Sequel: His Savior

The New Assistant

Give me the ablity to change what I can, and accept what I can't.

"All of time and space at your fingertips, Mirna. Where do you want to start?" The Doctor asked.

Mirna heard her belly rumble. "How about a place with food?"

"Good choice." he said, hearing his belly rumble as well.

"Ooh! How about italian? We could actually have it at Italy!"

He laughed. "Pompeii?"

"Awesome."

He started pressing buttons, and fliping switches. He pressed the wrong button for the time, so it sent them farther forward than he wanted to.

"Okay! We're there!"

Mirna ran to the doors, and flung them open. She was horrified by what she saw: Pompeii going down in flames.

He ran over to her, and turned her head away. "I'm so sorry. I must have pressed the wrong button." he said, tears starting to form.

"We have to save them!" she shouted, running outside.

"No, we can't." He hung his head.

She whipped her head around. "They're dying! Do something! Save them!"

"I wish I could!" he ran, and grabbed her hands to pull her back inside.

"Why can't you?" came her whisper of a responce.

"It has to happen." he said, tearfully. "So many times I lay awake, wanting to go to the Hindeburg to save them. So many times, I wanted to stop 9/11. I wanted to stop it all, but it would mess up the time/space continum."

"I've devoted my life to helping people, I couldn't live with myself if I killed someone." She started to cry, which surprized him, because he hadn't seen her cry before.

"You're not killing them."

"But I'm just standing back, watching, doing nothing. I might as well have started the dang volcano!"

"Listen to me! If we helped them, the world might become a black hole, and suck us in!"

She raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, that's worse case scenario, but I could have never met you."

She dried her tears, and followed him back into the TARDIS.

He hugged her tight. "I'm so sorry. I've done this so long, I get cocky, and don't pay attention."

"It's okay. I guess I needed to see that. I would want to save everyone from everything."

He tilted her head up to look him in the eye. "And that's what make's you special." he said, then kissed her on the forhead. "Now, how about good ol' American food?"

Mirna smiled, and nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter, they're going to a diner.