Sequel: His Savior

The New Assistant

Parole

Jack ran up next to Mirna, whom's hand was hovering over the big blue button.

"Don't...press that." he said slowly, as he moved her hand.

"Okay then, tell me what it does." she said, giving him her full attention.

Jack let out a sigh. "What time frame are you from?"

"2010 A.D, well, it would be 2011 now."

"Ah, okay," he said, thinking of an example that would make sence to her. He snapped his fingers, and pointed at her, with a look that you get after you solve a puzzle. "It's like I'm on parole! That button calls the Sontarans, my 'parole officers'. I don't want them to come here while The Doctor's here."

"Do the 'Sauna-torians' hate him?"

Jack chuckled. "Sontarans, and yeah, they do."

All of a sudden, the ship went through some turbulence, and Mirna heard a canister fall.

"Don't tell me-" she said, cringing.

"Yup." he replied, grabbing a blaster off the shelf.

"Of course." Mirna said, throwing her hands up in the air.

Jack tossed her a huge blaster. "That disintegrates anything the laser hits. You any good with a gun?"

"I'm in Shooting Sports." she said with a smirk.

They walked back to the kitchen, to find a deep in thought Doctor, starring out the window. He looked around, and the first thing that caught his eye was Mirna, the beautiful young girl, with a war-stopper weapon.

"Jack." he growled.

"No time to argue. Sontarans coming."

"What?!"

"They're his 'parole officers'." Mirna said, using air quotation marks.

The Doctor gave Jack a 'tsk, tsk' look, and Jack was about to explain himself, when the whole ship rocked furiously.

"They've docked. Crap!" Jack said, going down the hall th the docking bay. Mirna was about to follow, when The Doctor pulled her back and went ahead of her.

The group could hear their war chant coming down the hall, and getting closer.

"Sontar, ha! Sontar, ha! Sontar, ha!"

When they finally saw them, Mirna had to stifle a laugh: They were shorter than her!

"Mr. Jack, why did you summon us?" came the gruff voice of the head of their little ensemble.

"Believe me: I didn't mean to." came Jack's retort.

"Hang on," piped up The Doctor, "But the Medusa Cascade is pretty far from your jurisdiction, isn't it?"

"The Doctor! Open fire!" the leader commanded.

Taken by surprise, The Doctor got hit in the chest. He fell to the ground. They managed to disarm Jack with a shot to the hand. Then, Mirna stood in front.

"Bah, it's just a little girl, leave her. Finish the men off." the leader said, taking off his helmet to reveal his ugly face.

"Excuse me? I'm taller than you!" she spat.

"Mirna...no..." The Doctor managed to mumble as Jack slowly stood up.

"Oh? Your height won't help you against trained soldiers!"

"Ohh, but I'm better armed."

"Bah! Impossible! What are you armed with?!"

"A handsome, brilliant, passed out man, this freakin' awesome laser Panser-Streck, but most
importantly," she said reaching down to get a hunk of metal that fell of the wall from the Sontarans' shots, "A small projectile."

She hurled against the wall, and it bounced of two other walls, before lodging into the back of the leader's head.

"Run, Jack!" she said, then tried to drag the passed out handsome man down the hall. Jack stopped her, and hoisted The Doctor over his shoulders.

The Sontarans were trying to tend to the piece of metal lodged in their leaders weak spot,
when he shouted, "You fools! They're getting away!"

Mirna heard them coming, and shot some metal on the ceiling, hoping it would fall down, and block their pursuers path. It proceeded to disintegrate the metal.

"Crap, I forgot it did that." she said under her breath.

When they got to the docking bay, there was a problem: The TARDIS had been disconnected from the bridge, and was five yards away from the end of the bridge.

"This bridge has air pumped into it, but not at the end. How long can you hold your breath?" Jack inquired, hatching a plan.

"Long enough." Mirna replied with a smirk.

Jack took a deep breath, and launched himself of the edge of the bridge. He landed firmly on
the TARDIS' doors, and pried them open. Mirna got a running start, and just fell through the open doors. Jack gave the limp life form that was The Doctor to Mirna, and locked the doors.

Mirna carefully laid him down on a little, out of place looking bench. She brushed the hair out of his eyes, and looked at his face.

Mirna, you can't be falling in love, she said to herself, Not with him.

His eyes slowly fluttered open, which made her jump, and he stared her in the face.

Stop falling in love with her. The Doctor scolded himself.

"So, guys," Jack said, interrupting their awkward stare, "Where to next?"

"Nowhere until you- Could you help me up, Mirna?" She leaned him up, and he stood in front of Jack. "Not until you tell us how you got in trouble."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is what a Sontaran looks like:

Image