Status: Active, updates once (or twice) per week

Forget About Me It's What I Deserve

Four

Image

Sky’s P.O.V.

I woke up in a hospital bed. My whole body hurt, but the only thing I could think of was Hailey. I opened my eyes and saw four people sitting next to my bed. The first one was Kat, who was talking to a guy, I realized it was Zack. Jack and Rian were on the other side of the bed.
“Where’s Hailey!” I yelled and shot up for the bed, nearly giving everyone a heart attack. I didn’t care Jack and Rian were also in the room, I just wanted to know where my little girl was. “Sky, calm down, she’s fine.”

“Who’s Hailey?” Of course Jack was the one to ask. Kat’s eyes widened. “Uhm, no one.” I sighed. “It’s fine. I guess I better tell them too.” I looked up at Jack and Rian we were probably pretty confused. “Hailey is my daughter.” I whispered. “Your WHAT!?” Jack screamed while Rian shocked of course, but he stayed calm. “You have a daughter?” Jack stared at me. “Can I meet her? How old is she.” I laughed at his childish behavior. “Uhm I guess and she’s two.”

Rian was the first one to connect the dots. “Two? But then… She’s…. That means you got pregnant when you were still in Baltimore!” Jack stared at his friend for a second, snapped back to look at me and became really, really pale. “Oh shit! You’re right! Oh my god! Sky is she mine?” Jack panicked and he looked like he was going to pass out.

“Jack! Calm down! She’s not. She’s…” I bit my lip, afraid to say the name. “Alex is a dad!” Jack yelled. “What the fuck!? And he doesn’t even know! Why didn’t you tell him?” He demanded, not realizing everyone was giving him a shut-the-fuck-up-look.

I was starting to get a little mad. Why was everyone pushing me to tell him. “You wanna know Jack? You really wanna know?” I hissed. “I never told him because the night before I left I went to see Alex. He told me he loved me and we ‘made love’ as he called it. And guess what? He fucking kicked me out afterwards, because he thought I should be with you! I fucking begged him to open the door, but he didn’t! He broke my heart, I don’t have to tell that son-of-a-bitch anything! I hate him and I don’t want anything to do with him. EVER!”

Everyone stared at me in shock. Jack was the first one to move. He hugged me. “I’m sorry Sky. I didn’t mean it like that. If you really hate Alex, we’ll keep him away from you.”
I shook my head and started to cry. “I don’t hate him, I love him. And I fucking hate the fact that I love him so much, even after all this time.” “I know sweetie, I know. “ Jack tried to comfort me. “I just want him to feel the same pain I felt when he dumped me.” Jack chuckled at my outburst. “Sure honey, wanna make him jealous?” He joked. “Yes.” I pouted, feeling a little better after I finally got that out of my system.

I turned back to Kat. “Where’s Hailey?” Kat paled a little. “Uhm, she… uhm.. She’s with Alex.” Of course I freaked when she said that. Kat quickly explained the situation and I calmed down. “Guys just promise me you won’t tell Alex. I’m just not ready, I’ll tell him eventually, he can be in her life, but I don’t want anything to do with him.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex’s P.O.V

A little later we arrived at the apartment. Hailey showed me her room and we packed a few things. On our way back to the house I was trying to figure out how to tell the guys. When we got there the weren’t there, so I made lunch for me and Hailey.

We sat down at the kitchen table, I wasn’t very hungry, but Hailey seemed to be starving. “So Hailey, you really don’t mind staying here for a while?” I asked, just to start a conversation. She stopped eating her pancakes and gave me a bright smile. “No, I think you’re nice and I don’t want to stay at home alone.” She pouted, so kinda looked like me when she did that. “At first I didn’t want auntie Kat to go, but now it’s not so bad, because I gotta stay with you.” “So Kat is you aunt?” “Nope. She a friend of my mommy. Can we go see mommy soon Alex?”

I thought about that, could I really go with her to her mom. What would I have to say? Hey you don’t know me, but I’m taking care of your kid for the next two weeks. Don’t thinks so. “I don’t know, I don’t really know your mom.” “But she’s really nice!” Hailey exclaimed indignant . I laughed. “I’m sure she is. What’s your moms name?” “Sky.” Hailey mumbled with a mouth full of pancakes.

I froze. Sky? “Really? I knew a girl named Sky once, I really loved her.” I mumbled the last part, more to myself then to Hailey. “What happened?” She sure was a curious kid. “She moved away, I never saw her again.” I answered, my voice sad.

Hailey didn’t answer, but continued eating. “You make yummy pancakes. Can I stay with you?” She asked when she was done eating. I chuckled. “I don’t think your mom would like that.” “Can you stay with me and my mom then?” She asked. “I don’t think I can honey.” Hailey’s face fell. “But why?” She whined. “Well, I don’t know your mom, maybe she’s way too old for me” I teased her. “and what about your dad?”

“My mom isn’t old!” Hailey frowned. “She’s… 21! And I don’t know my daddy, but mommy says he loves me, but can’t be with us.” “I’m sorry, your mom never told you where he is?” “Nope.” She paused to think. “Can you be my daddy?” I nearly choked on my drink. “You and mommy can get married and have babies and you can make me pancakes!” She clapped her hands.

Before I could respond the front door opened. “Aaaaaaalexxxxxxx! We’re baaaaaaaack!” Jack sang and all three the guys stopped dead in their track when they saw Hailey. “Dude, what the hell did you do? We were only gone for a few hours.” Jack joked. “What? No! Guys sit down and I’ll explain.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first week quickly passed.

They all seemed to love Hailey, which wasn’t very surprising, she was so sweet and easy to love. They didn’t mind her staying for two weeks. Hailey seemed to love the guys too, she especially liked Jack, who made her laugh by just acting… well like himself.

Right know Hailey was sleeping, Rian was calling his girlfriend, Zack was on a date with Kat and Jack was somewhere around the house. I plopped down on the couch. I was exhausted, taking care of Hailey was harder than I thought, even with the help of the guys. She had too much energy for a 2 year old.

I couldn’t help but think of Sky and how much Hailey looked like her. Even though I’d never met her mom I was pretty sure it was Sky. It was just too much of a coincidence. They both lived in Chicago, both of their names were Sky, they were the same age, Hailey’s mom owned a coffee shop, something I know was always Sky’s dream, which was named after one of our songs and of course Hailey’s eyes, they were the exact same color as Sky’s.

Suddenly Jack came in a sat down next to me. “What’s up bro?” I wondered if I should tell him about Sky and Hailey. “Hey jack, doesn’t Hailey remind you of anyone?” I saw a flash of something in Jack’s eyes, but it was gone before I could figure out what it was. “No. Why, what’s wrong.” “Doesn’t she remind you of… Sky?”

“Sky? What? NO! Why would you think that?” Jack screamed. “Wow chill dude. I’m just… Hailey…. She looks like Sky.” Jack laughed. “Alex, listen to yourself. You’re rambling. You’re really telling me that you think that little girl upstairs is the daughter of the girl you had a crush on. Don’t you realize how idiotic that sounds?” I shrugged. “Yeah, I guess you’re right. It does sound insane when you put it that way.” I didn’t really agree. But I just didn’t wanna talk about it, of course they would think I was crazy.

I got up and walked to the bedroom. Hailey was asleep and I opened my suitcase as quiet as possible. Sky had once showed me a picture of when she was little. She forgot it at my place, so I kept it, never remembering to give it back. I kept in with me ever since she left, along with a picture of me and her, taken only a couple of days before she’d left.

I found the two pictures I was looking for. I sat down on the bed next to Hailey, careful not to wake her up. I looked at the picture of Sky, in the picture she was about the same age as Hailey. I gasped when I saw the resemblance. How could I not have seen it before. Hailey was Sky’s daughter, there was no doubt about it.

I ran back downstairs. “Guys!” I found all three of them in the living room. “Just look at this picture and then tell me again if I’m delusional.” I threw the picture in Jack’s lap. Rian and Zack looked over his shoulder. “I’m telling you guys, I’m not crazy, Hailey is Sky’s daughter.”
The guys tried to convince me I was wrong, but have in after a few minutes after I told them all the reason I thought I was right. They couldn’t deny it any longer.

“Okay Alex, maybe you’re right. She does look a lot like Sky, but please don’t get your hopes up. What if you’re wrong. We don’t want to see you disappointed again.” Rian said. I understood why they were so worried, but I knew I was right this time.

“Okay, but I’m telling you, I’m not wrong, not this time.” I went back upstairs to check on Hailey. I sat down on the bed and looked at her. She was still sleeping peacefully.
My heart seemed to skip a beat when I thought of Sky. I was taking care of her daughter. Did she knew? Would she want to see me? Why hadn’t she ever called me us?

She was here in Chicago, but how was I ever going to find her? Suddenly an idea popped into my head. We were having a concert at the end of next week, of course I didn’t know if she would come, but a plan was forming in my head. It was a long shot, but it was worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
It not the best chapter, but I really wanted to post something for you guys, you're all awesome!

I really wanna thank KatharineRae for helping me with this chapter. Go check out her stories guys, they're amazing.

I have some big plans for this story. Let's just say thing are going to get complicated.....
What do you guys think Alex is planning. Any other predictions for the rest of the story??
Let me know

Oh question: Any Jack fans here? (if so you're prob gonna like what's coming)

Love, Felicia