feel the way I feel
Man! I feel like a woman!"

I sang along to the entire song by Shania Twain. Her entire "Come On Over" cd was like the soundtrack every time we went to Florida. Don't ask me why, but it was a tradition and I loved it.

"Mommy," I said when I was only four years old, sitting in the car waiting to reach our destination to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. "Are we there yet?"

She looked back at him me from the passenger side and smiled back at me. "No, not yet sweetie."

"We'll be there shortly," my dad replied sternly from the driver seat.

Once we got there and we hopped on the ferry to get across the lake, to actually go into the park I was astonished by the sight of Cinderella's castle, the many resorts we saw along the way; I felt like I was in a dream...


"Kayla," Sam said, as Dean was waving his hand out in front of me. I gazed up at them shaking my head and waking up to reality, not my dream world. I noticed that they were now sitting beside me in the back seat. "You okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded, glancing out my window to see that we were at Downtown Disney. My heart felt like it stopped beating for about a minute. "Why?" I asked in a regretful tone, closing my eyes and covering them in my hands.

"It's going to be fine," Sam said calmly, brushing my hair with his hand.

"Fine? Really? Who's bright idea was this anyway?" I questioned with tears running down my face. "You both know how much I hate this place."

"You keep telling yourself that, cowgirl," Dean replied as a small grin appeared on his face. "You'll thank me later."

I looked at him about ready to punch him, but Sam grabbed my arm and guided me out of the car after Dean got out. I was so not in the mood for anything happy anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the best chapter, you'll probably find the next one more entertaining and other stuff. I'm not going to spoil it. lol
At least one comment for me to continue please. Thank you =]