Love Is A Dirty Word

Chapter 3

"So, how old are you?" Andy asked as we walked out the door.

"15," I replied. I wasn't really in the mood to talk.

"Oh, ok, cool. Do you go to school around here?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, cool." He said, finally stopping.

We got to my house about 10 minutes later, I could hear yelling inside. Cringing, I turned around,

"You should go." I turned back around, walking up the steps and opening the door.

"Sienna, is that you?" I heard my father yell. I could hear my mothers distant sobs in the background.

"Yeah..." I yelled out. I could hear my father stomping down the hall, my mother crying out 'leave her alone!' a thousand times over.

"Where have you been?" He said. He was so close to me, I could feel his spit on my face.

"I passed out," I lied, "At the park." I started fake shivering so he would think I was telling the truth and only send me to my room.

"Fine," He said, and edge in his voice, "I'm going down to the pub. I'll be back tonight." I silently cheered, thinking of a whole day without him. He picked up his keys and his wallet, shoving them in his jacket pocket and heading out the door, slamming it behind him. I ran over to my mother, who was curled in a ball on the floor.

"I told him I was pregnant," she sobbed, "and he said he didn't want another one to deal with. So he kicked me. In the stomach." she finished, bursting into tears.

"I'll get us out of this mum, I promise." I said, holding her in my arms, cringing as she lay her head on my chest.

The next morning I woke up early. My father had already left for work, and my mother was having the day off, so I let her sleep. It was the first day of the new school year, and it was going to be just as bad as last. I got out of bed and straightened my long, dirty blonde hair, and then proceeded to get dressed.

As I was walking to school, I started thinking about Andy. I had to admit, he was cute, the way his eyes had a slight twinkle to them, and the way his jet black hair sit, slightly messed up. I shook my head, to get the thought of him out of my head as I arrived at school.

I heard the bell ring just as I got through the front doors. There was a slight buzz as the school intercom system turned on and the voice of the vice principal roared through the school,

"All students please report to the hall for Assembly."

I groaned as I through of how long and boring it would be. I hurried off down the corridor towards the hall, finding a seat as far back as possible once I got there. The principal walked up on the stage, giving the usual 'Welcome back' speech.

After about 45 minutes of talking, the principal, Mrs Carter, started calling out class lists. I was in 12C with Emily, my best friend, and her boyfriend Jethro, in room B6. We left the hall, heading up to B6 together, talking about who would be the best form teacher.

"Hey Sienna!" I heard the familiar voice of Michael, one of the computer geeks in my year.

"Oh, hey Michael," I said, trying to sound happy about seeing him. I mean, he's cute and kind and funny and all, he's just slightly obsessive sometimes.

"How was your summer?" He asked, making me cringe slightly. I smiled and replied,

"Great, thanks, yours?" He smiled and started on a long rant about what eh did I kind of zoned out, though. Finally, after what seemed like a lifetime, we arrived at B6. Emily, Jethro and I walked to the back of the classroom, Emily and Jethro taking two seats on the back row, and I taking one in front of Emily.

"Alright class," said Mr Carter, walking in, "This year, you're seniors, which means responsibility!" There was a quiet groan from each student. "Okay, well, I'll take roll call, and then you can chat amongst yourselves until the bell. I'll hand out schedules soon." he said, beginning roll call.

"Sienna! Could you come here a minute?" I got up from my seat and trudged over to Mr Carter.

"Yeah?"

"Could you please go get the schedules from the office?" Mr Carter asked with a smile.

"Sure," I replied, walking out and towards the office.

"Hey Mrs Samwell, 12C class schedules?"

"Right here!" Mrs Samwell said passing me a stack of papers. "Could you do something for me?" She asked. Slightly confused, I replied,

"Sure."

"We have a new student in your class and I was wondering if you could take him to your room, maybe show him around?"

"No problem, where is he?"

"Andrew dear, come here please." she said a boy protruding from the room next door, wide eyed, I looked at him and said,

"Andy??"

"Oh hey Sienna!"

Crap.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long D:
But, this is my longest chapter so far, about twice as long as chapter 1
And I'll be writing a bit more lately
So hopefully not too long to wait for the next chapter.
I know, not much happens. But there is some vital information in this chapter that will come up later.

Comments are love =]