Status: writing it

Alexander and Elizabeth

The Start of Forever

Alex and I had met when I was 15 and he was 18. When we first met he thought I was 20. That used to happen to me allot. I didn't think he was my type at all. He looked like a preppy football player, and I was more into the rugged souls of musicians.

When he asked me out I said yes because his eyes intrigued me. They were chocolate -brown and had the spark that I call the 'intelligence spark'.

Our first date was amazing, I still remember like it was yesterday. He took me to go see Root 3; a local band that my ex boyfriend was in. I wasn't very ecstatic about going to see my ex, it reminded me of the summer that I became a pot head and followed his band all over New Hampshire. I'm not very proud of that.

Also I was worried about this guy bringing me on a date, and being in the same room as someone who still needed me to be in his life and take care of him. I was attracted to projects and once it got too hard I always left. You can see how this would cause some tension.

Alex showed up to my house dressed in dark jeans and a T-shirt with a band I had never heard of on it. Knowing me I couldn't compliment him on his outfit; I had to tease him about it. That's how I show I'm nervous. He looked amazing though.

"What band is that? Some really bad techno I bet." from what I had seen lame boys listen to techno. Alex had overheard me talking to my friend Trysten about it.

He didn't even seem bothered by my banter, in fact he flashed his brilliant smile and replied by saying, "Anyone who doesn't know The Arcade Fire is stupid and it isn't techno. You look okay yourself." he reached up and tucked my long brown hair behind my ear. this interested me., and made me shiver.

Everything about him made me feel like giggling or smiling and already every time his deep eyes rested on me I felt beautiful.

When we got to the Barn ( that's the name of the teenage music seen in my small town) it was lit with strobe lights and Root 3 was just setting up. The barn is a huge room under the town hall building that teenagers took over for performing arts.

It was probably my favorite place to be, but I hadn't been there since Tom and I had broken up. I missed the familiar smell and thumping bass line. Tom looked up and as soon as he saw me he ran over like a puppy dog returning to his owner.

"hi Elektra, I didn't know you were coming to the show tonight, you haven't come to our shows since..well you know." Tom had on ripped black skinny jeans and a gray closely fit tank top. His dark blue hair was almost dyed black and it was spiked tonight for the show; his eyes matched his hair.

He looked awkwardly at his feet. for a supposed punk rocker he was really shy and sensitive. Alex looked at me as if he was asking me why I had dated someone who looked like a scary vampire.

"well I've been busy with school stuff and..." I trailed off and looked up at Alex.

"ahh I see, well I'll see you around?" he leaned in to give me a hug and I shifted my body weight slightly so he could only give me a half embrace.
"maybe" I spoke sternly implying that I must certainly didn't think I would be seeing him around any time soon.

Alex took my hand and led me to a table with all my friends from school. The floor was black and smooth and clicked under my black converses. the table where we were heading was full of friends I had made at school, but lately my tie to them had been drifting and as we got closer my apprehension grew.

It was almost as if he could sense the tension growing inside my tiny body, before anyone at the table saw us Alex switched directions and took us to a table at the back of the room. Furthermore he never mentioned the situation until a few years later.

We sat there in comfortable silence until I noticed that almost all the girls in the room were checking him out. It made me mad and I had no Idea why. I had no right to be upset over girls finding Alex attractive; I mean he was. With his jet black perfectly messed up hair. His warm inviting, knowledgeable eyes. His easy mussels and his easy manner.

That's one of the things I love about him most is that he always makes you feel like he's really listening; weather your a three year old complaining about how dirty finger painting is, or a 80 year old man telling him about the war; he always took time to understand.

When Root 3 started to play Alex looked over at me and saw I wasn't having fun.
"Elektra huh? I thought your name was Emmy.
" well my full name is Elizabeth, but I got that nickname when I was 13 because my hair was always a different color. I've known Tom since I was in 6th grade." I spoke kind of shyly
and decided against explaining that Tom wanted to marry me.

his warm voice spoke clearly but quietly and calmly; his voiced seemed so out of place here.
"well I like Emmy allot more. is it ok if I call you that?" he brushed my long curly tresses out of my face yet again.
"yea that's fine, that nickname is from a very different time, seems like a lifetime ago." He nodded enthusiastically.
"come on, lets get out of here." we both stood up he smiled and grabbed my hand. He started leading me out the door. I looked back just in time to see Tommy looking at me with big sad eyes as I departed out of the door.

The fresh air was the best thing in the world. It filled my lungs like a airbag fills in a car crash. It was about 10 degrees cooler outside then in, and the stars! the stars were shining so bright.

By the Time I was paying attention we had put some distance between the Barn and us. Alex took me to the middle of the baseball field and sat down on the pitching mount.

That night we spend hours just talking and getting to know each other. We talked about our childhood, what we wanted to do in life, and how much we both wanted to get out of New Hampshire.

Alex was allot closer to that then I was. He was leaving for college in the fall. That summer was one of the best of my life. We spent almost every waking moment together after that night.

It got to the point that even my ignorant parent noticed Alex was around all the time. at one point my mom asked when I was going to marry him. I swear she thought I was 18 already and wondering why I was still mooching off her.

I told her I was going to marry him when he asked. Alex had his own place and he had since he was 16, at the end of the summer he asked me to move in with him, he said it was my 16th birthday present. I accepted, and my mom was happy to be able to do her drugs without my interruption.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what you think I really like this chapter :)