Sparks Fly

Chapter Six

The next day, being a Sunday, Sophie and Ellie watched every episode of Big Time Rush they could find. Ellie did her homework while Sophie drew, giggling at nearly everything Carlos said.

“Carlos is so silly on TV” she laughed, watching a superhero version of Carlos.

“Well, he's silly in real life too, don't you think?” Ellie replied, glancing up from her homework to watch for a minute or two.

“Not this silly. He should be this silly always.” Ellie rolled her eyes, deciding to watch the rest of the episode. It was, according to the TV, the last episode of the first season of Big Time Rush. How they hadn't found out about this earlier was beyond her. The next season was to air on Friday, which Sophie had already set the DVR to record.

The episode ended with a 'live performance' from Big Time Rush, and Ellie couldn't help but smile herself. They were really good. Their dancing was smooth, and they could actually sing, reminding her of the days when she was Sophie's age and loved the Backstreet Boys.

“Okay, that's enough TV for one day.” Sophie presented her with the picture she had drawn, which was, shockingly, of Big Time Rush.

“That one's my favorite” Sophie announced, pointing to the crayon version of James.

“Carlos isn't your favorite?” Sophie frowned at Ellie, shaking her head.

“No, we can't have the same favorite. Duh.” Ellie laughed, blushing as she led Sophie upstairs to attach the drawing to the fridge. “Send a picture to Carlos!” Sophie demanded, grabbing Ellie's phone out of her pocket. She handed the phone back to her, and Ellie sent the photo to Carlos. 'Sophie drew this picture of your band. She says James is her favorite.'

“Okay. So what do you want to do now?” It was only 3pm, plenty of time left in the day.

“Can we go shopping?” We both needed new pairs of jeans, so Ellie agreed.

The moment her phone rang was of course the same moment she was trying on clothes at Forever 21. “Hello?” She spluttered, after having dived for her phone to silence the Ghostbusters ringtone Sophie had set.

“Hey, Ellie!” Carlos' excited voice flowed through her ear, forcing her to smile, though the shirt she had just tried on fit like a potato sack. Forever 21 clothes rarely fit that well, but Sophie loved their kids clothing.

“Hi Carlos, what's up?” Ellie heard Sophie squeal from the dressing room next to her, ignoring her immediate knocking on the wall.

“We just got a lunch break, I saw the picture you sent me! I figured I'd call and apologize for not telling you about the show, because I feel bad.” At this point Sophie had crawled under the wall and was reaching for Ellie's phone the best she could.

“Yeah, Sophie and I were watching TV and I recognized the show title, so we decided to watch it. And then it was like oh hey, that guy looks sort of familiar.” Carlos laughed, Ellie could hear faint talking in the background. “Are you with the rest of your 'band' now?” She asked, Sophie's eyes lit up.

“Yep, like I said - lunch break! Why, is Sophie there? What are you guys up to? Does she want to talk to James?” Ellie nudged Sophie back to her dressing room, telling her to change back into her own clothes.

“Yeah, we're at the mall, shopping. She's not mad at you for not telling us, by the way, and neither am I.”

“Oh thank God.” Ellie giggled, Carlos' sigh of relief very audible. “I don't want you thinking I'm some hot shot celebrity who thinks they're better than everyone. Because I'm not.”

“No, I get it. Also, I probably would've freaked out, and not like 'OMG YOU'RE IN A BAND?!' Freak out like 'I don't want to talk to some guy who's some big deal from stupid Hollywood.'”

“Hollywood isn't stupid.”

“Oh no?” Sophie was knocking on Ellie's door, all ready to go. “Look we have to check out, call me back in ten, okay?”

“FINE” Carlos exaggerated, then Ellie hit end call and shoved her phone in her pocket. She gathered the clothes she wanted (and the ones that didn't fit as well as she'd hoped or were more expensive than she'd hoped), and proceeded with Sophie to the check out.

“You didn't let me talk to Carlos” Sophie pouted, handing Ellie the clothes she'd liked.

“Calm down Sophie, I just told him to call back in ten minutes.” She squealed and hugged her, bouncing all the way to the register. They paid, then, right as they left, Ellie's phone rang. “Hello?”

“Hi, is Sophie there?” Ellie furrowed her brow in confusion at the unknown voice.

“Uh yeah, she is, may I ask who's calling?”

“James, from Carlos' phone.” Ellie rolled her eyes and smiled, handing the phone to Sophie.

“Hello?” And then she was on the phone with James, and, from the sound of it, half the cast of the damn show, until they were almost done with lunch. “Ellie” she said, nudging her with her phone. “Carlos wants to talk to you.” Ellie smiled, accepting her phone back.

“Thanks Carlos. She's not gonna shut up about any of them now.”

“Well duh, you guys have to come visit us at the studio some time!” Ellie frowned, their studio was all the way out in LA.

“Carlos, we've only know you for a few months. I'm sorry, but I am not flying out to LA or whatever just to see you.” Sophie frowned at her older sister.

“Oh, well...” he sounded deflated, and Ellie instantly regretted being so blunt with him. “I mean, I wouldn't make you guys pay for it, I just think Sophie would like to see the studio. And I miss you guys, and I have to be in LA a lot for the show.”

“We'll see. I have to go, I'll talk to you later Carlos.” He said a soft spoken goodbye, and Sophie and Ellie climbed into the car.

"You need to be more nice to Carlos" Sophie frowned, looking out the window as they drove home.

"Sophie, we haven't known him that long. I don't know where this is going, or even where I want it to go. I just want us both to be careful." Sophie sighed and stared out the window, and ignored Ellie the rest of the way home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey wow I'm alive! Finally got my computer working again, and it's almost summer. Thank God. I'm trying to juggle my own love life as well as a job, but I love this story so I had to update. I'll try to post again soon, so please comment! :)