Sparks Fly

Chapter Four

Sophie was sitting on Ellie's bed, watching her dig through her dresser in a frenzy.

“C'mon Ellie, we're gonna be late” she whined, throwing a shirt at her older sister's head.

“Sorry Sophie” She apologized, flopping back on her bed with a sigh of defeat. “I can't decide what to wear. You pick for me, then I'll change and we can go.” Sophie dug around in Ellie's drawers for a few minutes, then threw a dress at her. “Soph, I am not wearing a dress” Ellie insisted.

“If I have to then you have to” Sophie protested. Her dress was pink with a picture of Hello Kitty on the front. Ellie's was pink too, with a large grayscale floral print. “Yours is so pretty” Sophie pointed out, playing with the material on the skirt once Ellie had it on. It was a cute dress, sleeveless, and it showed off a shoulder tattoo that she had. She'd honestly forgotten that she owned it.

“Am I at least allowed to wear a hoodie with it?” Ellie asked, grumbling when Sophie shook her head.

“It's pretty outside. Here” Sophie stood on Ellie's bed and put a necklace on her - pearls. “Now let's GO” Sophie whined, grabbing Ellie's hand and dragging her out the door. Carlos had texted her earlier in the day, telling her the restaurant to meet him at. Ellie helped Sophie into the car, then prayed to God that Carlos had dressed sort of nice too. At least not wearing his hockey uniform or something.

So of course, when Ellie and Sophie walked into the restaurant, Carlos burst in right after they did. Wearing a black hockey helmet.

“Hey!” he gushed, stopping short when he saw Ellie's expression. “What?” Sophie burst into peals of laughter. Ellie reached over and removed the helmet from his head.

“Were you planning on hitting the rink after dinner?” Carlos groaned, taking the helmet from Ellie with a weak smile.

“Long day. Be right back.” He darted outside then returned, without the helmet, and a leather jacket on. “You look nice.”

“Thank you” Sophie cut in, grabbing Carlos' hand and dragging him off to a table.

“Be gentle with Carlos please, Sophie” Ellie called, stifling a laugh when Sophie settled next to Carlos in the booth. He didn't seem too phased, grinning at Ellie as she took her seat across from them. A waiter arrived at the table soon, asking for their drink orders.

“I'll have a coke, no ice” Ellie said, gesturing for Carlos to order.

“I'll have a sprite, and a lemonade for my girl here” Carlos added, Sophie exploding with giggles. Ellie raised an eyebrow, only to receive a wink. “Ellie's jealous of us” Carlos whispered loudly, Sophie still giggling.

“I would never be jealous of such a cute couple” Ellie said, winking at Sophie. Their drinks arrived, Sophie's needing a refill in a matter of minutes. She excused herself a few seconds later. Carlos peeked around the corner, then got up and nudged Ellie over so he could sit next to her instead. “Sophie is gonna be soooo mad at you” Ellie whispered, rolling her eyes when Carlos shushed her.

“She won't care. Sophie already likes me, and I'm trying to get you to like me.” Ellie blushed, bumping his shoulder with hers.

"I like you fine."

"Really?" Carlos nudged her knee with his, making them both blush and giggle. Sophie emerged from the bathroom and took her seat across from Carlos and Ellie. Like Carlos had said, she wasn't bothered at all.

“Feeling better Soph?” she looked up at Ellie and smiled, then looked over to Carlos. And Ellie knew he winked at Sophie, because she winked (exaggeratedly) back at him.

“Yep!” she chirped, squealing when the pizza finally arrived at their table. Ellie put some of the pizza on a plate for Sophie and she attacked it, despite the high temperature. The rest of dinner passed in comfortable silence, with occasional questions from Sophie.

Finally, right as it was about time for Sophie to go to bed, they arrived home. Carlos had insisted on following them, to make sure they got there safe. Sophie dragged herself into the house, mumbling about pajamas and pillows. Ellie opened the door to follow her little sister in, but hesitated with a smile when she heard Carlos' footsteps behind her.

“What now, Carlos?” Ellie asked, whirling around to face him as he shuffled up the steps.

“Thanks, Ellie, for letting me take you and Sophie out for pizza” he said. “My stupid band is gonna be really busy, so I'll be gone for a while, but I'll be back by Christmas.”

“Sophie will be upset about that” Ellie scolded, allowing herself to pout.

“I know. Tell her she can call my phone, anytime she wants.” It was only mid-September now. Christmas was a whole season away, but Ellie could already feel the cold coming on as she shivered. Carlos must've noticed, because he smiled and wrapped her in a hug. “I'll be back before you know it. Promise. And you can call my phone anytime, too.” She let out an over exaggerated sigh, tightening her arms around him.

“You better be. Hey, what's this stupid band of yours called anyhow?” Ellie felt Carlos laugh, and he pulled back just far enough to look her in the eyes. His breath ghosted her lips, her own breath caught in her throat while her heart rate tripled. His lips touched the corner of her mouth, and she just knew she was blushing even pinker than her dress.

“Big Time Rush.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I was gonna wait for more comments to post this, but I didn't get any, and I'm impatient. I've had this written for a few days and I just wanted to post it so bad. I'm just very fond of this story and I have LOTS of ideas for it!

Please leave comments? Or tell your friends, so I have more than four subscribers? There'll be a Christmas chapter soon, promise. Not next, but soon. <3