Stone Door

Burning

“I am Sam!” Those words echoing through my head. That couldn't’t be Sam! This -this MONSTER- isn’t Sam! Sam is so sweet and caring! He loves everyone he meets and they love him back! I denied it with every ounce of strength I had left. “You’re not Sam.” my voice was hardly even a whisper.
The “man” (I’m not sure what else to call him) smiled at me. “What? Speak up Kimmy! I couldn't’t hear you!” I glared at him, as if I thought I could make him just disappear if I stared long enough. “YOU’RE NOT SAM!” my voice bounced off the walls, creating an erie echo. He laughed again. “What makes you say that Kimmy?”, he almost looked...hurt .....as he said this, “Just because I WAS sweet and innocent back then, that doesn’t mean I STAY that way!” He grinned a sinister grin. “For ‘old times sake’ I’ll kill you slowly!”
He took a few steps back and was engulfed in flames! I screamed. The fire spread, tearing through the darkness. I struggled to escape from the chair, but the serpents didn’t budge!
The fire licked at the feet of my chair. They got closer and closer. I tried to pull away! “I’m going to die.” , tears welled up in my eyes, “I can’t save Sam!” I fought back the urge to sob. The snakes wrapped around my legs burst into flames! I didn't make a sound.
The snake coiled around my torso looked up at me and....smiled! The tail began to heat up and started on fire. Slowly, the fire spread up its long, scaly body; burning my skin and clothes as it went. I didn't make a sound. My eyes began to water, I couldn't take much more.
The snakes head was wrapped around my neck. I heard it begin to hiss."Good-bye Kimmya". Then the entire thing was engulfed in flames. I felt the skin on my neck burning away.I couldn't take it. I broke down. I screamed a blood curdling scream.
- - -
Beep.....Beep......Beep......The sound of the monitor next to me disturbed my sleep. I tried not roll over and sleep again but, when I did, a sharp pain shot up my arm. I looked down at it. My entire body was covered in bandages!
I shifted to the side (as much as I could) and saw my mother and brother asleep in the dark green hospital chairs. "What happened?" I thought aloud. I didn't remember anything before just a second ago.
I looked around my room, hopping for some clue to my injuries. The ceiling, a dull gray tile pattern was obviously no help. Neither were the blue-ish floor tiles.
I kept looking. "There HAS to be SOMETHING!" There was nothing! The pale, teal curtain was pulled back to reveal an empty bed. "How can there be nothing???" Something was wrong.
Andy stirred and began to wake up. "Kimmya?" His little voice was raspy with sleep. "Hey Andy". He nudged mom. "Mommy! Kimmy's awake!". Mom sat up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes.
"Mom?" She looked up at me. "What happened to me?". Her face became contorted with worry. "You mean you don't remember?!?!" I nodded. She seemed honestly surprised! "Nothing." That was a lie. I remembered one thing. A laugh that made me feel like I had been buried in snow and ice! I didn't tell mom that though. Thought it would worry her too much.
"Well," she straightened up a bit, "You had gone to see your Grandmother. She had told you to prepare dinner while she did some shopping. We don't now much, but the doctors think it was a grease fire that spread and burnt the whole place down!" Mom stopped. "Sorry," she continued,"Its just that....well....we all thought that you where going to....going to die." She wiped her eyes on her worn old sweater."Your entire body was covered in burns and you lost a lot of skin." I stared at her in shock. I had been in a fire? That explained the pain when I moved and the bandages, but I still had one question. Who was that laughing man?
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I'm done with chapter 4...not sure though