Sequel: His Savior

The New Assistant

Amnesia

Jack took a deep breath, and sat down to tell his tale of woe.

"Ianto and I were coming here, to see the Medusa Cascade, when the Sontarans stoped us. They had me for crimes against 'The glorious Sontar'. They knew I would never die, or do what they said, so the captured Ianto, and told me they wouldn't hurt him if I did what they said. So, I'm their mobile prisoner."

Mirna looked puzzled. "Who's Ianto?"

"His boyfriend/ex boyfriend." The Doctor stated.

"Hey! He's not-" Jack started, but was then interupted.

"Yes, yes. You say he's not your boyfriend, then, next time I see you, you're snoging him. I've heard your story." he retorted.

Mirna scooted over to Jack, and put her arm around him, and touched his blood-red cheek with the back of her other hand. She turned her head to The Doctor, and nodded her head towards the controls of the TARDIS.

He shruged, and had a puzzled look on his face.

She nodded her head to them again, then mouthed 'Ianto'.

He realized what she meant, and went over to start putting in the directions.

"Don't try to get Ianto. They'll kill him if they realize what you're doing." Jack said, not moving his head, or eyes.

"Okay, what do you want us to do?" questioned The Doctor, sort of irritated.

"Let him live." he said.

Mirna rubbed his shoulder, sort of protecting him, like a mother bear caring for her cub. "I know what will make you feel better. You like clubs?"

Jack turned to her, and smiled.

-----

"Ah, here we are! Club Lime!" The Doctor said, outstreaching his arms to point to the building before them.

"I guarante you I'm going to have to drag you guys back to the TARDIS." Mirna challenged.

"Oh, yeah?" The Doctor said jokingly, "I bet that he's going to puke." he said, nodding his head over to Jack.

"Nope, never puked from being drunk before." Jack said arrogantly.

"Well, let's see who wins." Mirna said, walking in.

Twenty Bloody Maries for The Doctor, and fifteen Lime Martinies for Jack later.

"I love you all," The Doctor slurred to the hourde of women around him, "Well, not really. You are floosies, who hope I get drunk enough to sleep with you." He slammed glass twenty-one down on the table. "Well, it's not gonna work. I only wanna dance with one of ya."

They all giggled, and crowded around him with anticipation.

He walked over to Mirna, who was laughing her butt off just looking at his attempt to walk.

"Hang on, how come you aren't drunk? I mean, I'm drunk, I'm pretty sure Jack is drunk," He looked past Mirna, and saw Jack making out with a sort of familir face. "Yeah, he's drunk."

"While you chugged Bloody Maries, I chugged Root Beer." Mirna said with a smirk.

"Ah, that would help."

"So, which one do you want to dance with?" she said, looking at the women staring at him.

He offered his hand to her, and a slow song began to play. "You."

"Me? Why not one of the floosies?"

"Cause you're my buddy, and I need someone to hold me up." he said, as his foot sliped, and she caught him. He smiled at her. "See?"

She lead him to the dance floor, and put her arms around his neck, as he placed his on her waist.

"I can't believe we're in a club, sixty years into the future." she whispered.

He chuckled, then looked at the big group men staring at her. "It's a good thing you aren't drunk, 'cause you've got some men watching you."

"Well, it would never work out. Long distance relationships never do." Mirna scoffed.

The Doctor smiled, then gently turned her head towards his. Her eyes widened as he kissed her. She was to shocked to react when Jack ran up while he was still kissing her.

"Guys, guys! It's Ianto! He escaped from them! He's here!" he said, smiling like someone just gave him the world.

-----

The Doctor woke up with a painful headache, and no memory of what happend after his third Bloody Mary.

Jack couldn't remeber anything, ether, but was shocked awake when he saw Ianto's face looking down at him. "About time you woke up!" he said cheerfully.

"What happend last night?" Jack and The Doctor said in unison.