Status: Active, updates once (or twice) per week

Forget About Me It's What I Deserve

Eight

Image

Sky’s P.O.V

It’s been three months since the concert. I haven’t seen Alex since. Jack doesn’t know what happened after he left.

Oh about the whole marriage thing.

After Jack asked me I said yes, we gotten married latterly the day after that. I love him, always have, but I would be lying if I said it didn’t have anything to do with Alex.

But I was happy, Jack was amazing, Hailey loved him and he seemed to adore her. I did tell her the truth however. After spending so much time with Alex I figured she should know he was her father, but I still didn’t want her to spent time with him. Alex was immature and had no responsibility whatsoever. Of course he loves Hailey, but I was afraid she might get hurt, because of Alex’s behaviour.

Jack and I were getting ready for dinner, he’d been staying at my place ever since the night of the concert. He’d asked me out for dinner seeing tonight was our 3 month anniversary.

I was finishing my make-up when Jack called my name. “Sky! Where are you?” “Bedroom.” I called back, putting on my mascara. Jack walked in holding an envelope in his hand. “I think you should see this.” He said softly. “What is it?” I asked, still looking in the mirror. “It’s a court order.” He whispered.

I spin around to face him, disbelieve clearly in my eyes. “WHAT!” I yell and rip the envelope out of his hands. I opened it and quickly scanned the letter inside and paled. “I have to go to court.” I whispered not taking my eyes of the letter, because I couldn’t believe what it said. “What? Why?” Jack sounded confused. I looked up at him. “Because of Alex.”

Jack looked even more confused now. “Alex? Why would he drag you in front of a judge. What does he want?” A tear escaped my eyes and I answer him with only one simple word. “Hailey.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Monday, nine o’clock. Jack and I, with Hailey in my arms, walked into the courtroom. Alex and both of our lawyers were already there. Alex didn’t look at us, but just kept staring out of the window.

The judged entered and we sat down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’d like to hear both sides of the story please.” The judge said. Alex lawyer stood up. “My client is here to get full custody of his daughter, Hailey Alexandra Smith. He believes that Mrs. Barakat, born Smith, is not capable of taking care of her considering her past.”

He finished his story and my own lawyer got up. “That might be true, but, as said before, that was her past. My client has been clean for at least 4 years now. She admits having made mistakes in the past, but she was only a very confused teenager with a rough past. She changed after leaving her home and build up a good, stable life for herself and her daughter.”

“Yes, but isn’t it true she kept the existence of Hailey a secret to Mr. Gaskarth, who is her biological father?” Alex’s lawyer interrupted. “Yes, as I said, she was a confused, teenage girl, who did what she thought was best at that moment. And to her keeping Hailey from her father was what she thought was the right thing to do, knowing it would mess up Mr. Gaskarth’s plans for the future.”

It went on like that for what felt like hours, but was only an hour. I wasn’t really paying attention as to what was being said. Instead I was trying to get Alex’s attention, but her refused to look at us, keeping his eyes on the wall in front of him.

After hearing both sides of the story the judge told us to come back in an hour for the decision. I froze, an hour? Was she serious? Could I really lose my daughter in one short hour? A lady from Social Services came over. “I’m sorry Mrs. Barakat, but the judge want Hailey to stay with me until she made her decision.” She explained. I nodded and hugged Hailey. “I’ll be right back baby, but you have to go with this nice lady for a little while okay?” And I waved as they disappeared through a side door.

Jack tugged on my jacket. “Come on babe.” He whispered. I looked up the see the room was empty. “Don’t worry It going to be fine.” He mumbled, reinsuring me.

When we got to the hallway I saw Alex sitting on one of the benches. I turned to Jack. “Jack, could you please get something to drink? I want to talk to Alex.” Jack didn’t say anything but did as I asked.

I walked over to Alex, stopping right in front of him. His eyes slowly drifted from to floor up to meet my eyes. “So, where’s your husband? Or are you looking for another quick fuck?” He asked viciously, I ignored his question. “Why are you doing this Alex?” I whispered. “Because I want to see Hailey.” He said matter-of-factly.

“Are you really gonna take her away from me? Seriously Alex, there has to be another way.” I begged. He got up from the bench, towering over me. “Another way? I fucking gave you three months to change your mind Sky. But you still wouldn’t let me see Hailey! So no, there’s no other way, you had your change and you threw it away.” He hissed.

Ib] threw my change away?” I screamed. “No Alex, you threw your change away. You threw away our change to be happy together when you threw me out of your room. Our change to be a family when you fucked that random slut a couple of months ago. This is all your fault!” I shrieked and slapped his cheek as hard as I could before I turned around and stormed away, silent tears streaming down my cheeks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“Please all head back to the courtroom, the judge has made her decision.” A man said and we got up. Before entering the room I stopped Jack. “Jack, I don’t wanna go in there, I’m scared.” I whispered. He hugged me. “It’s already baby. Everything is going to be alright.”

We entered the room and waited for the judge to enter before we sat down. The lady from Social Services came back with Hailey and they sat in the benches where normally the jury would sit.

The judge looked at both of us before speaking. “This wasn’t easy, but I’ve made my decision according to what I think is best for the child. So after hearing both sides of the I grant custody to………….”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it took so long, but I've been insanely busy lately. This chapter is for CarissaDelaine because she practically begged me to update and I just couldn't say no.

Who do you think is gonna get full custody?? Alex or Sky.
comments = update

This story is coming to an end. There's only an epilogue after this and then it's done. But there's always the sequel :D

Love, Felicia