Sequel: His Savior

The New Assistant

Surprises

Mirna walked in with a victorious gant in her step. "Guess what I had to do?" she said, with a evil grin.

"Drag us back to the TARDIS..." The Doctor mumbled.

"Drag you back to the TARDIS!" she repeated, her grin growing bigger.

"W-w-wa-wait-wait. Did I puke?" Jack questioned.

"A little." Mirna said bluntly, and quickly, then turned back around to The Doctor. "You don't remember anything from last night?"

He shook his head. "After the third Bloody Mary, it's all a blur.

Mirna's face looked like she was keeping a secret.

"I really puked?!" Jack cut in, with a whiny tone.

"You cared more about the fact that you threw up, than who is right next to you?" Mirna said, raising a brow.

Jack turned his head, it finally sinking in. "Ianto..."

"Hi, Jack." Ianto said with a smile.

"Ianto told us about how he escaped, then you two promptly passed out." Mirna said, looking at Jack's happy face.

"How did you-?" Jack started.

"I'll tell you later, love." Ianto cooed, helping Jack up.

"Where do you want us to drop you off?" The Doctor said, slowly getting up. He looked over at them. "Right, sorry. Medusa Cascade, Jack's ship." he said while setting himself about the task of pressing buttons, and flipping switches.

-----

The Doctor, and Mirna, left them at the loading bay, kissing.

Mirna was nervous about traveling with the man who kissed her. She wanted to kiss him back, but had no clue about how he'd react.

"Wh-whoa!" he shouted, and fell down against the wall, still hazy from last night.

"Here," she chuckled, and tried to help him up, but then slipped, and fell into his lap.

"Maybe I did have a drink, or two." Mirna giggled, then he started laughing with her.

She looked into his eyes, and impulsively kissed him. He was surprised at first, then wrapped his arms around her.

"She's fourteen, she's fourteen, she's fourteen." was going through his brain at a hundred miles an hour.

He broke the kiss, and pulled her away. "You're fourteen." is all he could say.

Mirna's eyes lost their shimmer, and she helped him up.

"M-maybe you should go home." he whispered.

"If that's what you want." came her shaky reply.

-----

The Doctor didn't even watch her go: As soon as she was out the door, he left. Leaving a messed up, distraught girl all alone in the world.