Stone Door

Crash Landing

"I'm gonna die". That's the thought that was echoing through my head. Along with it was the now dulled thumping of the noise. Thump da-thump. Over and over again; like the beating of a ceremonial drum before the sacrifice.
Falling, falling, was this ever going to end? Was I going to die falling into eternity? I looked around me as I fell for some sort of handhold, but there was none. Only darkness. The noise had dulled to the point where it sounded more like my heart beating, fighting to escape my chest and leave me empty and cold.
Suddenly, there was a scream! The thumping stopped. Like the world was frozen. I saw something glowing in the distance. There was a bright white flash and I blacked out.

---

Falling! "No!" I screamed, "NO NO NO!". I bolted upright and looked around. I was lying on the ground in Grandma's house. "It was just a dream then" I looked around. Everything was excitably as it should be.
Then a thought ran through my mind. "Sam". I bolted up and sprinted up the stairs. Each step uttering a pained creak as my foot slammed down on it. "Please be there, please oh please.". The stairs seemed like they had stretched to three times their size so I couldn't reach him.
I reached his room and pulled open the door. Actually, I TRIED to open the door. I couldn't grab the handle! Repeatedly I tried to grab it but I couldn't! It's like my hand went right through it! Whats going on!
I looked down at my hands. The looked normal. I tried slowly this time. Yes, my hand most DEFIANTLY went through the handle. The world started to spin.
The realization hit me that "I'm dead" I gasped. I fell against the wall. How could this happen. I gasped for breath. The room was turning and twisting. I spun and twisted as it controlled me, like a leaf in the storm.
I heard a door open. I turned and saw myself walking out of Sam's room. "Good night Sam" said the other me. I stared awestruck. There was no mistaking it! That was me! I decided I had to see if it was true.
I walked down the stairs and saw myself. "Three times a number is...." I stopped midway down the stairs. The noise was going to happen any second now! I could find Sam! I sprinted back up the stairs and to Sam's door. THUMP! I was at his door when the first noise
happened.
I looked at the wooden door. The worn wood and the brass handle where taunting me. I couldn't open the door!
TUMP DA-THUMP!
It was worse being right next to it. The noise was echoing through my mind. Knowing I could do nothing I was forced to sit and watch.
THUMP DA-THUMP THUMP!
I would be coming up the stairs at any second now.
THUMP DA-THUMP THUMP THUMP!
Suddenly I felt very cold. Like someone had opened a window.
THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP!
Something wrapped around my arm and started pulling me back.
Thump. Thump. Da-thump.
The noise was getting quieter and being replaced by a new noise, but I was to focused on trying to escape the invisible hands grabbing at me from all sides.
Thump. Thump. Thump.
Then there was a low hiss; like a giant snake. I felt something coil around my waist and squeeze the air out of my lungs. A raspy voice spoke.
"Sssssaaaammmm issss miihhnnnneeee"
It sounded out each syllable. Elongating them until they matched the low hissing coming from Sam's room. The grip around my waist tightened. I couldn't breathe! I was going to be strangled to death by an invisible creature. "Not....this...time" I gasped. I reached out and found one of the cold hands.
It pulled at me. I was almost free! I could feel the air starting to filter back into my lungs.
"Ohhhh nooo youuu dooonnn'tttttt" Hissed the voice.
The things grip tightened and started pulling me back. I fought but the world was fading. The edges of my vision becoming a wispy white then, darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah this chapter was REALLY short but I couldn't think of anything else. Yes, I am aware that the same thing happens pretty much each chapter so far but I LIKE IT! Also, does anyone know how to do bold and italics? I cant figure it out. I'll try harder on my next chapter. Constructive Comments please :)