Sequel: His Savior

The New Assistant

The Daleks have come.

The Doctor was walking down the streets of a small town in Florida, trying to get far away from the bad memories of Donna.

Tears ran down his cheek as he heard someone call out.

"Hey, mister! Are you okay?!"

It sounded like a female voice, but he didn't want to look. The pit-pat of feet came after him, and a hand lay on his shoulder.

"Hey, are you okay?" the voice said, again.

He turned around, his face red from tears, and a sad expresion on his face. The girl was young, no younger than 14, though.

"What do you want?" he said, a little annoyed.

She laughed a little. "I thought you would know after asking two times. Do you need a place to stay? You're looking pretty bad."

He nodded his tear covered face, and let her take him by the hand to her house.

-----


She took him to an apartment complex, which had him suspicious.

"Hi, Mrs. Bartone," the girl said to the lady behind the desk.

"Oh, hello dear!" The lady then saw The Doctor, "Who's your friend?"

"Oh, just a guy."

"Take in another homless person, did you?" Mrs. Bartone shook her head, "One day, one of them is going to hurt you."

"Until then..." the girls said with a smile, and led The Doctor up-stairs.

-----


"Here we go. Home, sweet home. You know, for now." she said, opening the door with a flurish.

He peered around inside. "Where are your parents?"

"Orphan." she said bluntly, walking inside.

"Ah," He walked in after her.

"Okay, you hungry? I got..." she said while rifleing through her fridge, "Pizza, peanut-butter and jelly, hamburgurs, *gyros, cheese cubes, root-beer, and milk."

"Uh, pizza, please?"

"You got it." she said while pressing the buttons to pre-heat the oven. She walked back in the room. "I'm Mirna, by the way."

"I'm John Smith." he said oddly.

"Oh, come on." Mirna looked at him, not believeing a word of it, "I may be younger, but I don't believe your name is John Smith."

"How old are you?" he inquired.

"Forteen, but stop trying to change the subject."

He opend his mouth to retort, but the oven beeped.

"Oh, lemme go put the pizza in!"

He brethed a sigh of relief, and sat down on the sofa.

She walked back in, and sat down on the opposite side of the sofa.

"Your accent says you're pretty far from home." she stated.

Her eyes look so kind. he said to himself, I feel like I can open up to her. "I'm farther from home than you think.." he said lightly.

"How far?" She leaned forward with intrest.

"You wouldn't believe me." he said, turning away.

"Try me." Mirna smirked.

"Okay," He took a deep breath, "I'm from-"

He was interrupted by a flash, and a whirr outside.

"What the heck?!" She stood up, and looked out the window. Her eyes widened. "Don't. Freak. Out. But, there is a space-ship outside..."

He ran over to the window. "No, no, no!" he shouted, and ran his fingers through his hair.

"What?! What is it?!" she ran behind him, and grabbed his shoulder to turn him around.

"It's Dalek." The Doctor said, fear in his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think!
*Gyros are a greek taco seeming thing. Usually filled with lamb, and a mini-salad.